JJJ has got to go.

Started by Descent, Apr 15, 2009, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Descent

As the topic title states, JJJ has got to go. This is getting to the point of no return, now.

Users coming back from short hiatus, the first question asked is "Is JJJ still a mod?".

Warnings of "spam", while JJJ's post has zero relevance to the topic.

Warnings of "off topic", when things that are said in the topic are relevant to the TC's original post.

RMS is no longer a place of common sense. It is now a "benicekawaiidesune" cesspool.

And everybody's favourite, the aforementioned "spam/off topic" warnings, and then watching in awe as JJJ deletes the post and then makes a spam/off topic post of its own.

Don't even get me started on JJJ spreading a rumour that a female user is a male, while JJJ is female and attempting to pose as a male.

I wouldn't be surprised if action gets taken on me, or if this thread even sees the light of day. The fact that I said my piece is enough.

There are other people on the Staff clearly capable of doing the job, and there are other users who are also moderator-worthy and impartial. The obvious preferential treatment of certain users, one-sided rulings, and punishment of one user when it was clearly two of them breaking rules has come to a head, and it must stop.

Before anybody sounds the "BAWWWWWWWWWWW" horn, I could care less about my posts getting deleted, or action taken upon me. What I say in those instances is mine and mine alone. This thread is directed at the treatment of other users, I am excluding myself out of it completely. What is said in this thread is observations by not only myself, but other users of this forum.

Also, I really, REALLY don't want to hear "RMS is not a democracy ^___^". Users are what make a forum, not the Staff, because without users, only the Staff itself would inhabit the forums.

That said, I motion for a poll or opinions of RMS USERS, NOT THE STAFF, on this issue.

With all due respect yC, this is a valid issue, and I am trying to approach it as respectfully and professionally as possible. What I ask is for you to listen to the users of this forum. You're a reasonable person, please continue to be.

NOTE: I don't want to see one post fingering out yC as the root of the problem. If this topic were about her, it'd be different. Please refrain from posting about yC.

Let it begin.

LemonCrosswalk

I think I have to agree. JJJ seems like a nice person, but she/he is way too eager to delete posts saying they are off topic. Yes, some of the moderating she/he has done is correct, but from what I have seen like 80% were unnecessary. I have been a forum moderator for years, and I have never seen someone trim threads so generously. Most jokes or playing around are deemed as off topic until she/he joins in on it. Warnings aren't given to move the thread back on topic, the action taken is pruning back half the posts.

Loki

Aye to TC!

She has done a few good modding but most of it are bad judgment. Most of her posts count barely counts as on topic.

I say aye to de-mod.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Scars

Before I voice my opinion I just want to say this thread is a civil/legit suggestions/request/complaints so it doesn't deserve to be closed or at least without proper answer/reason/proofs of otherwise.

It may not be pleasant but this is not a flame or personal attack and should be taken seriously, it is nevertheless a proper arguments.

In addition maybe it would help for Descent to show some evidence, I would like to say something too later.

Peace.

Pandora

JJJ's doing his job, unpaid job I might add, and he's the most active mod here spending hours reading unnecessary drama and QQing, so let's try to have some perspective and not be ingrates. I would agree that he may go overboard sometimes but he follows the rules that were not set by him, so if anything needs revising it might be the rules, when/how they have to be applied and and which ones he can loosen up on.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Pandora

It's not bias, but yeah he is a mod on my server and he does a fine job at it, and is unpaid as well just like here, he's really helpful and active. We have precise guidelines for our moderators for what to do in which situation, so maybe the guidelines here just need to be clearer so that threads can continue even with a bit of offtopicness in them, but those who deserve it get moderated.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Symbiote

Quote from: Pandora on Apr 15, 2009, 11:41 AMbut yeah he is a mod on my server

lol.

Okay. Yeah. JJJ isn't a very good moderator at all. Have to agree with the consensus here. I'm sure someone could fill the spot and do a much better job. Then again, good moderators are hard to come by.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

yC

Descent if you are wondering.  I gave you the off-topic warning and the warning on your signature.  They are well justified.

I think the problem has to do with the amount of trollers/spammers this forum attracts.  A general reader in the forum will be looking for relevant information in a topic, not random joke popping in the middle of nowhere or something related to a poster's signature. 

Lately the forum attracted a group of people that is trying to ruin the experience for everybody and is adding to the load of the forum staff.  We can't deny that, before these people come along, the forum was a much better place.  Now, the intelligence level of the forum had dropped off a cliff.  I very much agree that tighter standard need to be in placed in order to keep the forum from losing to these people with unknown intension.   

I appreciate the amount of time my staff put into the forum to keep it in order.  It is rather difficult to hire staff for this forum.  Not only we need someone that can do a general forum moderation job.  The person also have to have a reputation of not tied to any server that will affect judgment.

If you are not happy with the warnings and deletion, I am sorry this will be the way it is.  All I want is a forum that will help people, spam-free and troll-free.  If you are flame/troll/spam happy, this forum is not for you.

As for JJJ's posts, I will tell him to post less and do more on his job.  Your opinion should reflect to him where he can improve in his job.  I will make sure he will read this topic in full and do as much as he can to improve his relationship with fellow users.

There is no gender online, they are just pixels.  Unless you have physically see both person and "verified" they are in fact the gender he/she claims.  Even so, you can still tell a lie online.  So it is a rumors on top of another rumors that is based on nothing.  Meaning it can go both ways.  You can say you are from Mars or you are John Titor.  But in the end you are just pixels with a what-people-think-you-are-and-you-cannot-prove-them-wrong gender.

JJJ will not be removed, for now.  If anyone think he/she is going to do a good job moderating this forum, feel free to send in a resume and tell me why in private message.  I will post the resume in the staff area and consider them seriously with my other staff.

I will have to lock this topic, before it turns into another attack topic on users/mods.  I already answered your suggestion.