Suggestions for the Forum

Started by Yukino, Jul 09, 2010, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukino

Oh dear, now this is getting complicated. I'll just step out of this now until later.
For any moderators, I don't mind about this off-topic conversation. I'll let Green and yC talk it out I guess.
It is sort of linked to the suggestions above anyways.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

yC

No no no that's wrong Green.  The moment you shown the link, I go to it.  It's a 403 error page.  Then I go to chxxxxxx.xxx, same thing.  Pretty sure it was my IP banned on the .htaccess first.  If you are not the one running the webserver there, don't assume you know everything.

Do you think I host the site at home?  The IP linked to animseed is a proxy.  Otherwise why do I have to use a proxy (or go thru my server) to go to your site, if my home IP was not banned initially. My home IP was on the .htaccess ban list before the proxy was banned on the forum giving that message.  If I got to the site without a proxy I get this:

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/banned403.jpg/

So that's a double ban?  and it doesn't work because there are plenty of proxy out there.  Just like how poeple take advantage of proxy to browse in my forum when they are IP banned.  You will get used to it.  

yC

Quote from: Green on Jul 11, 2010, 12:09 AM
We banned you .. bleh bleh don't care

In all fairness, I believe you deserve a ban here.  You refer that place as "we" and that you are trying to advertise it here.  While that place bans me.  It make a lot of sense that you should be banned here.  I definitely didn't violate a rule in your forum since I didn't even sign up.  If you are not doing by your rule I am afraid I have to treat you the same way you treated me.  Actually you admitted you banned me in your forum.  It's only fair if you are banned here in return.

LemonCrosswalk

~*~Message from Gorthex~*~

-If it's a competitor to our service, it could be considered as a commercial advertisement.

How is it commercial if we aren't making money on it? We aren't selling ads, and we don't rely on people to buy adspace so we can live our lives. Quit trying to attribute it to something else.

-It's not nice if I accidentally clicked on the link and get hurt by seeing I am not welcomed.

Really? Accidentally? Oh come ON.
Let's just prove THAT one wrong by your other statement.

-In fact I am IP banned there, my proxy is banned there and I wonder how someone got my ip in a legit way.

So it 'WASN'T' an accident.

Your IP address isn't hidden yC. You tried to join our site as a guest, and you were banned. You tried to join our site via proxy, and were banned.

-If I am not allowed there I think it pretty much tells me it is a service that don't want me to see. 

It means you are not welcome in our community. Plain and simple.
You can't follow forum rules, yours or any others, and have absolute no disregard for anyone else's opinion or posts. In addition, you've tried to make justifications for your actions here on RMS.
We're not satisfied with your actions, and because of that, we do not want you on our website.
We're a starting a website and we don't need to deal withharassment of "they're copying me!" accusations because we have better things to do, like make our site better than yours.

-I see it VERY CHEAP of the site to take advantage of me while banning me.
And I think it's VERY CHEAP for you to try to insult me while I'm IP banned.

But that's what WE think and no one cares about we we think.

-So that's a double ban?  and it doesn't work because there are plenty of proxy out there.  Just like how poeple take advantage of proxy to browse in my forum when they are IP banned. You will get used to it.
Then get used to it.

If your site truly is "better", then why are you even worried about it?
Get over it.

Green

Gorthex simply returned the favour.
You set the standard with him here, he followed it.
He never broke any rules or was warned here, either.

yC

Pretty sure Gorthex didn't explain this http://img690.imageshack.us/i/banned403.jpg/

If the first time I go to the site I get that, it tells me something.  How can you ban me on my first time visit?  You know my IP beforehand and in what way is worth the discussion.

LemonCrosswalk

~*~Gorthex reply~*~
Sucks when things you're trying to point out aren't addressed huh?

Oh, and prove you didn't visit the site before we IP banned your homekthx.

yC

I don't expect an answer, the answer isn't going to be good for him. 

yC

Too much drama here, suggestion were answered.  

I will consider those that apply and see who fits to be staff and at which sections.  

Graphic change, will only consider after staff assigning is done.

Karma system disabled.

Thank you for the recommended candidates.  Locking so I can get a night of good sleep.