[Non-Renewal] SinX against flee characters

Started by munchies1, May 15, 2013, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchies1

How do you deal with it, like my build is max str and a hybird between agi and vit. I don't know how much HIT I need. In WoE I can sorta manage cause there's reduction. But in PVP it's just totally useless.

I don't really wanna stop using glorious katar and switch to mummy carded weps...

also I do status people with quad plankton weps cause not everyone uses nightmare. I try to use seeker card sometimes to for stone cursing them, if I notice they don't use undead (cast firewall scrolls to see if they walk through or not)

I really hate missing when it should be a sure 1 hit KO.

Sarin

If there isn't orc hero readily available...throw stone will do nicely to stun them. Few will be immune to that.

Another possibility is to use magnum break via marine sphere card, then follow with meteor assault with status cards.

munchies1

I don't think anyone has orc hero card, maybe 1 person at most. And if someone uses dark bacillum I can tell they are running 1 vit 100% stun immunue build.

Stone throw is a good suggestion I'll use it more. Btw do I have to use magnum to meteor assault? because I don't have marine card. But what amount of HIT should I be looking to get really?

Zshinobi

You could always drop some AGI for DEX. The ASPD from AGI does help GT spam, but you should be fine without it, if you hardly use GT anyway.

Triper

Cursed Hands with Galion Card? Blind them?

munchies

I wont be dropping other stats for dex because there are lots of ways to increase HIT and it will just make my character weaker. I want to invest as few points necessary into dex and vit and maximize my DPS.

Quote from: Triper on May 15, 2013, 04:58 AM
Cursed Hands with Galion Card? Blind them?

This is a great suggestion. I think I'll do this if I get two cursed hands and +hit food from BG I'll total 50 right there.

Btw Triper, do you have a calculator for hit/flee? or just point me in the direction to figuring out a way to calculate dex/hit.

I use your "unofficial one" a lot but it has no pvp options on it.

Zshinobi

Huh. I thought your game plan was to simply EDP SB one shot your opponent, not DPS them down like you would with a WS or AD creo etc.

If you were planning to burst with SB I would have recommended the Marine Sphere card method. But yeah, use Triper's suggestion for sustained DPS.

munchies1

Quote from: Zshinobi on May 15, 2013, 06:17 AM
Huh. I thought your game plan was to simply EDP SB one shot your opponent, not DPS them down like you would with a WS or AD creo etc.

If you were planning to burst with SB I would have recommended the Marine Sphere card method. But yeah, use Triper's suggestion for sustained DPS.

But why not both though? If I walk around doing the same thing that's kind of fail. I like to mix it up, I don't get how marine sphere card works at all. It gives 20% or something, and some bonus accuracy? haha

Zshinobi

Not really, SinX PVP is basically

1) Set up
2) Sonic Blow
3) Sonic Blow again if not dead
4) Run away (Back Sliding is great in PVP)

Sure in BG/WOE, you will probably only be able to reliably kill someone in SW using GT, or Soul Destroyer with Bragi. Then again, SinXs aren't really a favored DPS class in more organized fights.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how you are going to achieve sustained DPS with a SinX. Auto attacks are kinda fail and Soul Destroyer DPS is decent only with Bragi support.

Triper

Quote from: munchies on May 15, 2013, 05:10 AM
Btw Triper, do you have a calculator for hit/flee? or just point me in the direction to figuring out a way to calculate dex/hit.

I use your "unofficial one" a lot but it has no pvp options on it.
I started to work on that seeing it was a big feature that many people wanted buuut I lost motivation to keep on doing it :c

Never advanced after this and a direct connection to the pvp part won't work here with the changes I made since there are some errors here and there that pop up. Maybe I will get into it in the summer, dunno seriously.

SukiChii

Stat luk.
I don't think you need dex with katars.

Kensei

Quote from: SukiChii on May 15, 2013, 01:57 PM
Stat luk.
I don't think you need dex with katars.

What..

Better learn about the game more before your people laugh at you about this. No joke and/or offense.

SukiChii

That's why I said "I don't think".
Means I'm not sure.
SinX are not my cup of tea :(

I do have a similar build to what OP posted, with a little bit of LUK.
But then again, the server my sinx is in does have custom weapons.

Crit bypasses flee. Maybe a combination of the two? /hmm

Fruit Pie~

Metagame. If they're built for high AGI and flee, there's three possibilities :

A) They're squishy and forgot that you're basically the only class that doesn't ignore or trivialize Flee. Get a buddy, change characters, lure someone onto them, ANYTHING.

B) They're not squishy because they went AGI/VIT, and are thus completely useless.

C) They're not squishy because they are Martyr's Reckoning Paladins, and are thus completely useless.

Also, TECHNICALLY a LUK build would give you flee-ignoring crits on auto-attack, but that generally implies LUK, crits and auto-attack, and you might as well roll a Novice or Whitesmith if you want to be that low tier.

Sarin

Crit bypasses flee, but only normal attacks and very few skills, none available to sinx, can crit. You need dedicated critical build to get decent DPS from it, and it comes at the cost of both survivability and versatility.

And about marine sphere. It enables use of magnum break skill, its interesting feature is that it add fire damage, ignoring flee, worth of 20% of your ATK on top of your every physical attack, both normal and skill, for next few seconds after using magnum break. Thus it's useful for avoiding flee for the purpose of status inflicting.

I've played a similar hybrid build for a long time, and if you learn some tricks about status inflicting, it becomes really versatile character. In duel, it's almost impossible to completely eliminate, and if you can't simply take them down with one SB, you have plenty of means to prepare your enemy for killing blow, and in team fights you can always find some way to help team.