Our RMS has been hijacked...

Started by Perfect Chaos Zero, Oct 06, 2007, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perfect Chaos Zero

Well, I tried e-mailing an admin about this last night to prevent this from happening, but he wasn't sure about helping me, cause I didn't own the mail address that our server was regged on. The guy who regged us and owns that e-mail on RMS has vandalized our listing, taken it down and now we don't have jack  =D! Seriously guys, NOW can I get the server listing transfered to my own e-mail? I'm sure you're not just going to let someone abuse your system and vandalize people's listings because they decided to register the place before we did? Please guys, can I get a little assistance here? We're being attacked and vandalized, surely you guys can do something.
The feelings of my companions are etched into my body, their words are burned into my mind.
I will change this eternal darkness into light!
Heaven and Earth!
One body! One soul!
Now I'll show you, the true strength of our courage!

Emeralda

And about which server are you talking that got 'hijacked'?

yC

I answered that we can only transfer account ownership when both sides agreed.  It would not be fair to the account owner if we transferred it without his/her permission.

Edit: If you are the server owner and would not want your server be listed without your permission, we will ask you to show that you are in charge of the website linked in the listing to prove ownership and have the listing removed.

If the listing weren't supported by the server authorities, it wouldn't have 40+ reviews.  It is best you deal with the account owner or have the account owner email us that he wishes to transfer his account to you.

Perfect Chaos Zero

Well, that's a real shame. I am the owner (my name is at the bottom of the page at the website, http://epiphany.networkchaos.net ) of Epiphany RO. But if you guys really can't help me, well, I admit I'd be a bit disappointed, but hey, we're all adults here right? I guess I'll just have to relist the server on a new account and start fresh. If that's what I gotta do, hey, I got the courage to see it through. Thanks for at least replying to me and being patient enough to give me a full response.

Edit: Actually, it looks like me and this former GM may be able to come to terms after all!  Thanks for all your consideration though guys.
The feelings of my companions are etched into my body, their words are burned into my mind.
Heaven and Earth!
One body! One soul!

yC

Thank you for your understanding, just have the former GM email me using his account email with the request to transfer the account to <your email>.

Perfect Chaos Zero

Well, we ended up having to make our own RMS, as we didn't work it out after all. Now, they've been reactivating the old acc in an attempt, probably, to confuse our users and/or perhaps try to get us banned from RMS. Please be informed that showing the other two Epiphany ROs, which do not include the dash -  symbol in the name, are not the doing of the real Epiphany RO, but vandals with access to the old account =(  They have not changed the password and thus, I've been able to turn it off for now, but I feel it best to inform you, especially if they change the pass to the old account. (they have control over the e-mail acc it was originally regged under, so there's no way I could change it myself)

On a side note:
If the 40 or so reviews from before on the old account was your reason for doubt concerning my previous issue, surely my 32 reviews on the new account I started that is under my rightful control, counts for something as well.
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=2957&url_sname=Epiphany-RO

I am the true owner of this server, surely you can't doubt that anymore. There must be something you guys can do to help me out here. Maybe some way to prevent this issue in the future? Would you perhaps like to visit our forums and ask our users who's the true server owner? Or about what's been going on? Go ahead, we're right over here:
http://epiphany.networkchaos.net/Forums/

We're tired of this old RMS acc being dangled over our heads and being used to terrorize my server. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you guys can offer us. Not interested in regaining full control over the old one, we just want to be left alone, ya' know? Thank you very much for your time and patience concerning this on-going issue.
Heaven and Earth!
One body! One soul!

yC