how is the best item to reduce sin x edp sonic blow

Littlechan

Quote from: With on Oct 07, 2008, 03:44 AM

if they just use edp, use deviling ghostring

if they use elemental converter too, use thara frog, feather beret, :-X

note: best way: kill them before they can sonic blow you ;D

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Sarin

right...kill or be killed. Depends on server setup, but on 99/70 no custom stuff, only zerked LK or full vit well equipped full vit pally can survive linked EDP SB. Without link, you need f. beret, thara, decent def and like 12k hitpoints to survive...anyway, one of best things to do actually is to decloak him in time and use all kinds of slowing/status effects in your disposal. Curse and agi down are the bane of SinX, but dont dare to get on melee range.

blackgh05t

Quoteonly zerked LK or full vit well equipped full vit pally can survive linked EDP SB

FS Prof also.
eos
Est. 2008

Descent

Quote from: With on Oct 07, 2008, 03:44 AM

Most who go with this build are idiots with zero comprehension of Ragnarok Online. Sorry to say, but they're looking for the fastest, lamest way out while they brag to their friends on how much they "pwn".

Watch for the ever-present "Enchant Poison" post-Soul Link. Slap on an Evil Druid or an Argiope if they do. This is mostly from both LR and HR experience.

LK - Anti SB armor(GR/Argiope or ED if they EP) and Bowling Bash them in the face. Keep them out of range. If they get off the first one(and you survive it), pot or zerk, your choice.

Sniper - Arrow Shower is your best friend. Reveal and DS to death.

Champion - Raging. Palm. Strike. Instant Cast Extremity Fist(Asura Strike) will more than likely drop them like a bad habit.

Professor - Dispel, destroy. Repeat until they cry "noob".

Sin X - Force them to reveal themselves(90% of them will cloak), either SB them back(if you're built that way), Soul Breaker, or Grimtooth.

Paladin - Rofl. Sac their a$$e$.

No offense to any who actually utilize the Sonic Blow build, but I feel that it takes ZERO skill to kill somebody with, and almost every single one that uses it talks about how good they are. Forgive my bias in advance.

Good luck.

Sarin

Quote from: Descent on Oct 07, 2008, 08:19 PM
No offense to any who actually utilize the Sonic Blow build, but I feel that it takes ZERO skill to kill somebody with, and almost every single one that uses it talks about how good they are. Forgive my bias in advance.

Speaking about all those with str/dex/vit build and ever-present link, yea. In this you are correct, I actually never seen good player with that build. It is mostly used by noobs wanting to "pwn". Actually, most good SinX (and good SinX is quite hard to find among all those noobs) take more agi based builds. These are harder to play, because of their lower hitpoints, so you need to know what's giong on in battle and find your way to kill, but are more versatile.

Scars

Sarin

Flee helps, but...it's really one of just few things where flee helps sometimes. And at WoE, it is seriously reduced.

watdapak

I think angeling card reduce SB w/ EDP when he uses elemental weapon.

Quote from: watdapak on Oct 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
I think angeling card reduce SB w/ EDP when he uses elemental weapon.
angeling reduces all ele's cept shadow by 25%

fluidin

Sadly, my server has quite a few EDP sonic blow built sinxs who know how to USE them effectively.

Truth be told, if someone who knows how to play a sinx is facing you, you would rather he be hybrid agi build than sonic blow. And yet, even if you are a SB built sinx, you WILL need much skill to pwn if the opponents you are facing know what they're doing.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Link1

Kyrie Elison > Sonic Blow
Safety Wall > Sonic Blow
Fire Wall > Sonic Blow
Elemental Armour if you know which element he used is > Sonic Blow

Try it out. =)
GM Ken - Black Knight RO (Aussie)
www.bn-ro.com

fluidin

KE is definitely not a reliable SB counter. Furthermore, sinxs with link and poem can do a "double" SB, when the delay is reduced by really ALOT. Which means a second SB after the first in a timeframe of less than 1 second. Yes, before the first SB animation ends.

Grimtooth > SW. Unless you're a prof, who is almost invulnerable in PvP anyway. In WoE, LP ftw.

Fire Wall, lol. If the sinx only does EDP>Cloak>SB, then you deserve to win.

Ele armor switching: This would be difficult and not easy to guess at all. In PvP though, there is an extremely high chance the sinx will either use fire/wind. In WoE, only idiots use elemental armors. FJ under poem will render you a feeder. (Unless of course, you are in a high rate and have the ability to obtain slotted Elemental armors)
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Ayu

while most build using it are pretty bad (probably stalked some forum and just copied the stat distribution and skill tree), in the right hands, it's far harder to deal with. Good SinX will carry converters to avoid GR and raydric. You're better off not being hit by SB rather than thinking about how to survive SB. Like what fluidin mentioned, possibility of double SB means that you are not going to live it either way for most classes.

If they are that close and is in range to pull off the SB on you already, in most cases nothing short of SW will save you from SB-EDP-Link-Bragi-non-neutral. It's sort of similar to whitesmith in a sense except CT is massive damage over a couple of hits non-stop instead of one (or 2 with bragi) all-or-nothing blow, only that they got the cloak while you see the smith charging at you right off.

Quagmire, curse status, dec agi, water escape technique all help out. If we're talking about those 130 str/vit/dex type, then loki's veil make them completely useless in WoE since without SB they are nothing (no aspd to grim, non-dedicated SBk is not too hard to handle, no aspd for normal battle). Silence remains effective even though you say that it's easy to cure off with green. Hey, so is curse with a panacea but curse is still hailed as an effective defense to sinx heh. Any time they have to waste using the pot to heal off a status (even if it's by hotkey), it's a bit of extra time for you to kill the sinx first.

Don't forget box of sunlight for your guild against cloak. Definitely necessary if no one is rich enough to afford maya purple yet.

As for the elemental factor, sinx without support of others, only got access to the 4 elementals, dark and poison at their disposal. Water, Fire, and Shadow are discouraged due to valk shield cutting it in 20%. With that in mind, wind and earth is left (Poison is easily negated by ED/Argiope.) *Most likely* sinx will be using wind by default in order to compliment teammate wizard's SG barrage.

Link1

Quote from: fluidin on Nov 07, 2008, 10:06 AM

KE is definitely not a reliable SB counter. Furthermore, sinxs with link and poem can do a "double" SB, when the delay is reduced by really ALOT. Which means a second SB after the first in a timeframe of less than 1 second. Yes, before the first SB animation ends.

Okai perhaps you dont know but no matter how many kiel cards or after cast delay equips you get Sonic Blow will always have the same after cast delay you know why? cos its an animation delay like Arrow Vulcan and i cant baby feed you, what you do is stack safety wall with kyrie then fire away. Also if you can spam SB you can also spam Kyrie but guess what you can also move around and cast Kyrie at the same time. And since your talking about the Sinx having a Link, if a Priest had a Soul Link, the Shieldless SB Sinx would die easy.

Fire Wall, lol. If the sinx only does EDP>Cloak>SB, then you deserve to win.

You do realise SB is a close melee attack meaning they have to get right next to you to use it, with good navigation and pre empting the sinx's movements firewall is a big help unless you plan on just standing there and waiting for him to attack you, good luck with that.

Grimtooth > SW.

lol...do i have to explain everything to you? Kyrie Elison and pneuma. Again your just assuming the priest will be standing around just waiting for the sinx to grim him to death lol...Movement and navigation plays a major role in pvp too.

Ele armor switching: This would be difficult and not easy to guess at all. In WoE, only idiots use elemental armors.

Ele armor switching is often how you distinguish a pro from a noob. This is a major part of pvp/woe, and often the determining factor of who wins and who doesn't in pvp. To be able to do this you need to use bm mode. Your saying its difficult and people who do it are idiots...is that because you've never tried it or you just cant do it.

In PvP though, there is an extremely high chance the sinx will either use fire/wind.

In PvP a high chance to use fire?? rofl, people dont use fire due to valk shield reducing fire dmg. In todays world people often use wind/earth/holy as there elements.

Sounds a lot like you only know the "theory", not the actual pvp experiences.

So Fluidin, the next time you criticise someone elses suggestions think twice, cos there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for everything he/she said otherwise they would not write it here in the first place. Cheers!

GM Ken - Black Knight RO (Aussie)
www.bn-ro.com