Review "Team": First Impressions

Started by Flip, Nov 03, 2009, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

I was hoping one of the more seasoned First Impression reviewer might be interested to pop in to check out BattleRO, the current Number 1 High Rate server on RMS. While pursuing the review section, I came across a very strong statement made by one of their player.

QuoteRMS YOU SHOULD BE ASSHAMED TO HAVE THIS SERVER ON YOUR LIST!!!!

As a special request, I would like to know how does WOE feel when you are able to legally bot during WOE? A concept very new to me. Thanks.

Usagimimi

I think Luna~ and Tom~ both tried BattleRO, but you can't register there anymore. The admin turned registration off.

>I think that's what happened anyway<

I'd like to see a review of RebirthRO Tyr and LuminaRO.

Tom~

I can't even log in BattleRO, thats why I didn't review it >;[

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Usagimimi

We can sum it up in one word though:

AbsolutecrapthatshouldneverbeconsideredevenifitweretobethelastROserveravailableincludingtheofficials

o.o

And maybe I'll First-Impression Review RebirthRO Tyr.

Omni

Quote from: Flip on Nov 12, 2009, 06:58 PM
We are not necessarily going for "accuracy" of the server, but rather what we "get" from few hours of play.

Of course all conclusions are evidence-based, but its more to measure what the server "gives off" to newcomers in the all-important first hours of playing the server. In this sense, its not really measuring what the server is about, but what is the face the server is showing to incoming players.

True.

It is easy to get the "feel" of the server in the begining hours of play. Still, in my opinion, a review of any kind should be based off more than one day of play, at least.

If only a few hours are comitted to a server, aspects such as WoE and events may be missed. Regardless of how much time is devoted to a server, I believe that all aspects and features should be experienced before ultimately reviewing a server, to assure consistancy.

First impressions are just that, your first impression. Sometimes it helps to take a second, or rather, more detailed look.

I'm not attempting to shoot this idea down by any means, I think it's a great idea. I just want to make sure that these reviews are accurate and consitant, as far as server-reviews go.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Flip

Yusifer: I would like to see that.

Omni: I 100% agree. However, that is -not- our target market (so to speak). Haha. /heh I think of myself as too efficient sometimes that way. Lolz.

But if an admin makes a request for a second, more detailed look, I'd be more than happy to comply personally.

Omni

Quote from: Flip on Nov 17, 2009, 11:35 PM
Yusifer: I would like to see that.

Omni: I 100% agree. However, that is -not- our target market (so to speak). Haha. /heh I think of myself as too efficient sometimes that way. Lolz.

But if an admin makes a request for a second, more detailed look, I'd be more than happy to comply personally.

Fair enough.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Freedom

QuoteI don't want to affect the attention given to certain reviews because of some special status that is not earned with hardwork.

Make the team, w/o the special status.
If I offended you, too bad.

Diviner

I'm all for this task, I'd like to see it in action. I mean I know you've already made a test review but I'd like to see this idea full fledged. I, myself, am an RO administrator, so that pretty much disqualifies me from assisting you in your reviews but you're free to do a review of my server, since you're hitting top ranking servers first and mine is at the first page of the low rates.

I would also like to suggest that these reviews should be made unable to get replies. Consider them as a critic-journalist's article. I mean, people come here in this site to advertise, and it should only make sense that this site has authorized critics to give unbiased reviews. As you wouldn't see replies in a critic's article in the journal, so should these reviews be considered something like a blog, for people to go through when they're bored/searching for new servers to play.

One of the points that made up the initial objections however is valid, and it is the point about servers constantly changing. Perhaps you should set a ground rule to re-review every server reviewed before after a period of several months (6 maybe?), so that's 2 reviews a year per server reviewed. New review should also replace the older unless of course nothing changed in which case a simple reply to the initial review stating just that would suffice.

Tom~

Well.. I can't be part of this team anymore, since i'm going to have my own server soon. Flip has been really inactive. Mania is still active. Gorthex has his own server right now.
We all saw what happened with Luna. She got flamed because she has her own server.

If anyone is still interested in this project, PM me or Mania. At least, we can help you with the reviews.

Tom~

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.