Shoutbox; Recruiting; Server Advertisement Section Restriction!

Started by Zone, Dec 26, 2009, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you support this suggestion?

Yes
12 (92.3%)
No
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Green

Quote from: Zone on Dec 27, 2009, 11:52 PM

The big reason to keep it at that is because that gives people time to read the rules and understand the rules as well as how the community works.

If only post count was an indication of rule reading ability.

Zone

It is, if they are active in the community :P
That or they are just complete idiots and need to have their internet privileges pulled.
Send em back to 1st grade where you are taught to read the rules.
When I first came here, I spammed a s*** ton too.
About some dude who called Debbie a pedophile in a review.
Saying to take that s*** off.
Then I didn't come back for a fairly long time, and became a regular here, and understood how the community *was*.
However, the community is changing, the rules have changed a little, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to read the rules and formats.

yC

What I might want to try is, only show shout box when you have 10 (or 20 or something less than 50, imo 50 is way too much) or more posts.  Implementing that might be a problem for me since if the shout box comes with the option we would have tried it when there was that big argument months ago when taking away the shout box due to ad/troll and what not.

LemonCrosswalk

50 is just enough. The shout box is a good ol' boys club.

tracer

I disagree, RMS should enforce Nazi forum standards.

Shoutbox should have a post restriction of about 100 and everytime you post a message, you will be prompt with a list of rules to abide by.

We should have a council of 10 people who are given the ability to ban. Only if a decision is reach by the majority of the council.

Anyone who can't read english will be terminated from RMS and be send to their respective language sections.

RMS will have a extremely sexy logo that people will recognize even after 60 years in remembrance of the person who suggested this.

Anyone who doesn't speak English properly will be slam with English test regarding internet grammar for dummies and how to 1337 spell.

If anyone isn't atleast 13 years old or if your ethnicity, religion, server, and gender conflicts with RMS's moral and approval standards, you will be redirected a section of the forums where a staff will personally approval your forum account.

RMS will have a long list of filtered words, that would be considered a danger to the forum,  staff, and its members.

RMS will have a team of super hero moderator who will cook threads in till they are medium rare and then closes it. (Xarale Basics 101)

The supreme ruler of the forum will be yC, and every word from yC is law.

Our salute is our indication that we agree with the topic poster's ideas and will carry them out.

We will attack a neighboring forum and steal their resources, conduct experiencments on their forum members, attack and otherwise behea.... oh wait those are Japanese Forum Standards.

All forum functions required that you obtain a license, through a 10 page application of your use for said function.

If you don't intend on playing a RO server, your forum presence is meaningless and you should commit Seppuku. Whoops Japanese Forum Standards again!

Signatures should only be quotes from the staff and have atleast one from yC.

All avatars should in some way represent your delication to the forum.

Yeah, I guess we should go with Zone's idea since its similar to mines. :\
Quote from: Final on Nov 29, 2009, 04:58 AM
Skills aren't exactly needed to run a server however they are good to run an excellent server.
Close your eyes and smash your keyboard. You're doing just fine.
Quote from: Final on Dec 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
@tracer Damn so badass!!
Yeah!
Quote from: tracer on Dec 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Mission Accomplished!
Someone's got to say it.
Quote from: Ironic on Dec 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
Temjin - Seems like anything that comes out of your mouth is a swing at somebody here.
4444 Quotes.

Zone

yC

so what now? are we done discussion?

I am thinking 25 posts or less for the shout box.  No club thing please.  Subject to technical difficulties, I looked and it seems I can make it work.

Zone

25 for shoutbox I agree with.
All in flavour say Cake.

Final

Quote from: Zone on Dec 30, 2009, 02:53 PM
25 for shoutbox I agree with.
All in flavour say Cake.
Flavour?  What kind of flavour?

CAKE!

(Random...)

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

yC

okay, anyone notice any difference?

anyone with a "sister"/"brother" account with less than 25 posts? 

Let me know if anything goes weird.

Wikebine

this means i'll actually have to post now? that sucks.

EDIT:<sarcasm> buying account with 25 posts </sarcasm>
You seem kinda mad. Why are you mad? You seem really mad, but I'm not quite sure why. Could you explain your anger using logical means? What legitimate reason do you have for being mad?

yC

those that have their posts deleted, either you post the problem you encountered seriously with as much detail as possible, or just leave the topic alone.

tracer

For people with over 25 post, you won't see the chatbox after you login. However, you can see it after you made a post.

u mad? :(
Skills aren't exactly needed to run a server however they are good to run an excellent server.
@tracer Damn so badass!!
Yeah!
Mission Accomplished!
Someone's got to say it.
Temjin - Seems like anything that comes out of your mouth is a swing at somebody here.
4444 Quotes.

yC

So why does it make sense to have all the other posts but not one that go straight to the point?  Are people just having no life?

I'll change it to the way before until i take a second look at it, that's what i mean by "Subject to technical difficulties" up there.  Obviously i didn't make the shout box and I didn't make the forum.  If the shout box doesn't come with the feature it isn't just a click away to make it work the way someone wants it.

tracer

You really don't have to go through all that problem tho. The chatbox is fine, unless you find the users of the chatbox a problem, then you should just take the whole thing down.

Mostly, its used for drama and advertising, aside from that we also have random chat, but thats about it.
@tracer Damn so badass!!
Yeah!
Mission Accomplished!
Someone's got to say it.
4444 Quotes.