Two-Hand Sword Build

Started by Agent287, Jan 23, 2008, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent287

Hiya! I'm back again. I got annoyed with failure connection thingy and it's probably becasue it's crowded. So, I move to the other free-to-play server. Anyway, what am I going to increase? And should I go with Knight or Crusader?

Here's my stats: (Correct me, if I'm wrong)

STR: 39 + 2
Agi : 9
Int: 1
Vit : 19 + 1
Dex 9 + 1
LUK: 1

phranxis

your build sucks :D

just be an agi knight much easier less confusing

Agent287

T_T I was insulted. I just started using the swordsman.

Anyway, What did I do wrong? And should I priorities the Agi?

phranxis

two hand sword build go for agi.

cus of the two hand quicken

Agent287

What about str , vit and dex?

pfja1st

you must have 90~100 str, 30~40 dex, maybe 30~40 vit with 190~195 aspd(which concerns your agi)
if you would go for two-hand sword mastery, you must only have level 1 sword mastery!
if you would go for a crusader... i must point out that crusaders are better off with 1-hand sword mastery!
i'm not really good in giving out a complete guide with stats, gears, and gameplay...
though you must already have an idea on what you would prefer...!?
(^_^)

Majora_younglink

Quote from: Agent287 on Jan 23, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hiya! I'm back again. I got annoyed with failure connection thingy and it's probably becasue it's crowded. So, I move to the other free-to-play server. Anyway, what am I going to increase? And should I go with Knight or Crusader?

Here's my stats: (Correct me, if I'm wrong)

STR: 39 + 2
Agi : 9
Int: 1
Vit : 19 + 1
Dex 9 + 1
LUK: 1

Yawn, rates, max stats, max lvls would help.

And two handed swordman are generally lord knights/knights due to paladins/crusaders being tank oriented thus having to use shields for extra defense, and that's not mentioning their shield skills.

phranxis

okay "monkey avatar guy"
heres the answer to your question:

if your gonna go with two hand sword, go for agi AND go for Knight

since your stat has vit, you have two choices:
1. reset
2 be a turtle(crusader)

Agent287

Quote from: phranxis on Jan 26, 2008, 06:37 AM
okay "monkey avatar guy"
heres the answer to your question:

if your gonna go with two hand sword, go for agi AND go for Knight

since your stat has vit, you have two choices:
1. reset
2 be a turtle(crusader)

Why? I thought SW jobs are specialize in VIT?
Posted on: January 27, 2008, 01:56:10 pm
Hello! My Knight's level is now 67. Can I ask where to level up and harvesting better at this level aside Orc Village?

dronb

Max your agi to the limit that ur atkspd can make =D and dex improves ur atkspd too but if u want u can use luk for crits and lessen time to be unfroze curse silence and other abnormal status you'll have. Crusaders don't have 2 hand quicken =D

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

So you went AGI after all?

It's a good choice for a Knight(Less for LK) but here are some pointers(All stats are with bonuses):
- Don't max AGI. Maxing stats is generally pointless in most builds, since the last 8 points over 91 are ridiculously expensive and you can get any other stat to 30 with them or something like that. If you want to be a pure AGIer, get 91 and then some gears(Brooch mostly).
- Many people don't realize this but: For AGI Knight, AGI is to increase attack speed, NOT to increase Flee. Only classes which can really rely on Flee as a main defense are 1. Thieves(Because of Increase Dodge) 2. STR/AGI Super Novices(Because of Increase Dodge) 3. Archers(Because they're broken and Improve Concentration). You HAVE to get some VIT. Purest of AGI Knights will have 20VIT. Going lower is seriously bad. 30 is probably optimal. 40 is of course better but where the hell are you taking these stat points from? 50 and more and you're not AGI Knight anymore.
- There's a radical move you can make with AGI Knight. Instead of getting 100STR(Which is a very popular number and rightly so), you can get as low as 70 but instead pump DEX some. DEX furthers increases Aspd and damage, plus your damage output will be more stable, not to mention it decreases skill cast time(BB).
- Use the calculator. Always. For everything. Before you make ANY character, before you even think of a name, use the calc.
- As for leveling, Bibilan 3 and 4 are pretty cool, water armor helps but you can do without it. Siromas also are nice and also Water, now that they drop cards they're also more valuable. And start collecting elemental Claymores if you don't have them yet(You can skip Earth). If there's no one selling them on your server, well, you're pretty much screwed and will have to hunt for cards.

Agent287

Thanks. I think I made some mistakes here. Anyway, here's my current stats.

(Level 67)

STR: 40 +6
AGI: 70 +1
VIT: 37 +8
DEX:24 +3

Well, you mention that Agi and Dex increases ASPD, so I might be A critical striker then but
Which is better. AGI and LUCK (Muramasa sword) or AGI , STR and VIT (Claymore sword)?

Man, I'm such an idiot noob.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Not using a calc, are you?
The point is, you need to know what job bonuses you will have at job level 50 so you can plan your stats accordingly. For example STR should be in multipliers of 10. Let's say you want to have 100STR. So you look at Knight job bonuses and see that at job level 50 he has +8 job bonus to STR. Therefore you should put 92 points in STR assuming you don't have any gears. But you could hunt for Mantis Cards, each is slotted in Accessory and gives +3STR. So if you have two, that's +6STR right there and your should get down to 86 base STR from the previous 92.
Other stats: AGI can be a random, though using a calculator you can balance it to break to next level of Aspd. VIT should be in multipliers of 5. INT should be in multipliers of 6 unless you're a caster, in which case it should be in multipliers of 35. DEX should be in multipliers of 5 and also affects(slightly) your Aspd so use calc to see where it reaches the next full number. Dex is also used to hit stuff, but unless you go PvP you won't ever really need more than 30 against monsters. LUK should be either 5 or 10 unless you go crit.

Here's your build quickly salvaged with Ragnasim:

STR 86(You need two Mantis Cards to get 100 but they're easy to get, NNN from Prontera)
AGI 82(81 wasn't giving full Aspd with Two-Hand quicken)
VIT 40
INT 6
DEX 39
LUK 1

That is all naked(Except for Mantises) and without buffs other than self-buffs.

QuoteMan, I'm such an idiot noob.

You shouldn't worry about it too much, all pre-trans characters are just a way to 99 either way. Trannies are where the real game plays, so worry about screwing your future LK more :P

Other useful links:

I posted the ragnasim calc earlier. Note that it's not perfect, some skill descriptions are vague/wrong(So double-check them if you have any doubts!) and it's based on iRO so some equips from newer episodes simply won't be there. But I still prefer it to Doddler's calc because it's much easier to use.
iRO Wiki, has info about all classes with suggested builds, also quests and pretty much everything, though the database here at RMS is better.
RO Empire Forums, a good build resource because iRO wiki doesn't have everything.
RMS(You're already here) - best english everything database, period. But as a database, it has it's limitations.

phranxis

no offence:

Whats with the VIT n' INT?
i think its been blown a little bit.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Well he has 37 VIT now. He can't get it down, so the only way is to get it up to 40 to get the HP regen bonus.

And INT? It's just 10 skill points to get it to 6 to get the SP regen bonus, so why not?