Clashing Spiral

Started by SilverStream~, Aug 19, 2009, 07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarin

Hmmm...reminds me of fate of my Shieldchain experimental Paladin. On a server with 13.1 items available, I made a pala focused on SC, with pretty much everything focused toward it...Sprint set+extra sprit ring for cast time and delay, managed to get 130 str with bless with it...and in the end, it was kind of fail. PvM damage was great-even tho it is neutral, I managed to get up to 12k chain on monsters if I had proper weapon. PvM wise, it was great addition to any party, because I could also devo and tank.

WoE, it was totally different. I could hardly do any good damage, even tho there no GR/devilings. Hitlock was possible with Bragi, but hard to actually do anything to target before priest came and threw pneuma there. I could devo, but had to compromise vit and hp modifers a bit, so I ended with about 19k hitpoints, not good for devo build. Melee wasn't working well either, I could use statuses but aspd was too slow to be reliable status dealer. In the end, it could do nothing well enough.

The build in the video is specialized in tanking and hitlock. At WoE, the spiral damage will hardly reach 2k, even with bragi that is outpottable. Single purpose, more a support char. You said you want damage dealer? I don't think that is the way to go.

SilverStream~

Nono, pvm damage dealer.

For Woe I run around messing up precasts and causing chaos, which is what a LK is supposed to do in woe.  Caus havok and kill people while doing it.

Besides there is very much range reduction in woe, and alligator cards, horn card, other things that reduce spiral damage.  But it's still possible to do damage with it, and I also get pierce which is good, but that means stat points need to be allocated differently.

It's mainly for pvm, and in woe I'll still do damage.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sarin

I have tested Spiral for PvM, not so bad actually...with good weapon (I had +6 Carled) and good enough cast time mods, it is possible to level off Manuk mobs-they give good exp, decent equip (not for LK, but for others)...downside is that, they hit from time to time and that hurts...that is why melee chars can't really level there. And for spiral leveling, you need a lot of sp stuff....

But anyway, that is just my experience with Spiral and episode 13, ignore if you play a server that does not have it yet....tho it might be applicable on ice titans, they're also slow...

fluidin

Pierce is (can be) better DPS :D
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Sarin

pierce does not have so big range...at Manuk, you will definitely feel the difference :D

SilverStream~

Spiral is awesome in high level dungeons, with high enough def, and a % carded hunting spear you do max damage right off the bat and can level fast most places.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________