2-1 SinX SBK Build

Started by cgrez331, Nov 20, 2015, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgrez331

I played RO forever ago and just came back recently, to be honest I completely forgot how to play for the most part lol.

I remember playing an SBK SinX that I used to PvP and hunt some MvP's with, I was wondering what would be the best build/card nowadays for an SBK build?

1) SinX
2) SBK
3) Item Rate (Likewise, you are not going to see Full +10 MvP Carded Equipment players on a LR)
4) For What (PvM,MvP)
5) Against What (Specify the classes or mobs that you are going against)
6) Pre-Ren
8) Max Stats 300 can buy stats>

I'm assuming max str,int,dex,luk,agi and around 120 vit?

Sarin

Eh, it's been a long, long time. But my RO brain still works hopefully.

Soul Breaker...well, that's one odd thing that changes a lot depeding on max stats. From your description, it looks like stat points won't be a problem. I won't give you exact build, but I'll give you enough pointers to optimize it for your server.

Soul Breaker has two distinct parts, magical and physical. Although they're in the end applied as one ranged hit that is blocked by Pneuma and reduced by various anti-ranged modifiers, they're worth considering separately.
Physical part is derived from your raw ATK stat, without any % modifiers, although Incantation Samurai/Thanatos/Ice Pick can still apply (not 100% sure here, but I think it has to be held in right hand if using two weapons). It's also affected by element of your weapon (right hand if dual wielding). It can also miss, depending on your HIT and target's FLEE.
Magical part is affected by just your INT, skill level and some defensive modifiers on target's part. It is non-elemental (100% damage to any element including ghost, but is reduced by neutral-reducing things like Raydric card.

So, about stats:
STR. It affects your ATK, so it boosts physical part. If you're rationing the points for cost/benefit ratio, you're aiming for total STR being a multiple of 10. If you have stat points to throw around, just max it.
INT. Max it.
DEX. Max it, or if you're in a pinch with stats and have MvP cards available, just go for 150 total for instacast (since you're playing on server with increased max stats) and toss a Phreeoni card or two in your weapon.
AGI. Well...FLEE for defense, if you can get really high aftercast delay modifiers, it might be worth investing in to decrease animation length.
LUK. If you have points to spare, this is last (or second to last) stat to think of. ATK increase is neglible, but on high max stats, it's worth considering as defensive stat against ASPD chars,as it gives perfect dodge and crit shield (reduces attacker's CRIT).
VIT. Well, depends on server. On server with Ice Picks and Thanatos cards being rare, it's no-brainer, as much as you can spare. If you're on server with these being commonplace, it's worth considering, as high VIT and high DEF will quickly make you open to many one-shot kills.

cgrez331

Quote from: Sarin on Nov 20, 2015, 08:02 PM
Eh, it's been a long, long time. But my RO brain still works hopefully.

Soul Breaker...well, that's one odd thing that changes a lot depeding on max stats. From your description, it looks like stat points won't be a problem. I won't give you exact build, but I'll give you enough pointers to optimize it for your server.

Soul Breaker has two distinct parts, magical and physical. Although they're in the end applied as one ranged hit that is blocked by Pneuma and reduced by various anti-ranged modifiers, they're worth considering separately.
Physical part is derived from your raw ATK stat, without any % modifiers, although Incantation Samurai/Thanatos/Ice Pick can still apply (not 100% sure here, but I think it has to be held in right hand if using two weapons). It's also affected by element of your weapon (right hand if dual wielding). It can also miss, depending on your HIT and target's FLEE.
Magical part is affected by just your INT, skill level and some defensive modifiers on target's part. It is non-elemental (100% damage to any element including ghost, but is reduced by neutral-reducing things like Raydric card.

So, about stats:
STR. It affects your ATK, so it boosts physical part. If you're rationing the points for cost/benefit ratio, you're aiming for total STR being a multiple of 10. If you have stat points to throw around, just max it.
INT. Max it.
DEX. Max it, or if you're in a pinch with stats and have MvP cards available, just go for 150 total for instacast (since you're playing on server with increased max stats) and toss a Phreeoni card or two in your weapon.
AGI. Well...FLEE for defense, if you can get really high aftercast delay modifiers, it might be worth investing in to decrease animation length.
LUK. If you have points to spare, this is last (or second to last) stat to think of. ATK increase is neglible, but on high max stats, it's worth considering as defensive stat against ASPD chars,as it gives perfect dodge and crit shield (reduces attacker's CRIT).
VIT. Well, depends on server. On server with Ice Picks and Thanatos cards being rare, it's no-brainer, as much as you can spare. If you're on server with these being commonplace, it's worth considering, as high VIT and high DEF will quickly make you open to many one-shot kills.

Awesome thanks man. What about for equips? What would you recommend for PvM and an how will it different from an occasional PvP?

Sarin

Okay, I found time to finally reply.

Good thing about SBK is, you can use almost the same gear for PvM and PvP. You'll be switching shields, maybe headgear if you favor a Feather Beret (or some custom protective item) over offensive one, but little else. Without knowing specific server, I can't tell exact gear, but I'll give some pointers:

Since SBK takes element from right hand, it's advisable for PvM to have whole range of elemental swords. VVS elemental Haeddongums from a smith are good option, although for fire and water, there are Naght Sieger swords that are much better...if you can get them. For other elements...there's a few dark element weapons, Immaterial sword for ghost...but for holy, you have to use a katar...there's no one-hand weapon for Assassin that's holy and obtainable in regular game.
You also want to get Ice Pick-or Thanatos card. I'm not sure if they work in left hand...my memory's a bit rusty about that. And for left hand, you also want to keep a weapon purely for increasing damage. Elemental Sword with Zipper Bear cards work best I think, substitute for Haeddongum if Ele Sword isn't available.
For PvP, I think it's obvious that you'll be using converters to change your attack element, and switch in Valkyrie Shield with Thara Frog for taking damage.

Rest of the gear...well the best I can do is to give you priorities. Depending on server, the actual gear will change.
1. Cast Delay and protection (like Thara card or Feather Beret)
2. Cast Time (unless you have instant cast)
3. utilities, like Maya Purple card (if available)
4. STR
5. INT