More filter options

Started by Allori, Apr 14, 2018, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allori

Hi, i'd like to suggest the following filter options to the database section when searching for monsters:

• Instance mob
  • Champion

Seriously, everytime i need to search for a renewal leveling map i face the same problem of scrolling down pages and pages of instance only/champion mobs till i finally get where i need to '-'

yC

Thanks for bringing this up, I will sure look into that on the next update (sorry it won't be an instantly fixed thing).

Depend on your search, you might want to sort the result by id to get the older mobs appear first since champion and instance mobs are relatively new thus have a higher monster id.

Allori

Thank you very much... I usually sort by EXP descending, but maybe sorting for ID would help...  /no1 /lv

Allori

Quote from: yC on Apr 14, 2018, 03:17 PM
Thanks for bringing this up, I will sure look into that on the next update (sorry it won't be an instantly fixed thing).

Depend on your search, you might want to sort the result by id to get the older mobs appear first since champion and instance mobs are relatively new thus have a higher monster id.

Come one, it's been 2 years since I posted that '-'

yC

Ah, sorry for the delay.  I added the 'exclude champion mobs' option for now (on the re-mob search form). 

The instance mob option is more complicated because the instance mobs can also spawn outside of instance so it require a list to be kept and managed.  I might not want to do this if it's just a few less mobs in a single search. 

Edit: A quick / rough check tells me there is currently 227 such mobs out of 2000+ mobs.  There are 309 champion mobs.  Which you find annoying xD?

Allori

It's fine right now, thank you very much for your help  /no1

I was in trouble when doing searchs like this:

Spoiler
[close]

The first 10 pages were only champion mobs, it was really stressful!

gusty

I hope there will be a remake in a server description or type (the pre-renewal; renewal thingy). maybe add specifics like revo-classic, zero, and umm pre-renewal custom.. maybe?

Because there are so many servers around here are kinda indirectly deceiving players saying they are "pre-renewal" but it turns out its not which kinda off abit annoying.

Thats all.....

yC

Quote from: gusty on Mar 06, 2020, 09:41 PM
I hope there will be a remake in a server description or type (the pre-renewal; renewal thingy). maybe add specifics like revo-classic, zero, and umm pre-renewal custom.. maybe?

Because there are so many servers around here are kinda indirectly deceiving players saying they are "pre-renewal" but it turns out its not which kinda off abit annoying.

Thats all.....

Your question is not the topic in this discussion, but I'll answer it anyway.  The options are serve an an aid, server doesn't have to select it if their server doesn't fall into any (can just put in the description if they are a rare type?).  However, even with the current 3 options there are server that pick the wrong type all the time (picking classic when they are pre-re for example).  So I am not thinking to add more options ...