Rune Knight Build (Seeking Advice)

Started by Ruined_Angel, Mar 23, 2009, 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruined_Angel

Greetings All,

I'm currently playing in a 300/300/100 server.
Max Level is 260,
Max Stats is 255,
Max ASPD is 197.

Currently there is a new class 3-1 job, Rune Knight, patched.

I'm currently Level 216 in my server below are my build of my Rune Knight,

Str: 210 + 25
Agi: 157 + 25
Vit:    1 + 21
Int:    1 + 8
Dex: 150 + 12
Luk:    1 + 24

After using Berserk Potion + 2hd Quicken i'm having max ASPD of 197.
And i have more than enought skill point to max all my skills.

I'm seeking advice on how to improve my Rune Knight, which is how can i improve better in PvP.
I'm also seeking for some advice from all players, on what skill and how to duel well in PvP. (As i'm very new to PvP and Dueling.)
Thank you and i seek all of you for your kind understanding, for me being a noob :D

Thank you and Best Regards,
Ruined_Angel

Cielte

LimitRO right? Cause Essence has them disabled. And in PvP? Oh wow, I knew the server was corrupted, but no mending it now. P.S: Noone'll know much.

Ruined_Angel

Hi Raine,

Yup I'm currently playing in LimitRO. Just a place for me to relax after a hard day. So any advice on the build? I'm currently planning to go for a 2hd Rune Knight.

Regards,
Ruine_Angel  ;)

A92FL0163

Considering you're not planning to use the Crush Rune Skill, I believe you should use a normal PvP Weapon, if you are planning to use crush, get a Golem'd weapon to, repairing is a pain. Considering the server has all working skills, get  Rune of Giant Growth for leveling and some Emperium Breaking, for PvP, get Millenium Shield for damage reducement, and keep using any offensive rune skill.

Ruined_Angel

Greetings Parameters,

Thanks for your advice.  ;D

I'm currently planning going for a 2hd Rune Knight, therefore using a shield might be a problem for me.
The server doesn't have full Rune Knight skill, at the moment. (they have most Rune Knight skill but not the Rune skill.)

I am wondering, what kind of armor and what kind of weapon will be recommend and what kind of card should i go for.

Ruined_Angel :D

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

This is broken on so many levels.

Cielte

CookieEater

Let's see. A Class that is balanced around the Renewal system, not to mention that it is one of the only four available 3rd Jobs, is being used on a 'lolh4x' type of server? Very, very broken indeed.

Quote from: Ruined_Angel on Mar 23, 2009, 07:39 AM
I'm currently planning going for a 2hd Rune Knight, therefore using a shield might be a problem for me.
...Millenium Shield is a skill, not a piece of equipment.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Ruined_Angel

I see, thanks on explaining on the Millenium Shield. Learned something  ;D

Hmm..so is there a problem on using a 2hd sword on a Rune Knight? or am i missing something, because i don't get what you guys a talking about. Sorry on my noob.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2009, 02:06 am
So is there any Combo, Build, type of armor, type of card used for a RK?

Which choice will be better for a RK?

Is a 1hd Spear + Shield RK better?
Is a 2hd Spear RK better?
Is a 2hd Sword RK better?

(I was just wondering and hope to gather all information on Rune Knight here, Thanks.)

Its a way to learn and also a way to share, for those interested on playing a Rune knight.

Ruined_Angel

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Fine, I'll play along.

First, you need an unbreakable weapon. For two handed swords, that means Zweihander, though you might as well pick up a basic, cheapest club from an NPC for lulz. As you will shortly learn though, ASPD won't really matter all that much. Neither will your weapon's atk.

Get your STR to 245. With +25STR job bonus and +30STR bonus from Thurisaz rune, you'll have 300STR. That's 1200 damage from your STR alone with a basic attack.
Activate Frenzy. That's 2400 damage from STR alone.
Oh, did I mention that Thurisaz rune has a chance for triple damage and it triggers quite often? So that's 7200 damage every now and then.

All that with nothing but left mouse button.

By the way, if you can secure two Megingjards, you can get your STR up to 400.

To grief other players even more:
Deathbound = anyone attacking you in melee will kill himself.
Raido rune = GFist.
Berkana rune = makes you completely immune to the next 2-4 attacks.
Uruz rune = infinite skill spamming.

Ruined_Angel

Hi Anti-Static Foam Cleaner,

Thanks for all the input. Its a cool Guide. I've learned something from you  :D

Is there any other style of playing, which anyone know of? As Anti-Static Foam Cleaner does make a good way of fighting as a Rune Knight.

Best Regards,
Ruined_Angel

A92FL0163

You can also go around with a more supportive side of character, using Uruz,  Othila, Hagalaz and Berkana while positioning people and allies around battle with phantom trust and dragon howling. Deathbound should be a must since you will be tagged as the most dangerous target in a battle. More being inclined to a supportive role, you will be interrupting casts with a Status Spear, Attracting Targets such as Assassins and Whitesmiths, taking allies out of danger and whenever possible activating Othila, along with eliminating some low HP targets Hundred Spears and targets from afar with Sonic Wave.

If the situation of the party is too bad, you will need to carry around Wyrd and Nauthiz runes, since those will be like a "OH s***" Button, pull all targets away, heal and free, remanage the party position, continue fighting. Dragon Breath before using Wyrd rune, leaving burning status on people, Wyrd Rune, then use Dragon Howl to keep people burning and wandering around for a little more time.

1h Spear with Status Inflicting and a good shield would be required for this build.

No, this is not a godly or s*** build, is just a way I thought that would be fun to use Phantom Trust along with the other old skills.

Hrist

Phantom Thrust --> Hundred Spear/Bowling Bash ---> Bowling Bash --->Bowling Bash --->Phantom Thrust

7k attack is no joke. BB Hits twice and thus causes absolute rape. Considering that 3k attack means you'll hit 24k x2 with BB, then I can only look at the possibilities. I haven't tried playing the servers with 3rd classes so yeah.

(What? I'm playing along too. >_>; )

Sarin

24k is no big deal on server with max level 260 where people are likely to have hundreds of thousands HP. I'd suggest making best use of your aspd, using normal attack to cripple enemy then finishing off with big hitters like BB, sonic wave or ignition break. Bashspam can be also useful if people fear AD/Ice Pick so much to have no vit like you...

Speaking of 3-1 servers, any around with all 6 in? (or at least Guillotine Cross)?

Cielte

Quote from: Sarin on Mar 24, 2009, 12:56 PM
24k is no big deal on server with max level 260 where people are likely to have hundreds of thousands HP. I'd suggest making best use of your aspd, using normal attack to cripple enemy then finishing off with big hitters like BB, sonic wave or ignition break. Bashspam can be also useful if people fear AD/Ice Pick so much to have no vit like you...

Speaking of 3-1 servers, any around with all 6 in? (or at least Guillotine Cross)?

I don't think so. If any server'll get them it's the "all mighty" EssenceRO.
[Do note the quotation marks.]