Guillotine Fist's Damage

Started by MemoZzz, Dec 31, 2008, 12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MemoZzz

I have recently made a Champion and I'm having some doubts with the equipment and stats. I have read from different places that to maximize GF's damage, there following stats are necessary: STR +120, INT +90... but I heard from people that to get more damage, you need to invest on INT after 90 STR to get more damage. So... my question is... what gives you more damage: STR or SP? If I was to go for STR, I would be using Waste Stove, Rideword, Cookie, Seal combo in addition to Abyss Knight in the weapon and a 3 Hydra carded Chain. On the other hand, if I was to go for SP, I would be using Morpheus. That's where my other doubt comes in... even though Morpheus set makes your casting unable to be interrupted, it increases casting time by 25%. It seems that it would be needing a lot of DEX for this one and I'm unsure how to distribute the stat points for this build. Help would be really appreciated. Let me know if you need more information about additional equipments if I was to use either type of build.

Btw, I'm playing in a mid-rate server with 99/70 max lvl.

fluidin

For GF, most important stat is in fact DEX. The faster your cast, the lower the possiblity the enemy might in some way avoid it (Safety Wall, Hide, etc.)

I have always believed in DEX>STR>INT for a Champion, heheh.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Littlechan

Damage is [(Weapon ATK+Base ATK) x (8 + SP/10) + 250 + (SkillLV*150)]*Card Effects.

taken from RMS's skill database :3

hope that can help XD

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Eremes Guile

It depends on your purpose, and you should plan your stats along w/equips.

Str and SP works together. But SP is like an amplification, so if your str is weak, your gfist is weak.

MvP imo
a +9/+10 double liberation lich bone wand is the best weapon for mvping

morph set, +0variants shoes, porcellio valk armor, roda frog valk shield are the best for this build
Now, here's how to build the stats as a start IF you can't tank your target mvp even for a second:
99 str (+21  - porcel valk armor or picky clothes)
25 int
99 dex

1 good example is the salamander(miniboss type). GL gfisting that with slow cast

if you feel you can tank your target mvp,
you can decrease the dex as much as you like, as long as you maintain your str 120, and adjust the extra points to your int.

here's the difference imo:
99 str
25 int
99 dex
- 70k - 100k gfist

99 str
40+ int,
89 dex
- 100k - 125k gfist

99 str
99 int
25 dex
- 140k - 150k gfist

there's a fact that you keep on teleporting around to find your mob, so yeah, that's why there's a minimum value and max value.

Pandora

Quote from: Eremes Guile on Dec 31, 2008, 06:42 AM
morph set, +0variants shoes, porcellio valk armor, roda frog valk shield are the best for this build
/hmm
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Littlechan

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Poki

99... Hope the bonuses even match up.

MemoZzz

Thanks for the feedback. There is one thing that bugs me about Lich's Wand, and that is that it's a pretty hard item to attain; not to mention variant shoes. On top of that, I never had that much luck with refinements. Setting that aside, I have another doubt: the Undead property of the Lich's wand, does it have an effect on GF? I heard that the damage would always be neutral.

Regarding, equipment... I thought +10 Chain [3] was a decent weapon to go for... in order to add a Seal Card and have 2 empty slots.  

Since I don't have all the necessary equipments, I was going for Magni's cap, Odin's Blessing, Stone Buckler (Set: +4 STR, in addition to some DEF) and Wool Scarf and Tidal Boots with (Aliot and Sohee); 2 Rings with Mantis and Cookie. Along with this equipments, I was thinking Waste Stove, Rideword, Seal, Cookie Card set. My casting would not be able to be interrupted and it would not increase casting time (less DEX maybe). I guess this could be changed to Variant Shoes (if I ever got my hands on one) and Morpheus Shawl (more SP?)

Also... I have always been unsure when people say STR 99 (+21). Does this include the bonus added with Blessing?

If it does not include Blessing, it would go something like this if the equipment mentioned above was to be used: STR 99 (+21), INT 68 (+12), AGI 1 (+9), DEX 60 (+10), VIT 33 (+7), LUK 5 (+5); no remaining points with lvl 99/70.

With Blessing, STR would go up to 130... blah blah blah.

Let me know what you think and thanks for the replies.

Winnin813

My champion around 110 STR, 120 DEX, 42 INT, and the rest was into VIT. That's counting buffs and job bonuses.

An over-uped Chain[3] is still a very decent weapon and with the right build at 99/70 you WILL one shot damn near everyone in WoE with it. It's just not the best compared to the Lich's Bone Wand.

Asura is always neutral too btw.

MemoZzz

The problem with Lich's Wand is that it only has 2 slots... and if I was to use Seal, Waste Stove, Cookie, Rideword card combo, it would use up a slot in the weapon. While the combo gives a lot of bonuses, I'm not sure if it is worthwhile to replace it for an Abysmal Knight card (for MvP/minibosses) or Hydra card (PvP/WoE). So... what do you think? Is it worth putting a Seal card on Lich's Wand instead of the 2 cards mentioned previously? If I was using this card set, I guess I could save up some DEX points since there is no increase on casting time.

Btw, what equipment do you use Winnin813?

Winnin813

Feather Beret
Masquerade
+7 Unfrozen Coat
+9 Triple Bloody Chain
+4 Valk Sheild
+7 Noxious Wool Scarf
+7 Green Ferus Tidal Shoes
Zerom Glove + Zerom Glove

Just go for the Triple Bloody first, if you do manage to get a +9 Lich's than worry about it.

Omi

Why a +4 valk shield?  They aren't that difficult to get (excluding other people killing valks before you can) and theres nothing wrong with O/R'ing it to +7.  Exact same with feather beret.

Littlechan

Quote from: Omi on Dec 31, 2008, 09:26 PM
Why a +4 valk shield?  They aren't that difficult to get (excluding other people killing valks before you can) and theres nothing wrong with O/R'ing it to +7.  Exact same with feather beret.

I think that's his equips ^^

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Poki

On a low rate, it's annoying.  Is it on a high rate? No idea if it is.

Winnin813

Quote from: Poki on Dec 31, 2008, 11:04 PM

On a low rate, it's annoying.  Is it on a high rate? No idea if it is.
Ding!

On most decently competitive low rates not only is Valk a pain to kill (compared to damn enar every other mini boss) but it's also dead most of the time.