Hall of Shame GMs and Their Applications

Started by Yukino, Mar 01, 2010, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Hall of Shame GMs be able to post new applications here?

Yes!
6 (23.1%)
No.
16 (61.5%)
I don't really mind -I'm not hiring-
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Yukino

What do you people think?

Personally, I think they shouldn't be able to. Obviously, if everyone agrees (and even the mods think so) that those GMs should be in the Hall of Shame, why give them another chance here on RMS forums? As some of you can tell, they can just easily make new forum accounts and apply and perhaps ruin some other servers intentionally/unintentionally. In fact, they can just switch IPs, so they won't get caught. Of course, they can still type on RMS, but I'm suggesting that they shouldn't be able to post GM applications for themselves.

I know it may be hard to maintain and oversee, but it would greatly help other Admins who are unaware of those people's past acts which may resurface again. Attitudes don't change that easily, and past acts cannot be washed away. That's a true fact. Some people don't read the stickied threads as some of you know, so some people don't even know about the Hall of Shame (especially for those first-timers on RMS). The people who like to read drama or just be on RMS forums would understand the acts of these so-called GMs. They are unworthy of this chance; they ruined it the first time they were hired. They lied and ruined other people's fun, so should we allow that to possibly happen again? I'm sure most Admins would say no. Second chances are hard to come by in life, and hiring people is a SERIOUS business. I am unaware of such acts until I read the ENTIRE thread of each person. Some people just don't have that much time to spend and need serious/helpful GMs immediately.

I am not going baseless here. I know that people know about these situations and have thought of what I'm suggesting now (hopefully?). GMs should never lie in their interviews/applications for it is FORMAL business D: I despise those who lie and such and have the excuses like "Oh, I'm too young, so I have to lie about my age" or "I won't get hired for my nationality/ethnicity, so I typed another". It's tiring to see these posts, and it's even more tiring to see them from GMs which have been listed as a Hall of Shame GM. Just one read about one thread and the action taken against that thread irks me and causes me to start this thread. Sure, people can eventually (slowly) change, but I doubt people will change that easily in a course of a few months or less. It'll be nice to know what people think. It's okay if this cannot come into play, but I would like to just suggest this out there.

Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Luna~

Tom~

I thought exactly the same thing when yC junked that thread, and told Ac1D to post another application if he wanted to.
It's just dumb (sorry D: ).

GMs that have been added to the GM HoS should not be able to post a new application. With the GM HoS we are trying to prevent admins from hiring them, but by letting them post another application, you're just making the GM HoS useless.

So...
Quote from: Luna~ on Mar 01, 2010, 09:15 PM
/support

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Yukino

I totally agree with Tom~'s post. Just seeing what happened to that application and the statement of "making a new application is allowed" is just saying that you want the person and other RMS members to go through that again. No point in the GM Hall of Shame if they are not shamed of their past acts. Those GMs wouldn't even care about that thread as you can tell from the re-occurrence of applications. It's been suggested that they should just try posting an application again when they obviously shouldn't (implied by the GM Hall of Shame thread).

Astraliche

I'm here to ask questions, that's it.

Personally, I disagree with this act, second chances are hard to come by, but not impossible. I'm alright with the way that Ac1D's application thread being connected to Moonlight1k, trashed and junked them out. But I disagree with the part where their resumes should not be posted. Most of you may be admins, but there are other peoples as well.

I'd suggest that people can post a link to the thread that directs how their past acts are, but not relive the situation again as if playing the "hit the mole with teh hammerz". The GM HoS, if connected to HoFs, HoF only shows that how people were given such praises for their hard work, it's not like people will relive the fact that he/she is a great GM/Staff in their other account's application, while on the other side, this HoS IMO, would someday be a nail that only needs the spams of users to fall deeper in the head.

I say that they should be allowed to post new applications. But people can reply with a link that refers to their acts that has dropped their reputation. That's all, no flames, no digging old wounds.

...Although, I do like the idea where other people will suggest another person, but I can't seem to find a process where it is applicable unless you talk with staff members and make friends with them.

If HoS should stay, I say trash the whole "resume" threads, post a request for your server looking for staffs and ask them to PM you.

Lastly, It is the choice of the new admins or old to hire those in HoS, or the clean ones. IMO partialism is just bad, but hell, reference reference.

thx for reading, reply?

EDIT: Summary -> more armwork and leg for those people who wants to be a GM, whether they be a new innocent ones, or experienced but shamed. Most players just don't get how the staff works, and keeping Trainees under surveillance through the admin's screen, or under another GMs view (or both of them) should help for those admins who don't have enough time to stay staring at the screen for more than 6 hours a day, and damn server rivalry, let's make fwenz, and ask for reference if your understaffed for this. wow, I intended this to be a line or two.

Relics

the HoS list is considered a tool, I dont think we'll disallow anyone to make an application on this site. After all the one who's searching to hire somebody decides whether to actually hire that person.

Green

I disagree.
It is up to the admin to make the decision as to if they are worth the risk hiring. Not us.

'Sides, some people like it rough. =P

Yukino

At Astraliche: If players can link people to their past acts, you know that there will be player bashing, and then a mod would remove the application and tell them to remake one again. The loop is unending.

At Relics: It is a tool, but it's an unused tool unless someone make notice of it on someone's application. Hence, the player bashing starts once again.

At Green: Perhaps... some people like it rough, but not to the extent of ruining the server's population and even the server's ability to stay online.

Or better yet, if people switch forum accounts, can a mod or someone make a notice of who they were if they are on the GM Hall of Shame? As you could tell, from the previous application, that he switched forum names and nobody knew until Luna helped notify us.

Perhaps they can type applications, but I would like it if they have links to their past acts (for those who are in the GM Hall of Shame) posted by a mod. Don't make a player post it... since it'll cause a commotion as I stated before. You all know it always happens.

Edit: I wouldn't like to be lied to for their applications, but it's sometimes really hard to tell. Therefore, I would like to be notified if they had done something bad in the past or something that's listed on RMS about them. I wouldn't let them go care-free. That's my suggestion as well. They can change IP and make new forum accounts so easily and trick other people. You've seen it happened probably already. Maybe PMing is okay since that's on a personal level, but posting applications right off for the public... I would reconsider and think about it. Perhaps some Admins think that RMS people can be trustworthy as so many people read each poster's posts? And if there are no comments, they would think the person is "acceptable." Anyways, perhaps there can be some way to incorporate some of my suggestions (above ^^^) or just stop the dishonest applications. Seriously, I wouldn't have known what "that" person did if it weren't for the links and connections made by a -person- (not mod) on RMS. I wouldn't like to hire a person who has such a bad RO history... it may cause drama for me or other people to hire them and get criticized and warned for doing so.

Tom~

QuoteI wouldn't like to hire a person who has such a bad RO history... it may cause drama for me or other people to hire them and get criticized and warned for doing so.
I agree with that part the most.
Exile got hired on GloomyRO, and a guy wanted to add Dallii (the admin) to the HoS because of that. Unnecessary drama, i'd say.

Tom~

Lol, yeah.
A guy posted on Exile's report, but his post got deleted lol. The post said that Exile is a developer on Gloomy, and that GloomyRO's admin should be added to the HoS for hiring him.

Metafalica

There are no knowledgeable developers on GloomyRO, and as of today my old GM account was finally removed from the forum but I checked before-hand.. and yeah. There is one chick and one male. and the male is some dumb HUMAN who can't speak english worth a dam. His biggest contribution was a custom prontera theme download, with no warning for over-writing and the context "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW". I think his name was Ycaz or something. I don't remember noticing anyone else.

Astraliche

@Yukino : It's not like anyone will link themselves to the HoS, isn't it? It's the Internet after all.

I still stay at "ban all resumes", but banning resumes doesn't really change anything much IMO, it actually makes it easier for those in HoS to pass.

It's not that I don't agree to Yukino's idea, but it's still easy to sneak through it, It'll be nice if there is theory to explain how it works, because I think I lack information on the method that I still see loopholes through it.

btw, it will be nice if the one with the pink font to start displaying a theory as well. 1% of pinoys speak english fluently, and with respect. I'd love not to club the 1% to the 99%. If the thread's gonna go gloomy all of the sudden, I know who's to blame. Make a thread?

I see no theory that can detect a HoS member when they changed IP addresses, if I was in HoS, I sure know how to sneak pass without posting here, in fact, I'm pretty sure many has.

thx for the time, enlighten? Oh, now I think Ac1D deserved it, hope he gets smart soon. Why can't we just dump the link in the suspicious thread? If the thread-starter would want to show the difference between this guy and that guy, he can always reply there. I say what Luna did was right, as long as it was proven right.

yC

tl dr except the title.

It's the same problem all over again, GM in the HoS can take on a different name, gender, form at any place, any time when they want to be hired.  You can't exactly prevent them.

Well, hmm nobody care to take the time to report that the application is from a GM in the HoS and shall be removed before the 3 pages non sense outbreak came along.  All I see was something shouldn't happen in the recruitment section according to the sectional guidelines and it happened.

Tom~

Luna provided proofs before all the non-sense started. I even recall a mod posting on the topic itself... I'm not sure, as i've stated multiple times lately, my memory fails.

So yeah, can't say it's our fault, when the topic lasted 1~2 weeks after the proofs were provided.