[Non-Renewal] Sonic Blow Chaining

Started by NoiI, May 21, 2014, 02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoiI

Hello lovely RMS-Community!

I would like to have your comments on this after I left my 2 cents here. /lv

Everyone knows it, everyone loves it!
Back in the old times noone used 1frame sprites, we were proud Assassin Cross and tried to maximize our Sonic Blow Damage and then the all mighty double skill appeared /gg
Heres another heat discussion about it, but it might be dead -> http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=29945
I will post some quotes of this discussion I feel worth posting here  /no1
QuoteIt depends on your aspd if you want to chain. Usually, the lower the easier to chain.
QuoteThe key is reducing skill delay. You can consistently stack Sonic Blows in PVM by using either a link or strings.

so my server I am in is using Adelay -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=urBzf0Xtff0

and I had an e-mail conversation with one of its developer he said:
Quote...About Sonic Blow, the ASPD will be an important factor to double skills indeed. You generally need around 182~183 aspd to make it happen everytime.
However, SB also has an important part of after cast delay. Consequently, you might need bragi if you want to double skill....

About the rest, for me it occurs at 182 aspd + 100% acd reduction. However, I don't know how many ping you have on the server you're playing in but you may try to higher your ping to 150~ average.
The double-skills issue happens often when the server has a low bandwith &/or you have a high ping on it. As old servers & eathena wasnt optimized, in the past we often had those "client bugs". Nowadays all the servers have a proper bandwith!

Well I tried with high aspd and with low aspd.
It occured but not as frequently as I wish it would.  /sob

Triper

Bragi is not supposed to do anything at sb by default, it worked years ago but was an old bug with eathena releases where it would let you do double and triple sb but each server has their own setup so it may works in the place where you play.

Usually, the things that makes you do double SB is link and aspd.
Quote(...)halving the Cool Down for the skill's duration.
However, (...) no Cool Down bonus when in Siege Mode (WoE)

You also need to know when to chain the next SB, isn't not just a question of spam it.

NoiI

Our server has a cat pawn on the skills if they are on cooldown so if the developer of adelay said its aspd based skill I think running high aspd and normal after cast reductions are good only the animation would hinder me recasting it then.

But chaining I think someone said its about timing too that you have a time frame before sb where you could use it again well I know this moment on my inner eye haha but I cant explain how this looks like.

Astraeos

ASPD has nothing to do with it. It's delay used to be enforced client side, which is why using nodelay let you spam it because the client thinks the animation is over and lets you resume control of your character.

Since then, it's been hard coded to have a base delay if it hits. If you want to spam it in PvP the easiest way to SB dance the way you would BB dance.