Word Filtering used for something good.

Started by SilverStream~, Jul 01, 2009, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbread

First, pls and plz aren't leetspeak.  It's internet lingo shorthand.  I believe people should have the choice to talk however they want.

Mudkipz

Quote from: Riotblade on Jul 03, 2009, 08:37 PM
First, pls and plz aren't leetspeak.  It's internet lingo shorthand.  I believe people should have the choice to talk however they want.

+1

Eye liek tew make thangz hard 2 reed.  Do'in this wud maek everythng i type imposibal tew reed newayz.

Plus, i can see many places where this could easily fail.

Quote from: Green on Jul 01, 2009, 11:45 PM
Quote from: Yumi on Jul 01, 2009, 09:57 PM
"r" to "are", "u" to "you".

Becayouse that woyould actyoually woarek. =\

I would think that would only happen if wildcards had been set at both ends? (y/n)

SilverStream~

Well the point is to make some words(not all words) spelled better then pls and the likes.

If you write "pls" because you're lazy, that's fine.  But then the forum could help out with putting in "please" instead.

It's easy, without wildcards it's fine to write only pls, it's not exploitable and it makes reading better.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omi

yoyour sinx sucks, it keeps getting cyoursed

-1 to filter

and from now on i might type every word incoherrently

Hutchy

I think it's safe to say nothing's going to come of this.

naveh

imo no wordfilter.

Jokes, but, people should learn to type for themselves, not because a wordfilter forces them to. If they were exceptionally good at English yet still typing like "hi how r u", either they're drunk, really lazy or comfortable with the typing style.

Zone

I think it'd be alot easier if we all accepted they aren't the best with the English language.

Sarin

Funny thing, 50% of people using leetspeak are Americans. Rest is made mostly by Pinoys and BRs.

Anyway...change plz, pls and similar quasiwords to "Learn to write properly before posting" would do.

SilverStream~

You gotta remember that 50% of all americans can't speak their own language properly.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zone

Head Monocle of DOOM

Wordfilters are fail period.

For example if "donkey' were filtered:

Quotea
s
s

Filter Defeated

While the theory of a WordFilter is simple the actual practice is much more difficult since you have to adapt the filter list to beat simple tricks like this one.

Quote from: ★ ɀⓞϰع ⓞ∀ⓞ ฿ᶤƒᴚⓞ§Ⱦ ★ on Aug 19, 2009, 04:38 AM
So, why are we still debating this?
Becuz... This! Is! Interwebz! Plus evry1 hates to loosorz
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

yC

Deleted Silver's post for filter bypassing on purpose.

The suggestion was already replied by Riot.

Now you guys are only here to show how you can beat the filter, which is meaningless because nobody will think you are cool etc and we have the filter in the forum for a reason.

It is in the global forum rules that you should not distribute any offensive content. 

Locking.