[BUG] DB - Monsters in specific areas in map

Started by Zereges, May 29, 2016, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zereges

I was doing some research, and noticed a bug in visualizing area of monsters with local spawn. I suppose RMS parses (e/r)athena format of permanent monster spawns. For instance, this defines permanent monster spawn for 7x Sandman, with 60s respawn timer in area 130,225 +- 46,59:
ve_fild05,130,225,46,59   monster   Sandman   1165,7,60000,0,0

RMS visualizing mechanism supposes, it's a rectangle, with center in 130,225, width 46 and height 59, thus rendering a rectangle (130-46/2, 225-59/2) - (130+46/2, 225+59/2). However, the second pair of coordinates does not define width and height, but rather span of that rectangle, so it should render (130-46, 225-59) - (130+46, 225+59).

One can probably find proof in (e/r)athena source code, I claim that from my personal experience (e.g. Kasa in thor_v01 in upper right corner are shown 99% in the wall by RMS).
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

yC

I looked into your way of putting it, I get something like these in my sandbox:

http://i.imgur.com/73OxuCx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OKKnZhG.jpg

Is this the way you visualize it?  The box is doubled in size I believe with the center is shifted half the radius to the left and top.  I looked at the rA doc and it could be this way.  But I will have to check other maps to make sure they don't mess up and I am sure some will because npc script spawns don't use the same formula as far as I can remember.

Zereges

This is exactly how it should be.
Permanent monster spawns use centerX,centerY,spanX,spanY format. However NPC scripts (areamonster), use x1,y1,x2,y2 as two corners of the rectangle.

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange

yC

Following up on the issue, looking into other maps it doesn't too great with the bigger area spawn.  For example prt_maze03 is all over the place even it's mob spawn aren't from npc scripts.

http://i.imgur.com/arUUu2v.jpg

Some of the npc script data I have are fine, I see only few fixes needed.  But this one lol what's going on there.

Zereges

That actually might be OK. In prt_maze01, monsters have it's own square (except for hunter flies all over the map), but in prt_maze03, it isn't the case. Server I used to play for many years uses it's own database and prt_maze03 looks the same (You have to hover the mouse over monster to see it's spawn radius, also, this server is customized a lot, so for example, Kasas in thor_v01 look differently).

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

My Anime List
My StackExchange