Server Ratings

Started by canadiancow, Jun 21, 2007, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadiancow

I'm the server admin for EuphRO, and I was just looking over our ratings, and there are quite a few 10/100 with comments such as "CORRUPT GMS USE DONATION MONEY FOR DRUGS", etc.  This is untrue, and I was wondering if they could be removed.

If you want to look at it another way, assume we did use donation money for drugs (we don't).  What part of the rating should it affect?  Presumable the "Game Masters" section, but even there, "Friendliness", "Availability", "Helpfulness"...?

We're getting 1's just because someone has a grudge against EuphRO.

So back to my request, could these ones (the 10/100, and I think there's one 18/100 as well) be removed?

Thanks

yC

From my point of view, pointing at all the 10/100 saying they are untrue is not a valid reason to remove reviews.  Because, in the same way, the 100/100 are untrue as well under the same reasoning and we are not going to remove the 100/100. 

What I mean is, when someone gave a score of 90-100/100 does that mean a server have GM online 100% of the time, they are friendly 100% of the time, Event everyday, Economy all balanced etc etc?  No I do not believe so.

As I always say, you should accept both good and bad since you can't expect everyone play on your server likes it.  Reviews will be removed if the content is offensive, spam from the same person, or if the comment does not explain the score.  Or if the owner can identify that the user is a trouble maker on the server by providing the IP of the user.

I just had a quick look at the reviews, most of them are around the euphorian / drug stuff... rumors? I might do something about them afterward but don't expect too much.

canadiancow

I've replied to all the reviews that I think are ridiculous, using the server's physical location or the alleged drug use as justification for the low ratings.  My problem is that the majority of the low ratings all say something like "the GM's are corrupt and use donation money for drugs", which is libel.  If someone doesn't like us, and they give us 20/100 and can explain why, I don't have a problem with that.  However, comments like that one only started appearing after we began climbing the list, which seems a little suspicious to me.

I've told our members many times that I want them to review us honestly.  I don't care if it's a good review, as long as it's honest.  I'd gladly give up the 100/100 if it meant the 10/100 went with them.

yC

I did what I can, removed a few that seems to write their review based on rumors.