Question about Spiral Pierce Damage

Started by jizmo, Dec 22, 2015, 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jizmo

I previously made a post with questions regarding the Spiral Pierce skill, but this one is a little different. As mentioned on my previous post, I'm playing a low rate server with no resets. I'm just still contemplating whether or not I should go with a Spiral or BB LK. With that in mind, here is my question:

Damage seen on this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7H8CzsW0C4

One of the comments says: "Bro, Clashing Spiral was that strong in 2011 but not anymore. If u play on classic servers (pservers) LK won't do this dmg even if you use cardo or Hunting spear cuz they will have the nerfed version of it. CS sucks...."

Now, seeming as though I'm playing on a server that has only up to episode 11.3 (Implemented in 2007) does that mean Spiral Pierce will have the same damage as shown in this video? Or will it carry over the new damage formula the person mentioned in his comment?

With all of this said, please let me know your opinions. I would love to be a strong Spiral Pierce LK but I want to prioritize PVP/WoE/High-End MVP partying. Is a spiral pierce LK too selfish as the only thing I'm good for is Spiral Pierce? I do not mind being in a tank BB build as I have done it previously and love it also. I just kind of feel like being in a Spiral build but do not want to do it if it is less usefull in WoE/High-End MVPing than a tank BB LK.

The only reason I'm asking this is because I'm new to low rates with no resets so I REALLY don't want to mess up my build because there is no turning back. Right now, I'm leaning towards tank BB LK as I personally believe it will be more useful in WoE/High-End MVPing but if my Spiral Pierce LK can have the damage shown in the video above there's no way I'm going BB haha

Any and all help will be much appreciated. Any pro Lord Knights please let me know which builds you preferred in low rates and why? I would love to hear what others think on this subject.

gooshgoosh

I doubt there's a 99/99 server with the old Spiral around... Without it LKs are pretty much relegated to PvM. Depending on the WoE, you might be able to kill squishies but there's little use outside of that. In trans even BB is pretty mediocre, I've seen a single GC pally be more effective than one or two LKs could ever be. Slotted Executioner is pretty much the best weapon for BB as far as I recall, although that's kind of a pain to make. Anyways, this isn't really the place to ask about server specific things :/

ggwp

2011 was early renewal version.

I dont think your server will hit 3rd job/renewal version.

Spiral LK dependant on song slave to do well while BB LK doesnt need song slave. On PvP/WoE Spiral LK cant handle a Prof dispel , spiral range too short. On high end MvP it cost too much and you cant compete with other MvP specialized job.

Either BB or choose another job.

Playtester

I'm not aware that spiral pierce was actually nerfed except for private server bugs that have been corrected?

For level 5, just take 80% of weight and then multiply it with 3.5x.

Cardo has 560 weight, that would result in 1568 damage per hit at 1 STR.

80 STR - 1632
90 STR - 1649
100 STR - 1668
110 STR - 1689
120 STR - 1712
130 STR - 1737

Multiply this by 5 for total damage.
On small monsters you deal 125% of the resulting damage. On large monsters you deal 75% of the resulting damage.

As STR has only a small effect on Spiral Pierce is actually a viable skill for low STR builds.

A lot of what build is viable for a server depends a lot on the server setup. Like if the server has gutterlines activated, you might want to get SP over BB just because you don't want to bother with the gutter line. Combining Pierce and Spiral Pierce is quite nice for PVM because Pierce is good against large monsters whereas Spiral Pierce is good against small monsters.

And when comparing to Grand Cross Paladin... well official Grand Cross only deals 3-4 hits per cell, but many servers make it so that all monsters take 3 hits.

jizmo

Ok, I'm pretty sure now we wouldn't have the damage seen in the video. What I was trying to ask was if I'd be better off going tank SVD knight, I should have said that rather than 'BB LK'. Coz as SVD I can do a bit more than BB but it would just be my main damaging skill for pvp/woe. For High-End MVPing I was wondering what would be better for overall 'usefulness'. I'm judging by the replies that I'd be better off being able to tank bosses with things like parry and devo than I would as a Spiral Pierce LK. I'm happy just being a massive meat shield with 'ok' damage. I can still do enough to mess with squishy classes and ungeared players so it's alright for me haha. So at this point I'm going to do tank SVD LK unless someone else has some other good options for me?

I'd be happy to see what other LK's have done in the past with their builds? Doesn't need to be a killer build, I'm looking for overall usefulness in groups while still being an LK and NOT a pally. Thanks guys!

Zereges

I use to play mobbing LK. If you have enough zeny (effort) for gear, you can pretty much survive anything for necessary time. See ours ET video for example.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange