Shoutbox; Recruiting; Server Advertisement Section Restriction!

Started by Zone, Dec 26, 2009, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you support this suggestion?

Yes
12 (92.3%)
No
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Zone

Final

I mean..It's just the first day..but so far...There hasn't been anything to stupid in the shoutbox...

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

Revenant

Honestly, shoutbox/chat boxes usually just encourage mindless spam and take away from posting on the forums themselves. While it is argueable that people acting dumb on the shoutbox would do it in regular posts too, having to open the new post window would encourage them to think due to the time spent as opposed to one click one spam mini psuedo-chatrooms.

Not that proper chatrooms like IRC wouldn't detract from forum activity; it's seperate, whereas the shoutbox is integrated into the forums where you can't miss it (That I recently posted a question & suggestion about). Having said that, the actual IRC channel incredibly barren and soul-less...
For the love of god, people, stop posting topics about recruiting staff on this forum, or indeed any forum. If you really feel the need to publicize the fact you're incapable of running your own server, and as such, must rely on someone you know nothing about as a crutch, be prepared to deal with the consequences, as people who go deliberately looking for GM positions are most likely as dumb as the inept server owner in question, if not moreso.

People offering paid services may or may not be screwing you over, depending on the product. Web designers? There's quite a good few out there; many take time to do their work, and charge quite a bit as a result. Just be sure you're not getting someone elses' website, rebranded for quick cash. If you hire someone to do things such as install customs for you, give up running a server. You're wasting time and letting someone take advantage of your stupidity.

[1] [2] [3] [4]

yC

oh i redone it yesterday, is it still giving you guys problem?

Revenant

Does this mean it's permaneantly gone or only until you have the required posts to use it yourself?
For the love of god, people, stop posting topics about recruiting staff on this forum, or indeed any forum. If you really feel the need to publicize the fact you're incapable of running your own server, and as such, must rely on someone you know nothing about as a crutch, be prepared to deal with the consequences, as people who go deliberately looking for GM positions are most likely as dumb as the inept server owner in question, if not moreso.

People offering paid services may or may not be screwing you over, depending on the product. Web designers? There's quite a good few out there; many take time to do their work, and charge quite a bit as a result. Just be sure you're not getting someone elses' website, rebranded for quick cash. If you hire someone to do things such as install customs for you, give up running a server. You're wasting time and letting someone take advantage of your stupidity.

[1] [2] [3] [4]

Final

Quote from: Revenant on Jan 03, 2010, 02:17 PM
Does this mean it's permaneantly gone or only until you have the required posts to use it yourself?
Post I think 25 posts and you should be able to see the shoutbox.

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

mickiedeez

Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.