Assassin EMP breaker build - pre renewal ggRO

Started by MiSuZzu, Jan 12, 2015, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiSuZzu

Hey i need help with assassin empbreaker build. The server population is around 2k players online . Pre renewal server ggRO ... episode 9.

https://calc.talonro.com/?caibLaYbKaFbAawababubbaaneaaaaaaaaadhaBaBaCaCctaawiaaukeUbnfgbpflbCfFbNfFbNaeeeagkkffkbbkkaaaaaaaabaaaaSaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaHaaaa

is this good build ? IN my opinion it is a must to have stun immune because of a lot of dancers and wizzards and status cards....

btw... what is better assassin or knight ?  without 2h quicken it hass the same DPS but with it knight has a lot more than this

exii

Assa is the faster breaker and knight is the more stable one especially because pre-rebirth is more based on physical melee dmg.
For this job assa is the better choice but you cant do anything except this. This montage is pretty useless for gvgs except you want to status grim with that low aspd.

Btw ggro requires 100 vit. Hercules dont have 3% status tolerance.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

MiSuZzu

https://calc.talonro.com/?cahbKaYbKaJbvayababEdaaaShaaaaaaaae5aaaaaaaaactaawiaauke3bnfgbufobCfFbNfFbPaeeeaiakbakgakbkkaaaaaqaabaaaaSaabahahahaaahaaaaaHaaaa i calced that knight is better braker ( has more hp/bigger dps) he is faster ( moventspeed) .... please free critize to this... a really wanna know more opinions on this tema

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: MiSuZzu on Jan 12, 2015, 07:22 PM
https://calc.talonro.com/?cahbKaYbKaJbvayababEdaaaShaaaaaaaae5aaaaaaaaactaawiaauke3bnfgbufobCfFbNfFbPaeeeaiakbakgakbkkaaaaaqaabaaaaSaabahahahaaahaaaaaHaaaa i calced that knight is better braker ( has more hp/bigger dps) he is faster ( moventspeed) .... please free critize to this... a really wanna know more opinions on this tema
Slap quag lvl 3 on that knight for a pathetic DPS of under 700. Assassin not so much. In addition I can throw out assassin builds which hit 2k+ DPS easy while haveing a stun resist equivilent to having 85+ vit....on a crit build. take a DD build and it gets even more absurd.

Assassin is by far a faster breaker but knight is also significantly more durable. That all said, they are two very different types of breakers in a pre-rebirth environment.

While the assassin is there to dish out immense damage the knight is instead made to keep the emp from resetting with Sanc in a prolonged fight as well as to aid in eating any SW's placed on it.

Edit: Protip for building a breaker sin: you get a lot more DPS out of your agi then you do with STR. If you are building to survive you still need STR, but running mid-agi on a WoE build is actually a good idea if your looking to optimize DPS. Though honestly if you pump so much vit you lose out on DPS so horribly that you might as well roll knight...

Even so, I took your same build and left the vit at the same level and tried to see if I could get a better DPS value by lowering STR and adding agi. I only got a marginal amount higher by pumping more agi, but bear in mind that such a gap would only widen the less vit you pump (ofc, a breaker is kinda useless if it is permanently stun locked though...)

https://calc.talonro.com/?caibLaYbAaYbAawababubbaaneaaaaaaaaadhaBaBaCaCctaawiaaukeUbnfgbpflbCfFbNfFbNaeeeagkkffkbbkkaaaaaaaabaaaaSaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaHaaaa
Triper is really awesome! For real!

MiSuZzu

THere will be so big attendance so i think there will be OLP on the emp.  I know  if there will be quak, knight and sin has almost the same DPS, i already calc it, but if there wont be quak on the emp, knight has almost 2x more dps than sin... And i know that agi makes bigger DPS, but i dont think you can move without stun immune on this woe..... here will be so many meteor storm/screaming and iam sure  class without stun immune can go across precast area while there will be 6 wizzards spamming MS :) thats why i choosed  stun immune..DPS is good, but useless withut good survivability

I saw so many discusions about this tema

PS : i really dont know how woe will look like on this server because it still didnt started so i maybe change my mind.... but on balikRO  stun immune was a must for breakers :)

Thanks for reply !

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: MiSuZzu on Jan 12, 2015, 09:34 PM
THere will be so big attendance so i think there will be OLP on the emp.  I know  if there will be quak, knight and sin has almost the same DPS, i already calc it, but if there wont be quak on the emp, knight has almost 2x more dps than sin... And i know that agi makes bigger DPS, but i dont think you can move without stun immune on this woe..... here will be so many meteor storm/screaming and iam sure  class without stun immune can go across precast area while there will be 6 wizzards spamming MS :) thats why i choosed  stun immune..DPS is good, but useless withut good survivability

I saw so many discusions about this tema

PS : i really dont know how woe will look like on this server because it still didnt started so i maybe change my mind.... but on balikRO  stun immune was a must for breakers :)

Thanks for reply !

I do have 1 question for you though....are there mobster cards on ggRO? Because if there are and your willing to go through the insane amount of effort to get 1 or 2 I can make you a mean crit breaker that easily hits over 2k DPS, has a good weight limit, and is nearly stun immune with less than a 1 second stun time (think half a second) provided it has gloria on it most of the time....which given your server is definitely doable.

exii

Crit sucks. Crit always sucked but back in the days, ppl didnt realized it.

The dd type applies more dmg and one of the biggest benefits is the high value per hit. You can "duel" against another assassin with higher dps by agi but you will be able to break it more often then he will (except there is a too high difference between the dps). If you hit it with 500 or with 800 with the last hit often made a difference at pre-rebirth.
And this is why assassin IS the better breaker. But I still would play knight to not feel completely useless outside of empfights.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: exii on Jan 13, 2015, 04:15 AM
Crit sucks. Crit always sucked but back in the days, ppl didnt realized it.

http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?caibLaYbna7bfavaba8BlaabRkfsfsabaae5aaaaaaaaafVaagjaaeueUaafggwfoe4fFbPfFbPakkkagkkaakabkkaaEaavaabaaaaSaaaaHaaaa

Here is a build I tested with mobster cards. Most pre-rebirth servers don't have mobster cards as they didn't exist back then, but if you run the numbers the DPS is actually pretty good. I've also tested said build and it is actually quite durable. Due to the fact that luk also affects stun duration and chance, it get's stunned for under 1 second and the stun doesn't happen too often....which is a good thing as an emp breaker since if you get stunned while attacking the emp you have to re-target when the stun finishes....which can be difficult when the emp is swamped. So with mobster card I found that crit isn't too bad.

Lower that build's vit just a tad and you can easily hit 2k DPS. This build was made assuming you would have a lot of support, which you would on a large server like ggRO.

I should also note that assassin isn't completely useless outside of emp fights. I've found that Venom Dust, while usable on traps....blocks the usage of traps on the cells that it's on. In addition said skill has an extremely high chance of poisoning those without 100 vit. When poisoned you not only lose HP, but your defence goes down and you stop naturally regening. by comparison to other status effects this isn't so powerful, but considering what else the venom cloud is doing for you it isn't such a bad skill. Furthermore, Grimtooth is an excellent way of inflicting statuses on an assassin, which allows you to do something when there are no venom clouds to lay.

I wouldn't say assassin is totally useless outside of emp fights...

MiSuZzu

Quotewhich is a good thing as an emp breaker since if you get stunned while attacking the emp you have to re-target when the stun finishes....which can be difficult when the emp is swamped

Thats the reason why i choosed anti stun, because there will so many ppl and i think the stun will be nonstop, so you have to target it again and again and finally your demage to emp will be lower than demage of build with 97 vit....

My opinion... critize this

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: MiSuZzu on Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 PM
Thats the reason why i choosed anti stun, because there will so many ppl and i think the stun will be nonstop, so you have to target it again and again and finally your demage to emp will be lower than demage of build with 97 vit....

My opinion... critize this

It depends on the specific fight really, in large servers you'll have massive fights with 3+ dancers and other such things causing stun everywhere...and then other fights where there are only 1 or 2 dancers and not much else stunning. stun immunity is not nessecarily needed, but if you aren't stun immune every so often you'll enter a fight where half your DPS goes down the drain because of stun. Really depends on what you want though, as an assassin with no agi is very limited: it can steal emps for it's guild and it can lay venom dusts....and assuming you have god-like gear, a guild with a sage using Volcano, and some fire armor, MAYBE get a kill or 2 with SB (but don't count on it). It's ability to inflict statuses and thus it's ability to function anywhere outside of an emp fight is rather limited as a result.

MiSuZzu

Quote from: Roda Frog of Sakray on Jan 13, 2015, 02:31 PM
It depends on the specific fight really, in large servers you'll have massive fights with 3+ dancers and other such things causing stun everywhere...and then other fights where there are only 1 or 2 dancers and not much else stunning. stun immunity is not nessecarily needed, but if you aren't stun immune every so often you'll enter a fight where half your DPS goes down the drain because of stun. Really depends on what you want though, as an assassin with no agi is very limited: it can steal emps for it's guild and it can lay venom dusts....and assuming you have god-like gear, a guild with a sage using Volcano, and some fire armor, MAYBE get a kill or 2 with SB (but don't count on it). It's ability to inflict statuses and thus it's ability to function anywhere outside of an emp fight is rather limited as a result.

I told earlier i dont know how this GW will looks like because it didnt started yet.... but there is over 10 woe active guilds... only our guild has 4 dancers.... and i think every guild has at least 3 dancers..... maybe 80-90 vit will b e enought, but.... iam not sure ... because i think on this server it will be too hard to target emp.... ( maybe with custom GRF, but it is disabled)