Lock All Future "omg rms dey stolez mai xcluzivz!!1!" threads

Started by Zone, Aug 06, 2009, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonCrosswalk

I think reading this thread is enough evidence to close the rest of the topics.

Edward

Quote from: Descent on Aug 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
Quote from: Edward on Aug 12, 2009, 05:12 PM
Definition of 'Piracy' - the unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book, recording, television program, patented invention, trademarked product, etc.: The record industry is beset with piracy. (Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/piracy)

You're uh...missing the point there, guy.

Ok, let me ask you this.

1) Is the sprites copyrighted? patented? trademarked? Where's the legal documents?
2) Sprites aren't recordings/television programs, are they?

So... if their not legally bound to the artist, how would it be considered piracy? It's just stolen. So if you're going to try to go technical about this whole shenanigan, maybe they should go and register their artwork with Creative Commons before you claim that it's 'piracy'.

http://creativecommons.org/

And I'm going to refer to the PS3 example again... you leave it out on the curb for people to look at. So if a person comes and takes that from you... how's that piracy?

That's the same with leaving your sprites unprotected for people to look/use for your game... and then there's bound to be someone to comes in and takes it from you. Again, I question the logic of people...

So before you're going to try to sound all so smart again, please review your statements and have some logic when trying to express these statements on a public forum. And I'm going to say this... I know I don't sound smart, but at least I've got enough logic about these kinda situations.

A92FL0163

Welcome, and thank you for using the time machine, you're back in: mid/late march~april 2009.

yC

Seeing the arguments generated just in this thread, it is reasonable to say the voice on the issue at hand is from all directions.  It's not a good idea to shut up one side and not the others by approving the suggestion.

Btw, we brought up the "how to protect a grf?" question is because we have yet to see a usable solution that we can share with the crying victims.  It will solve their problem and stop the arguments here if there is one that exists.

The thread is getting pointless and the original suggester haven't come back to follow up on his suggestion since 3 days ago.  I'll lock this for now.