Is this allowed? Creation of multiple accounts to sabotage server ratings.

Started by Epic, Jun 11, 2007, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epic

I cant seem to find a policy page. Can someone point me in the right direction? I got 3 comments with the same complaints and ratings, likely to be from the same person who had a disliking for one of my GMs.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=1530&url_sname=
(Kochou, Cebalrai, Elmdor)

Is anything likely to be done?

yC

When they sign up for an user account there is an agreement stating the Terms of Services of having an account with us.

According the our record 2 of them 3 are likely to be the same person and thus we handled the situation.

The third person seems to be on its own.

Ophiuchus

I can vouch for Elmdor and Kochou.  They aren't the same person.  Ever think that just maybe two people could be using the same IP from the same home?  Possibly through a router?  Way to actually check into the matter first.

Caprion

It's also entirely possible that one person can access multiple IP addresses.  It seems fair to allow only one vote per IP.

yC

same ip .. rated the same set of servers with similar scores on the same date ... i'll rather believe that is the same person ... to be on the safe side.

Elmdor

So, by a single word from an Admin, you'll just up and ban multiple accounts? GM Epic and the other GMs from Zenro know that Kochou and I are separate people. We were both ingame, on the same IP, and active at the same time. So what is it you need from me to prove that both accounts weren't mine? Social security numbers, pictures, blood? Sorry, I come off harshly, but honestly, this is ridiculous.

Ophiuchus

Quote from: Caprion on Jun 13, 2007, 12:08 PM
It's also entirely possible that one person can access multiple IP addresses.  It seems fair to allow only one vote per IP.

I think the general rule is one vote per person, and last I checked, IP != one person exclusively.

Caprion

That's correct, but there's no way to verify that other than to use IPs.  Most people won't have access to more than one IP to cheat the system, and those will balance out the few people who actually share IPs with others.

Ophiuchus

I see what you're saying, and yeah, it's true.  But in cases where it's disputed whether or not more than one person are sharing the same IP, it could be investigated a bit more.

Elmdor

For the record, I didn't even know any of the GMs. So I couldn't have a problem with them. My review was based on what I saw and experienced while I played there. An honest review. The people who talk and sit with the GMs are the ones who dominate the pvp/woe scene and have the donation headgear. I haven't seen any of the non-favorites with donation/event headgear.

Ophiuchus

I second what Elmdor says.  And the favorites love to harass you all day long just because your guild is in uniform.

finnith

I think yC's right. It is impossible to verify if you two are different people, so IP address's are the only way.
S>Rock lol

Play on the Excalibur Network servers.

http://www.excalibur-ro.com/

Epic

I'm the Admin of ZenRO, but I'm also your average player. I do befriend a lot of the veteran players, that's not a crime is it? They do vote everyday and they're helpful toward the other players. But contrary to your assumption, no, I've never given out a single item for free, unless it was for donations, event reward, or some type of compensation. No other person on the server can give out items either, not even the GMs. They're all restricted from trading, vending, and dropping. You have no idea how many comments(refering to the 3 new comments you just posted) like "... getting everything easily became boring very quickly and ruined the fun of the game..." come up on a daily basis. It's a high rate and that's the way some players prefer it, if you dont like it, then move on to another server that better fits your needs. The server does not adjust to you, you have adjust to the server. No way am I going to make unnecessary changes to please the minority of the server.

Ok, let me once again clarify this. Technically, there are no donation items. People donate to obtain items that are available ingame AND are obtainable by any hardworking player. It's necessary to upkeep the server, unless you want to pay for the hosting. Oh, and I wouldnt consider these players "favorites". Seriously, if you talked to me and hang out with me, I'd treat you the same way. Like I said, a lot of these players are veterans, it's no surprise that they have what they have. You guys(whole guild), from what I've read, are from low rates right? You should know that high rate and low rate are completely different when it comes to pvp/woe. It's a whole new terrain. There's no reason for you to assume that just because someone's good, they must have a GM behind them. It's childish. And the whole "harassment" thing; I really cant do anything about. They're probably just messing around, like they always do. All in good fun, just dont take it to heart.

Oh, and yC, can you check the 3 comments that just came in? It's the same stuff.
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=1530&url_sname=ZenRO&page_num=1

Ophiuchus

Interesting then, how my High Wizard was unable to damage this one particular guild during WoE with ANY skill.  And I know it's not GTB because correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only SIXTY PERCENT resistance?  Even with high magic defense, they should still incur SOME damage.  And it's really curious how when hit with Storm Gust, they don't flinch at all.  Last I checked, you could only avoid the flinching if GTB was total immunity.  It's the same with Lord of Vermilion.  If there's something else that could totally nullify my spells, please, let me know so that I'm not carrying this suspicion around any longer than I already have.

Epic

You do flinch, but only at half the normal rate. There's nothing else that gives complete immunity to magic. Dont forget that endure keeps the player from flinching. Anodyne/Aloevera lasts 3 min each on ZenRO, so it's no surprise. The only way to really tell is to test your damage in pvp.