Login Errors

Started by Mewi, Dec 26, 2007, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewi

I am not sure what causes this but whenever I login to this site I have to login 3 total times before getting a successful login.

Login Attempt #1:  "Password is Incorrect"  ( Done by using mini login below banner ) and password IS correct.

Login Attempt #2:  With SAME save information...  ( Sometimes logins... but other times I am redirected to a login error page.

Login Attempt #3:  ( Still using same exact save information ) 100% chance to login...

Browser:  FireFox
Info:  My browser is set up to delete any cookies, save form, cache, and search history when closing.  This helps prevent any tracking cookies from sticking on my web browser.

If the way my browser is setup conflicts with RMS please inform me... however I do not have this problem with other simple machine forums.   It does not really bother me, but it may be of interest to those who run this site ;p

yC

i assume you talking about the forum only? not the site right? 

Mewi

Quote from: yC on Dec 27, 2007, 02:27 AM
i assume you talking about the forum only? not the site right? 

Yup correcto ^.^

Rbread

Mewi

Quote from: Riotblade on Dec 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
Clear your cookies

My cookies are always clear lol.  My previous post stated that whenever I close my browser my cookies as long as most of everything else is deleted.

Zone

Change your settings to keep your cookies, if you need spyware protection visit [Here]
Firefox automatically saves passwords, use that, it is good so that it can verify without your typos and such.
If problems still persist, re-download firefox [Here]
ONLY CLEAR DATA MANUALLY.
This will prevent the issues you are having, that is why I suggested Ad-Aware.
The only other reason you should be account related.
Lets just hope this is not the case.
I hope I helped, if not, at least I tried.

Mewi

Quote from: Zone on Dec 29, 2007, 05:34 AM
Change your settings to keep your cookies, if you need spyware protection visit [Here]
Firefox automatically saves passwords, use that, it is good so that it can verify without your typos and such.
If problems still persist, re-download firefox [Here]
ONLY CLEAR DATA MANUALLY.
This will prevent the issues you are having, that is why I suggested Ad-Aware.
The only other reason you should be account related.
Lets just hope this is not the case.
I hope I helped, if not, at least I tried.

I have no spyware, adware, viruses, trojans or anything of the sort on my system... and if I did,  I'd know about it before any anti-malware program ;p

I have my browser settings to prevent tracking cookies and cookies I do not want on my system...  The problem is not relating to spyware/adware, that I know for a fact.  I do know it may be relating to firefox software vs rms site but thats about it.

Zone

Okay then, that isn't what I am posting for, so I will ignore the part about knowing if you have a virus or spyware, if that were the case then your protection sucks.

Back to the subject.
Firefox just put out an updated version, try downloading and installing it.

Mewi

Quote from: Zone on Dec 30, 2007, 10:12 PM
Okay then, that isn't what I am posting for, so I will ignore the part about knowing if you have a virus or spyware, if that were the case then your protection sucks.

Back to the subject.
Firefox just put out an updated version, try downloading and installing it.

I do not have any protection software,  I am my own protection software x3  Its not my firefox version either ;p   The reason why I know before any protection knows is because I am the one behind the computer knowing what I am installing...

Zone

Someone can code a packet to send you a virus and you wouldn't know it.
Also, someone who makes the patch files or client files COULD put a virus in the files and you would not know it.
Trust me, you can get a virus from more than just downloading things.

Mewi

Quote from: Zone on Dec 31, 2007, 08:07 PM
Someone can code a packet to send you a virus and you wouldn't know it.
Also, someone who makes the patch files or client files COULD put a virus in the files and you would not know it.
Trust me, you can get a virus from more than just downloading things.

I am aware of how I can get viruses >.> and yes I'd know it if I got one.

Zone

Obviously you wouldn't =.= if you have made viruses or even worked with security systems you would know would not know if someone was sending you a virus.
3 years ago I was using limewire and I didn't even download anything, 63,000 intrusion attempts were made on my computer using the Ultor's Trojan Horse.
Just yesterday, 1 person used some new Trojan to try getting through my firewall, 192 times in 3 minutes.
A download I got from some server last december, before I joined Anima, I got a mad worm, it disabled my 3 firewalls, 2 anti-virus systems, task manager, etc. Those are just a few things that are examples of how you DO NOT know when you have a virus.

Back to the main topic...is there any change in the scenario you are having with the browser and RMS?

Mewi

I tested the strange error it seems to be related with save form data.  Lets say I save my account/password in a manager and try to login, it says "incorrect password"  This happens for me with both IE7 and FireFox

Zone

Strange, well, I guess I am no help here, so I will leave you be.