Request for ownership of inactive server "AeonRO"

Started by Laggy, May 01, 2007, 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laggy

Hiya,

The server AeonRO (which I currently administrate) was made and listed on ratemyserver.net by our first admin, Lamborghini, a while back. Since then, however, he has since gone inactive and dropped off the bowels of the internet. Additionally, during this time we shifted our web site from http://www.aeonro.com/ to http://www.aeonro.org/ - I believe as a result the staff here thought the server had imploded and thus delisted us.

I am posting to request, if possible, to take over ownership of the current server listing (located at http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=109&url_sname=AeonRO) as some of our players have requested a want to post their reviews and I would hate to lose all of the current comments that have already been listed for our server. I'm not sure how the procedere for this would work or even if it's possible, but that's why I'm here to ask. If it is necessary to re-create the entire server listing, I would also like to request whether the old reviews can be moved over.

Thanks in advance.

yC

TO transfer ownership, due to security reason we need to have the current account owner (Lamborghini in this case) use the email registered with the account to send a request to admin [at] ratemyserver.net stating the new owner's email address.

Please understand that without any information from the current owner it is difficult to validate the relationship here.

If you do not have any contact with the current account owner, it is better that you register an account for a new listing.

Or if you wish, I could try send an email to the account owner to validate the situation.  But the process time will depend on if he/she is going to reply or not.  Let me know if you wish this to be done.

Laggy

Like I said, it's more or less impossible with his dropping off the face of the earth (and in this case I've tried even using the typical email/pword he used for most places, to no avail...) and unfortunately, aside from website and forum information I lack anything concrete, though I understand the security reason.

If you want to send the email and wait for his reply (or lack thereof to show that he really isn't around), then by all means, I'm willing to go with that. Hell, if for some miraculous reason he's actually still checking his emails and replies that'll be all the better too.

In the meanwhile, though, it just occurred to me that ownership, while convenient, wouldn't even be necessary. All I really need is to have the server taken off from delisting - the new site URL is the main thing that needs to be changed, since I presume the currently non-working one is the reason as to why the server got taken off in the first place. Is this possible for the time being?

yC

none of us is the account owner, i cannot change the account's info...

i am going to try send an email to see if he care anymore.

Laggy

Thanks. I appreciate it muchly.
Posted on: May 03, 2007, 04:32:41 PM
Hi,

Just checking to see what's the status of this at the moment?

yC

no reply -_- ...

Guess you will have to start your own afterall.

Laggy

finally got in touch with our server host, got the account info from him.

This has been resolved. Thanks.