Site Suggestions~!

Started by Glenn, Apr 13, 2007, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Ok just a few things...

1. Hit/Flee needed for 95% would be a nice addition, I like to know if I can flee a monster

2. Movement speed of monster: (ie: Stationary; Slow; Human Pace; Fast)

3. Put the number of monsters on a particular map, after the map name. This is so that you dont have to open every map to see wich has the highest spawn xD

4. This is just something I think would be cool, but make different Skins for the site, since the site is primarily blue, you could make a Red/Green/Orange/Pink or whatever varient.

5. Search Function : Item is Slotted
-- Ragna-Retired --

yC

no time ... has been being lazy and slacking off xD

1.  I always under the impression that they are not correct cuz i fell for them and died horribly back in iRO's time.  And i need the formula for that of course ... should be somewhere in the eA code.

2.  Need to dig into eA code for that as well i know there is the value in the db but never bother to learn how to interpret it.

3.  Someone suggested that to be before but that would take one extra query for each monster each map, not very efficient.  Was trying to sort the monster on the list by # of spawn instead of by name, I think the last time i tried it failed.  Might think of something soon when i get back my strength ...

4.  I suck @ it, riot did the layout for me and he has been very busy with business and stuff.  Not going to bother.

5.  Okay, I will remember that.

So that's that, I pushed so much of the suggestions.  You are not going to be happy =(

I always think the page is too small to fit so much info so i leave out the least important info.  Some info is not going to be useful for 90% of the ppl only hardcore players will use them and they are taking up space making the page low slower.  I might think of something ...

Glenn

Ah, you asked for suggestion's I was meerly... trying to suggest.

The things I suggested constantly make me have to use other databases. D: I hate other databases.

Well, nobody said it was gonna be easy. XD I just listed the things that make me have to use other databases. I'm sure many more people would like these features then you think. I hope you give the first 2 a try. Well, because I hate having to look elsewhere, RMS is my love.

As for number 3, anything that would show wich map has the most would be nice ^^  A simple sort algorithm should be able to handle it, no?

As for space, you have space left under Size, and adding simple text wont slow down load times.

Number 4 was meerly something to do if you were REALLY bored haha.

So you finally replied.. I think your just lazy ;)   Seriously try please. :)
-- Ragna-Retired --

yC

I will remember this thread and bug the ppl are gonna help me when I do my next update =)

Kurogasa

good suggestions. Worst case you could always use the values from the other (crappy) databases so we dont have to give them hits to find out those infos ^^.

yC

any suggestion to item database while i am at it?

and here is a preview just for you glenn:

That includes 1-3 already, plus more that you might or might not want.  Don't tell me to change things since it's already done lol unless it's seriously wrong XD ...

My db has always been small blocks now this big block could easily take up a page i am not sure if ppl are going to like it if not then i'll torture you Glenn ...

It will be in the next update of map/mob/item db, now i am working on the item db would also make it use the right column to steal more space (just like the screenshot above).  But there is already enough details so i dont know what can be improved except 'where to buy' but that is a pain to do.

Emeralda

Have you ever thought about using warm colours, like red, there? The current cold ones aren't kinda... encouraging.

yC

D; dont judge the color since i suck at design and stuff

judge the new info, the huge size and the new look please ....

Glenn

-- Ragna-Retired --