In need of a build for a pre-trans PVP/WOE Knight

Started by ilqsilqs, Apr 11, 2014, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilqsilqs

I usually play in trans 99/70 high rate servers where you directly go to PVP/WOE

My friends started to play this low-rate pre-trans server and I wanted to give it a go.

Can anyone give me advice on how to build a pre-trans PVP/WOE knight. (Read a bunch of forums saying how OP knights were pre-trans hehe)
Kinda new to this hunting/leveling/questing atmosphere.

Server is stuck at ep. 9.

Any help would be appreciated!

PS: Advice regarding these kinds of servers would be a plus too (E.G. What quests would profit me in this situation, loots that I shoudn't sell to NPC's etc.)

Zleepy

It depends on how organized/good your players are. For lower players in woe stack hard mdef high heels, silk robe, drooping kitty, mirror shield etc etc. Use a Saber[3] and try to while hard avoid killing the enemy bard for their sinx song for as long as possible. If there's champs be sure to have a Pecopeco carded armor and Matyr and you will high likely live thier asura unless you are lexed. Oh and be sure to get dual safety rings with all +6s or 7s you should be rocking 40~45hard def with a mdef set if you decide to use a def set probably 55+ hard def but no mdef. You want pretty high vit around 88~92 will probably be enough to outlive asura and not be mass stunned in pre-trans, also get some good str maybe 110~120. Be sure to get a Dark Frame card as in a true pre-trans server this a 20% stone rate and there's only like 10 ED's that spawn at this stage of ro and at lower rates that card is a pain in the donkey to get. Lastly get some good healthy dex about 60~70 in total to make BB efficent with a 1H and be sure to a sleep spear since it will force your targets to wear a hat instead of a poo poo or drooping assuming of course you dont have slotted sunnies there.

ilqsilqs

So a 3-slot sabre is better than a 4-slot pike? And Safety Rings are the best accessories for WoE?

What if I want to do more damage or is that not a knight's role in Woe?

How about in PVP? Would it be any different?

Is "The Sign" quest available pre-trans? (Episode 9)

Zleepy

Sign quest should be there if I recall. It's more that each little % of defence helps a ton in woe when every single potion is precious and cant be wasted, so unless there's a monk you aren't going to be dying but you can of course change to mantis rings if you want more dps. From my tests a 3 slotted saber @ +7 has much more dps than a 4 slotted Pike and if you truely want power you can go hardcore for an Executioner which pierces defence and has a large increase in DPS dealt, and provided the server has a lower card rate it's unlikely your target will be Undead elemental.

The extra defence will also make quite a difference if you're into non potion pvp as well.

By the way assuming the drops are the same as 8.2 which I'm not sure Gonryun Dungeon 1 is pretty good you can get Mastelas, Honies, Royal Jellies all at a very high rate.

ggwp

ilqsilqs

Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate it!

So, I'll go with one of ggwp's builds then.
If then, would the sign still be of value considering how long it takes to get it? Or?

And how can I get my hands on an executioner btw?

Zleepy

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Doomed_Swords_and_Comodo_Cheese_Quest

Sign takes a super long time and needs other players or multi client.

ilqsilqs

@Zleepy: I'm confused with the swords quest. At number 23, it says that giving him the items are optional? If my understanding is correct, if I give him the items the sword I will get won't be random and instead the one I gave him the items for?

Zleepy

I haven't done that quest in a few years but I believe the npc is just telling what will be required to make the sword.