The woes of a Swordie

Started by SuperAwesomeChef, Feb 06, 2007, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperAwesomeChef

It's been a couple of years since I last played Ragnarok Online. I had a reasonably solid Paladin set up, with some nice equipment, on a lr server, unfortunately, that was nearly 2 years ago. I recently started playing on a new HR server this Friday past and I am completely out of the loop it would seem. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good Paladin and LordKnight builds for yours truly. Oh, FYI, I'm a level 140 Paladin currently along with a level 160 LordKnight on a 3000/3000/1000x server, so nothing is too outlandish really.

llxwarbirdxll

Whats the max level on that server?
And what kind of build do you want?
You should specify these kind of things.

SuperAwesomeChef

The max level is 255. Back when I originally played RO I had a Paladin and I was doing around 40K per hit with Sacrificial Ritual, which I believe is now called Martyr's Reckoning or something like that. I'd like to get my damage back up there, although it would appear Sacrificial Ritual has been severely nerfed since last I played. It's not even ranged anymore. Right now I'm open to any builds you'd consider suggesting. I have room to play around with, especially since the server I play on has a stat and skill reset.

Mann

http://wolfro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93

:p

If this is a high rate server, I'm assuming you can almost pull off every skill.  Go mixed. Triple Bloody Boned Pike[4], A high upgraded Stone Buckler[1], and around 4-5 different kinds of armor maybe. Whether it be Evil Druid, a status armor, Tao Gunka, and whatever else you need.

I'm not too sure what you mean by the damage being nerfed. As Martyr's Reckoning damage is ALWAYS neutral. So a raydric, deviling, and a Ghostring card will reduce that damage by a lot. Trying status'ing them first before hitting them, or force them to change what they are wearing.

And Marty's Reckoning can be somewhat ranged with spears. Attack range of 3.

ClothoX

lol, i agree with mann.  Go with a mixed build.  but generally on a high rate no matter what kind of build you decide to go with, pally are generally the hardest chars to get around and settle for 1 build throughout.  Maybe stalker is harder...

max vit, there is no question about that. 
max dex as well, if you can't max it, get high amounts of dex (or phree card -__-) Note* this also depend on your build.
max int, or close to be maxed
depending on your max stat, and max lvl on your server, you can consider getting 300 luk.  But if ur max lvl is 255, i guess leave it at 1.  Luk is either 1 or 300. XD
decent amount of str? i do not believe you will be relying all that much on shield chain, so str is really hard to say.  But still...
agi...i dunno...aspd?

SuperAwesomeChef

The large amount of level 255 characters with outrageous set ups camping the MvPs 24/7 make it nearly impossible for me to actually get a Phreeoni card without laying down 40 million zenny to some chump merchant. Also, it would appear that the max stat is not 99, so there's a lot of room to play around as well.

Mann

Quote from: SuperAwesomeChef on Feb 10, 2007, 09:41 PM
The large amount of level 255 characters with outrageous set ups camping the MvPs 24/7 make it nearly impossible for me to actually get a Phreeoni card without laying down 40 million zenny to some chump merchant. Also, it would appear that the max stat is not 99, so there's a lot of room to play around as well.

Do you really need a Phreeoni? Your better off just raising your DEX instead of waiting around for it to come around.

ClothoX

@SuperAwesomeChef

do not become reliant on mvp cards.  They are only an accessory after you get to a decent level and power, only then do you start looking for mvp cards. 

Of course, no one can enter a server and expect 10 mvp cards to be laid out for them -__-

PhillepinO

soo...  what's a good build for a pally?  :P

BaNiSHeDHeLL

First of all, it doesn't matter.

At some point everyone is going to have the same attack, hp, attack speed and hit+flee.yay.

I Am Eternal, Ruler of the Earth and Sky //

BaNiSHeDHeLL - Crusader
KiLLDaY - Wizard
BLooDBaTH - Hunter
MegaDeth - Knight