War of Emperium in ratings?

Started by Donkey, Jul 05, 2008, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey

Under the current review system, reviews have Guild Competition as a factor in the total numbers. However, WoE is listed as a server feature and some servers opt not to have WoE at all. This, of course, creates an imbalance of sorts for the servers that do or don't have WoE, generally leading to those without to take a 9 point deduction in their scores. I don't see why this should be the case, though, since things like skill/stat resets and same-sex marriages are also listed as features, but don't factor into the rating system when those could very well affect someone's opinion of the server.

First suggestion: Would it be possible to make Guild Competition an optional part of a server's ranking? I understand that this could mess up the current ranking system by giving non-WoE servers too much of an advantage, so perhaps a replacement category could be put in to keep the numbers totaling to 100 without giving an advantage to either server type.

Second suggestion: Following on the replacement category idea... Perhaps things like Overall Enjoyment or Server Features could be potential replacements for the Guild Competition category. The first may sound too vague, but I've played on a number of servers that were pretty much perfect from a technical standpoint and the players/staff members were also great, but I just did not have fun playing on them. Likewise, I've played on servers that have had severe technical difficulties, yet I keep going back to them time and time again. The second is also somewhat vague, but it could literally apply to the full list of server features. One person may like the existence of a healer and MVP arena for making things easier while another could hate it for those same reasons. With a Server Features category, both people would be able to voice their opinions on that aspect in the score itself.

EDIT: And just now I realized that there was already a post on this same thing. Nobody replied to that one, though, so hopefully this one will fare better.

yC

Yes these have been suggested a long time ago.  The reason it is not done is because as you stated it kind of give me that 'mess' idea.  So I rather leave them as it is.

Donkey

That's why I had the second suggestion of a replacement category. If the Guild Competition rating is removed without anything to replace it, the numbers would get all messy.

The key point of there was that if it were replaced with something else, the numbers would still total to 100 and future reviews would factor in all of a server's technical features/customizations rather than just WoE and nothing else. Reviews made prior to such a change, meanwhile, would just reflect on WoE and wouldn't need to be removed from the totals or anything.