Hall of Shame GMs and Their Applications

Started by Yukino, Mar 01, 2010, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Hall of Shame GMs be able to post new applications here?

Yes!
6 (23.1%)
No.
16 (61.5%)
I don't really mind -I'm not hiring-
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Yukino

What do you people think?

Personally, I think they shouldn't be able to. Obviously, if everyone agrees (and even the mods think so) that those GMs should be in the Hall of Shame, why give them another chance here on RMS forums? As some of you can tell, they can just easily make new forum accounts and apply and perhaps ruin some other servers intentionally/unintentionally. In fact, they can just switch IPs, so they won't get caught. Of course, they can still type on RMS, but I'm suggesting that they shouldn't be able to post GM applications for themselves.

I know it may be hard to maintain and oversee, but it would greatly help other Admins who are unaware of those people's past acts which may resurface again. Attitudes don't change that easily, and past acts cannot be washed away. That's a true fact. Some people don't read the stickied threads as some of you know, so some people don't even know about the Hall of Shame (especially for those first-timers on RMS). The people who like to read drama or just be on RMS forums would understand the acts of these so-called GMs. They are unworthy of this chance; they ruined it the first time they were hired. They lied and ruined other people's fun, so should we allow that to possibly happen again? I'm sure most Admins would say no. Second chances are hard to come by in life, and hiring people is a SERIOUS business. I am unaware of such acts until I read the ENTIRE thread of each person. Some people just don't have that much time to spend and need serious/helpful GMs immediately.

I am not going baseless here. I know that people know about these situations and have thought of what I'm suggesting now (hopefully?). GMs should never lie in their interviews/applications for it is FORMAL business D: I despise those who lie and such and have the excuses like "Oh, I'm too young, so I have to lie about my age" or "I won't get hired for my nationality/ethnicity, so I typed another". It's tiring to see these posts, and it's even more tiring to see them from GMs which have been listed as a Hall of Shame GM. Just one read about one thread and the action taken against that thread irks me and causes me to start this thread. Sure, people can eventually (slowly) change, but I doubt people will change that easily in a course of a few months or less. It'll be nice to know what people think. It's okay if this cannot come into play, but I would like to just suggest this out there.

Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Luna~

Tom~

I thought exactly the same thing when yC junked that thread, and told Ac1D to post another application if he wanted to.
It's just dumb (sorry D: ).

GMs that have been added to the GM HoS should not be able to post a new application. With the GM HoS we are trying to prevent admins from hiring them, but by letting them post another application, you're just making the GM HoS useless.

So...
Quote from: Luna~ on Mar 01, 2010, 09:15 PM
/support

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Yukino

I totally agree with Tom~'s post. Just seeing what happened to that application and the statement of "making a new application is allowed" is just saying that you want the person and other RMS members to go through that again. No point in the GM Hall of Shame if they are not shamed of their past acts. Those GMs wouldn't even care about that thread as you can tell from the re-occurrence of applications. It's been suggested that they should just try posting an application again when they obviously shouldn't (implied by the GM Hall of Shame thread).

Astraliche

I'm here to ask questions, that's it.

Personally, I disagree with this act, second chances are hard to come by, but not impossible. I'm alright with the way that Ac1D's application thread being connected to Moonlight1k, trashed and junked them out. But I disagree with the part where their resumes should not be posted. Most of you may be admins, but there are other peoples as well.

I'd suggest that people can post a link to the thread that directs how their past acts are, but not relive the situation again as if playing the "hit the mole with teh hammerz". The GM HoS, if connected to HoFs, HoF only shows that how people were given such praises for their hard work, it's not like people will relive the fact that he/she is a great GM/Staff in their other account's application, while on the other side, this HoS IMO, would someday be a nail that only needs the spams of users to fall deeper in the head.

I say that they should be allowed to post new applications. But people can reply with a link that refers to their acts that has dropped their reputation. That's all, no flames, no digging old wounds.

...Although, I do like the idea where other people will suggest another person, but I can't seem to find a process where it is applicable unless you talk with staff members and make friends with them.

If HoS should stay, I say trash the whole "resume" threads, post a request for your server looking for staffs and ask them to PM you.

Lastly, It is the choice of the new admins or old to hire those in HoS, or the clean ones. IMO partialism is just bad, but hell, reference reference.

thx for reading, reply?

EDIT: Summary -> more armwork and leg for those people who wants to be a GM, whether they be a new innocent ones, or experienced but shamed. Most players just don't get how the staff works, and keeping Trainees under surveillance through the admin's screen, or under another GMs view (or both of them) should help for those admins who don't have enough time to stay staring at the screen for more than 6 hours a day, and damn server rivalry, let's make fwenz, and ask for reference if your understaffed for this. wow, I intended this to be a line or two.

Relics

the HoS list is considered a tool, I dont think we'll disallow anyone to make an application on this site. After all the one who's searching to hire somebody decides whether to actually hire that person.

Green

I disagree.
It is up to the admin to make the decision as to if they are worth the risk hiring. Not us.

'Sides, some people like it rough. =P

Yukino

At Astraliche: If players can link people to their past acts, you know that there will be player bashing, and then a mod would remove the application and tell them to remake one again. The loop is unending.

At Relics: It is a tool, but it's an unused tool unless someone make notice of it on someone's application. Hence, the player bashing starts once again.

At Green: Perhaps... some people like it rough, but not to the extent of ruining the server's population and even the server's ability to stay online.

Or better yet, if people switch forum accounts, can a mod or someone make a notice of who they were if they are on the GM Hall of Shame? As you could tell, from the previous application, that he switched forum names and nobody knew until Luna helped notify us.

Perhaps they can type applications, but I would like it if they have links to their past acts (for those who are in the GM Hall of Shame) posted by a mod. Don't make a player post it... since it'll cause a commotion as I stated before. You all know it always happens.

Edit: I wouldn't like to be lied to for their applications, but it's sometimes really hard to tell. Therefore, I would like to be notified if they had done something bad in the past or something that's listed on RMS about them. I wouldn't let them go care-free. That's my suggestion as well. They can change IP and make new forum accounts so easily and trick other people. You've seen it happened probably already. Maybe PMing is okay since that's on a personal level, but posting applications right off for the public... I would reconsider and think about it. Perhaps some Admins think that RMS people can be trustworthy as so many people read each poster's posts? And if there are no comments, they would think the person is "acceptable." Anyways, perhaps there can be some way to incorporate some of my suggestions (above ^^^) or just stop the dishonest applications. Seriously, I wouldn't have known what "that" person did if it weren't for the links and connections made by a -person- (not mod) on RMS. I wouldn't like to hire a person who has such a bad RO history... it may cause drama for me or other people to hire them and get criticized and warned for doing so.

Tom~

QuoteI wouldn't like to hire a person who has such a bad RO history... it may cause drama for me or other people to hire them and get criticized and warned for doing so.
I agree with that part the most.
Exile got hired on GloomyRO, and a guy wanted to add Dallii (the admin) to the HoS because of that. Unnecessary drama, i'd say.

Tom~

Lol, yeah.
A guy posted on Exile's report, but his post got deleted lol. The post said that Exile is a developer on Gloomy, and that GloomyRO's admin should be added to the HoS for hiring him.

Metafalica

There are no knowledgeable developers on GloomyRO, and as of today my old GM account was finally removed from the forum but I checked before-hand.. and yeah. There is one chick and one male. and the male is some dumb HUMAN who can't speak english worth a dam. His biggest contribution was a custom prontera theme download, with no warning for over-writing and the context "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW". I think his name was Ycaz or something. I don't remember noticing anyone else.

Astraliche

@Yukino : It's not like anyone will link themselves to the HoS, isn't it? It's the Internet after all.

I still stay at "ban all resumes", but banning resumes doesn't really change anything much IMO, it actually makes it easier for those in HoS to pass.

It's not that I don't agree to Yukino's idea, but it's still easy to sneak through it, It'll be nice if there is theory to explain how it works, because I think I lack information on the method that I still see loopholes through it.

btw, it will be nice if the one with the pink font to start displaying a theory as well. 1% of pinoys speak english fluently, and with respect. I'd love not to club the 1% to the 99%. If the thread's gonna go gloomy all of the sudden, I know who's to blame. Make a thread?

I see no theory that can detect a HoS member when they changed IP addresses, if I was in HoS, I sure know how to sneak pass without posting here, in fact, I'm pretty sure many has.

thx for the time, enlighten? Oh, now I think Ac1D deserved it, hope he gets smart soon. Why can't we just dump the link in the suspicious thread? If the thread-starter would want to show the difference between this guy and that guy, he can always reply there. I say what Luna did was right, as long as it was proven right.

yC

tl dr except the title.

It's the same problem all over again, GM in the HoS can take on a different name, gender, form at any place, any time when they want to be hired.  You can't exactly prevent them.

Well, hmm nobody care to take the time to report that the application is from a GM in the HoS and shall be removed before the 3 pages non sense outbreak came along.  All I see was something shouldn't happen in the recruitment section according to the sectional guidelines and it happened.

Tom~

Luna provided proofs before all the non-sense started. I even recall a mod posting on the topic itself... I'm not sure, as i've stated multiple times lately, my memory fails.

So yeah, can't say it's our fault, when the topic lasted 1~2 weeks after the proofs were provided.

yC

The problem is it's the recruitment section, we don't want proof of anything.  Save them for the HoS.

http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/paid-services//recruitment-sub-forum-rule/0/

Tom~

She provided proofs of Ac1D being Moonlight1k. Not about the corruption itself.

GorthexTiger

Fact of the matter is: Aside from the drama it creates, the GM HoS is a tool. A useful tool used by the community as players, and server owners, or potential staff, that can use it to find out what past atrocities occurred on a previous server or incident, who was behind what, and what exactly went down.

To allow people to post resumes back into the Hall of Shame because "well the admin will ultimately hire them or not" is just a cop-out. This ultimately puts the consequences and blame on the admin who does the hiring and potentially leaves them in the dark about their new employee. As a community, people expect non-corruption servers, but, to not give a heads-up when people could / possibly be / are corrupt ("oh, btw, this guy f*** up cereasily on XYZRO"), is hindering to community and totally undermines the entire purpose of the Hall of Shame.

It's sort of like how people deal with Sex Offenders. If you're convicted as a Sex Offender, you have to register and keep up-to-date with EVERYTHING on record: basically from where you live to the amount of oz. your s*** weighs.

It also comes up when you get a job.

So, if RMS wants to be synonymous with basically allowing people to hire Sex Offenders without telling them that they are: that's on you.

Inb4: Well they can become a new person!

No s***. Anyone with an IQ over 50 can easily "die" online and become a new person. It's not hard and it's VERY easy to do.

There really IS no way around this: except without staff assistance. It's already been proved that the RMS staff will NOT post the IPs of people suspected of being someone in the HoS, so, the best thing the community can do, is be vigilant and keep on the look out. Even with vigilance, it is still possible to be fooled, as anyone can use a proxy and post here to hide their identity.

Without staff help in tracking HoS members on the forums (it's not like I'm asking you to follow them IRL 24/7) it then becomes focused on the members to do the brunt of the work.

The only alternative to this is to FORCE or MOD-NAZI people to follow those Reporting Guidelines that yC seems so fond of. If someone can prove that they are indeed a HoS member then fine, post the proof and THAT'S IT. If s*** starts to break out (people go off topic, spam, lolz posts, trolls) then the staff needs to grow a pair and pimp slap some b****. Delete posts, mute / warn people. I've seen you all do it, don't be afraid to.

The fact is: the HoS is a tool that is run and maintained by the community in order to warn other servers, players, and potential staff of horrible / bad players and remind them of their past actions. It's used as a warning, a detriment. Green & Relics are right: it's ultimately up to the server admin if they hire them or not, but don't let that be an excuse to still not give them that extra warning. I think, if we were all in that person's shoes, we'd like to know what we're getting ourselves into.

If you disagree with this then fine: delete the HoS because otherwise, you're contradicting yourself by making a HoS thread that has no purpose if people can just repost their resume and be all hunky dory.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Yukino

At yC: We can't post a Hall of Shame thread about a recruitment thread made by a GM Hall of Shame, can we? If so, let chaos be loose. Expect more player bashing, and don't expect us to be nice. We're helping others -utilitarianism-. You shouldn't lock those threads then when we make them unless we go off-topic or insult them to the lowest degree possible. If you accept that, then at least people will be notified of such applications. Also, since you said we... should? I shall post about the application that we all know about unless you already dealt with it. It's been proven already, and you know it. Then again, for the Hall of Shame, "nothing can be done about it" is a bad slogan. As you could have noticed, some links for the rules aren't working for the Hall of Shame guideline and some others. I keep clicking on them to see what we have to follow by, but it's kind of hard to keep the rules when you can't go to them... Hall of Shame is for servers and not for recruitment threads unless you change that. Otherwise, where shall we comment on such faulty applications?

Also, might I add, "your reply must not question the age, gender, nationality, family history and anything that has nothing to do with the person's ability as a worker or owner on a RO server" for the guideline is faulty. Some of those parameters are found in their applications; hence, people can question about them. Like that "certain" application with the age and gender. Wouldn't want to have a girl talk with a guy whom you thought was a girl, would you? LOL. You also typed "Your reply must be related to the job or the applicant" which, in a sense, we all did. Can't blame us for that. Two rules are contradicting each other. Like this one: "Your reply must not comment on the applicant or the applicant's resume."~ I understand it's hard to make such defined rules, but it's times like these that I would like to question about them.

At Astraliche: I didn't disagree with Luna's action o-o. I know my suggestion has flaws XD I know it's hard to accomplish, but mods providing links would be easier and such. Though, for the ones we DO KNOW are Hall of Shame GMs, we shouldn't let them post or provide links to their past acts. Also, there are just blantant connections here and there. A person cannot change so easily, especially when it comes to one's own words and style. (I can though <3)

I don't want to sound mean (I probably am), but my point stands valid. Many other people agree (check the poll), and it's just something to think about. Perhaps you can change the rules about the recruitment threads and allow players to post such links or something else. It's not a matter to be ignored and casted away. Don't promote applications of such GMs. Let them PM people themselves because the public *most of us* don't want to be deceived anymore.

Addition: I agree with GorthexTiger (out of the blue: you make awesome arguments at times). We need to know about such things. Don't keep us out of the dark. What Luna did helped many people (I feel it did at least). If the other people didn't post, you people would have deleted that thread just because of her one post with the links anyways. As I said, change the recruitment section a bit to make the situation better.

Metafalica

Entries to the GM HOS need to be more than just a name.

Revenant

Perhaps a link to the topic which gave the evidence that landed them in it, and a list of all their frequented names?
For the love of god, people, stop posting topics about recruiting staff on this forum, or indeed any forum. If you really feel the need to publicize the fact you're incapable of running your own server, and as such, must rely on someone you know nothing about as a crutch, be prepared to deal with the consequences, as people who go deliberately looking for GM positions are most likely as dumb as the inept server owner in question, if not moreso.

People offering paid services may or may not be screwing you over, depending on the product. Web designers? There's quite a good few out there; many take time to do their work, and charge quite a bit as a result. Just be sure you're not getting someone elses' website, rebranded for quick cash. If you hire someone to do things such as install customs for you, give up running a server. You're wasting time and letting someone take advantage of your stupidity.

[1] [2] [3] [4]

Metafalica

There already is a link to the topic, if you bothered to read before you posted. Which you didn't.
Their frequented names, email and such would be nice.

yC

Quote from: Tom~ on Mar 02, 2010, 11:44 PM
She provided proofs of Ac1D being Moonlight1k. Not about the corruption itself.

I just said
Quote from: yC on Mar 02, 2010, 11:43 PM
The problem is it's the recruitment section, we don't want proof of anything.

-.-.  The recruitment section is not for flame, not for proof, not for drama. If you see a HoS GM post there why not just report and get it deleted.  You can post your proof in a report post so not to break the recruitment topic guidelines or be charged of driving topic off-topic.

http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/paid-services//recruitment-sub-forum-rule/0/

- your reply must not be an attack or insult to the original poster.
- your reply must not comment on the recruiter or the recruiter's server.
- your reply must not comment on the applicant or the applicant's resume.
- your reply must not question the age, gender, nationality, family history and anything that has nothing to do with the person's ability as a worker or owner on a RO server.

We don't take those guidelines too strict when the post is at least not damaging to the applicant/recruiter.  There rule is there to protect the poster's right in the section.  In the real world, asking "age, gender, nationality, family history and anything that has nothing to do with the person's ability [on the job]" is a type of discrimination.  These shall are only be discussed when the applicant is comfortable with the topic.  It's not faulty at all, it says "your reply must not question".  If the information is already posted, I don't see how you would question it.  

I somehow can't find the topic in the junk yard anymore ... except the reported posts and quotes.

"Your reply must be related to the job or the applicant" so .. this is related?  What that has to do with the person's ability on the position?

Quote from: LunaCharm on Feb 23, 2010, 05:19 PM
can you say: ****?

Or starting a third party matter on someone's application topic.  

Quote from: Catalyst on Feb 23, 2010, 05:16 AM
Quote from: ElectronicDesign2 on Feb 21, 2010, 11:25 PM
well like i said, he didnt seem so bad so far, and if somebody were to hire him, thats what precautions are for. Reduced powers/priviledges/position, keeping him under close watch and logged, etc etc.

you basically take a risk hiring anybody, its easy to change your information online if you have a bad rep, anybody on that shame list could easily have changed everything about themselves, and passed as a new person and possibly even hired as a new gm on another server. On the net, there is no "Safe" action.

at least he's being upfront about his past. thats rare to find in itself.

You are either naive, an optimist, or a pacifist.

I hate all three.

The strict rules on reply are there to govern posts like that.  Nobody wants to post an application and get judged by unknown people left and right that might or might not have a position open, then have the topic dragged miles away about nothing in particular.  If you are the applicant what would you think of this community.

The section is made for people to hire or get hired.  It's not a playground.  If you are not interested in both sides you shouldn't be posting there.  

[to answer the original suggestion]: I didn't disagree with not allowing HoS GM/Server in the recruitment section.  It just need to be reported in a way that is not breaking the recruitment guidelines. You can help by making a report to anything you see that is not right.  Just PM any staff or use the report function.  A reply to the topic is not a report, it may or may not get staff attention before it gets buried by other posts.  When I said to repost the application obviously I am not aware of that the person is a gm in the HoS.  The topic need to be junked when I saw it was because the purpose of the topic was not there anymore.  Be it a Hos GM app or others, in that case I wrongly treated him as "others".

Those rules will not change, the recruitment section will never open for drama.  Find somewhere else.

Yukino:  Link fixed.  That's the global forum guideline link that apply to the whole forum, you should have read it before posting but obviously it gets ignored I know.

Tom~

That topic got out of control because no one locked/deleted it on time. As I already said, this happened after Luna provided the info about Ac1D being a GM who is on the Hall of Shame. Since no one did anything about it... you can see what happened. =/

QuoteI didn't disagree with not allowing HoS GM/Server in the recruitment section.  It just need to be reported in a way that is not breaking the recruitment guidelines. You can help by making a report to anything you see that is not right.  Just PM any staff or use the report function.  A reply to the topic is not a report, it may or may not get staff attention before it gets buried by other posts.

Those rules will not change, the recruitment section will never open for drama.  Find somewhere else.
Fair enough. Should be added to the guidelines, though.

Temjin

What I don't understand is this need for "protection". If anything needs to be protected, it should be the Admins looking for potential hires, not the piece of trash who is intent on ruining yet another server.

Yes, it's not a playground, but last I checked, it's not a day care either. You're just as guilty of aiding and abetting it as the GMs who do this to themselves are of habitually creating problems on whatever server is within their grasp.

GorthexTiger

QuoteI didn't disagree with not allowing HoS GM/Server in the recruitment section.  It just need to be reported in a way that is not breaking the recruitment guidelines. You can help by making a report to anything you see that is not right.  Just PM any staff or use the report function.  A reply to the topic is not a report, it may or may not get staff attention before it gets buried by other posts.

Like Tom said, this needs to be added to the guidelines. Or, not exactly this wording but at least a proper way (to explain) what people can do to report it, to whom, and how.

Yukino

At yC: I read the global rules lol. That's the third thread I read since my coming to the forum. Hence, I checked all the other guidelines and noticed the links were still down for some "I have no clue" reason.

I agree with Tom~'s suggestion. Add it to your list of rules to make some things better. I read things in detail--hence I find so many loopholes at times.

Quote: "In the real world, asking "age, gender, nationality, family history and anything that has nothing to do with the person's ability [on the job]" is a type of discrimination.  These shall are only be discussed when the applicant is comfortable with the topic.  It's not faulty at all, it says "your reply must not question".  If the information is already posted, I don't see how you would question it."

We questioned it before since the information was fake based on previous links of RMS forums. It does have something to do with their ability on the job. Th ability to lie to potential hiring Admins. Some Admins do take age seriously. What happens if I need them to pay for a hoster or do something else that requires them to have a certain age? Then again, I can PM them, but isn't it better to ask for those who were wondering as well in case the person doesn't reply to the PM.

Quote: " "Your reply must be related to the job or the applicant" so .. this is related?  What that has to do with the person's ability on the position?"

I don't quite get... your reply to this o-o. Our replies did have to do with the applicants though. Hence, the contradiction.

Quote: "Or starting a third party matter on someone's application topic."

Um... It wasn't really a third party matter when it has GREATLY to do with the applicant and his/her abilities. Their abilities to ruin a server so easily.

Quote: "
The strict rules on reply are there to govern posts like that.  Nobody wants to post an application and get judged by unknown people left and right that might or might not have a position open, then have the topic dragged miles away about nothing in particular.  If you are the applicant what would you think of this community."

Hm, I don't think unknown people would really post, and we did reach a conclusion about the applicant. If I was the applicant, I would consider what I did in the past and rethink about posting. I wouldn't lie away to start a "new life". Even the person lied in their responses to our responses -if a mod ever read the posts- but that's okay. Everyone's busy. Thus again, it shows how much the applicant is so "suitable" for the job /sarcasm.

Quote: "The section is made for people to hire or get hired.  It's not a playground.  If you are not interested in both sides you shouldn't be posting there."

Lol, what? Our responses probably did help other people (though maybe not so many people should have posted). We... were interested in one side o-o The side where we don't approve of such an application in existence. Sure, some posts were flaming, but other posts were proofs, links, and other important things about the person's past acts and abilities as a "GM".

But yeah, I think it's good to just add "I didn't disagree with not allowing HoS GM/Server in the recruitment section.  It just need to be reported in a way that is not breaking the recruitment guidelines. You can help by making a report to anything you see that is not right.  Just PM any staff or use the report function.  A reply to the topic is not a report, it may or may not get staff attention before it gets buried by other posts" somewhat of these words as a new rule on the guidelines. I do read them all--there are just things we need to get across RMS. Some of us treat these things seriously as you can tell; it's not a playground for us, it's business as I said before. We want to know what we should do to report such applications. I would have pressed "report", but I wouldn't know if the mods would reject it seeing how they thought it was a "normal" application made by some normal player that wants to be a normal GM. I don't kid with such things, so don't assume I didn't read the rules and same with some other people. You'll probably going to get a lot of PMs because of the report button though o-o, but if you say so, we'll be fine with that then. However, the mods must act fast then before the GMs Hall of Shame get hired. It took a while for the mods to even react to "that" application thread.

Tom~

QuoteHowever, the mods must act fast then before the GMs Hall of Shame get hired. It took a while for the mods to even react to "that" application thread.
Yes! A faster reaction would've "saved the day"; but since the topic wasn't seen by the mods, we (yes, I include myself) kept posting against Ac1D.

Yukino

-nods- We understand all mods are busy with other things, but that thread has lasted for days like that, so... xD.

Lol, I agree with the quote in your signature, Tom~ XD.

Then again, posts like these do keep RMS active (sadly and happily).

Tom~

@Offtopic: AWWW I'm a troll?  :'(

But yeah, faster moderation is needed! Mods just need to pay a little bit more attention ;o

@yC, I do like the idea of a... "collection" section; if the topic deserves it, it can later get moved to the HoS. +1

orix1357

For now, could you just add the list of people added in the Hall of Shame as a link stickied on the Recruitment topic? At least when people are looking for staff, they can drop by to check. (Maybe I'm too assuming most people will do that, but hey, it isn't a pain to try, right? :D)
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Lucian

Quote from: orix1357 on Mar 03, 2010, 07:55 PM
For now, could you just add the list of people added in the Hall of Shame as a link stickied on the Recruitment topic? At least when people are looking for staff, they can drop by to check. (Maybe I'm too assuming most people will do that, but hey, it isn't a pain to try, right? :D)
The link to the topic is already there I believe.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Tom~ on Mar 03, 2010, 06:33 PM
But yeah, faster moderation is needed! Mods just need to pay a little bit more attention ;o

Wonderful example:

http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,13817.60.html

Relics

I'll be honest that I barely view that section because drama really doesn't suit me..
I think we're still kind of searching for a mod who'd like to take that job ever since descent doesn't mod that part anymore.

Yukino

Ah, that's okay Relics. Sometimes the dramas there do get heated up really quickly and intensely. Hopefully, you people will find the right person for the job ^^. As long as the other sections are well-maintained. I do still stand up for my suggestions on posting links and such though, and thanks for being honest~

dallii

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 06:37 PM

There are no knowledgeable developers on GloomyRO, and as of today my old GM account was finally removed from the forum but I checked before-hand.. and yeah. There is one chick and one male. and the male is some dumb HUMAN who can't speak english worth a dam. His biggest contribution was a custom prontera theme download, with no warning for over-writing and the context "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW". I think his name was Ycaz or something. I don't remember noticing anyone else.

We have quite a few knowledgeable developers at gloomyro. Please feel free to ignore everything Metafalica says about gloomyro as he is a very disgruntled former employee that was fired, for reasons I wont list here.

Did not mean to interrupt your thread, just trying to make everyone aware of the lies and deceitful things that Met, is saying about our server. Good luck with your thread!

Annihilate

banning HoS GMs from applying is simply giving them more incentive to fabricate personal info to get around the system.

Yukino

Then again, they're already fabricating personal information without being banned. That's why, links provided would be better than having no links at all. They probably won't change IP that often though unless they are really obsessed. So, meh, it depends on which suggestion is being taken into consideration.

Metafalica

Quote from: dallii on Mar 07, 2010, 01:18 AM
Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 06:37 PM

We have quite a few knowledgeable developers at gloomyro. Please feel free to ignore everything Metafalica says about gloomyro as he is a very disgruntled former employee that was fired, for reasons I wont list here.

Did not mean to interrupt your thread, just trying to make everyone aware of the lies and deceitful things that Met, is saying about our server. Good luck with your thread!

I implore RMS to look back on all my posts and give me one instance I was wrong, lied, or was deceitful. Being as I do have friends here, I'm quite sure RMS knows I don't have the time or the energy to waste on fabricating lies for a bad game. Silly goose.

Also, I wasn't fired. I don't know where you got that information. I gave up Delta because I didn't have the time or care anymore, since all of my decisions were being thrown into a consensus and everyone on it was an idiot. But believe what you want. You've already established your reputation on here as being quite blind to reality.

Annihilate

Quote from: Yukino on Mar 07, 2010, 02:43 AM
Then again, they're already fabricating personal information without being banned. That's why, links provided would be better than having no links at all. They probably won't change IP that often though unless they are really obsessed. So, meh, it depends on which suggestion is being taken into consideration.

so whichever way it goes, its kind of, well, pointless.

D:

Yukino

I did say there are flaws, but we do prefer some notification <b>if possible</b>. Like, the previous application before, someone could identify that it was a GM Hall of Shame. Then, action can be taken instead. People won't change IP that much unless, as I said before, they're obsessed, so most of the time, we can probably know if the person is a GM Hall of Shame (mods can tell I presume with IP readings? If not, the Admins can.); thus, something can still be done. Anyways, this is also just to see what the people think about the situation. At least, don't promote such GMs to rewrite applications when people have provided proof that he/she is a GM in the Hall of Shame thread. Hence, it's good (if possible once again), if links can be provided to their past act if anyone finds out what the person did the in past that is reported on RMS forums.

Therefore, we now have a great section for reporting such things: the "Rant and Rave" section. Kudos to yC for taking our suggestions into consideration.