Hall of Shame GMs and Their Applications

Started by Yukino, Mar 01, 2010, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Hall of Shame GMs be able to post new applications here?

Yes!
6 (23.1%)
No.
16 (61.5%)
I don't really mind -I'm not hiring-
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

orix1357

For now, could you just add the list of people added in the Hall of Shame as a link stickied on the Recruitment topic? At least when people are looking for staff, they can drop by to check. (Maybe I'm too assuming most people will do that, but hey, it isn't a pain to try, right? :D)
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Lucian

Quote from: orix1357 on Mar 03, 2010, 07:55 PM
For now, could you just add the list of people added in the Hall of Shame as a link stickied on the Recruitment topic? At least when people are looking for staff, they can drop by to check. (Maybe I'm too assuming most people will do that, but hey, it isn't a pain to try, right? :D)
The link to the topic is already there I believe.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Tom~ on Mar 03, 2010, 06:33 PM
But yeah, faster moderation is needed! Mods just need to pay a little bit more attention ;o

Wonderful example:

http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,13817.60.html
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Relics

I'll be honest that I barely view that section because drama really doesn't suit me..
I think we're still kind of searching for a mod who'd like to take that job ever since descent doesn't mod that part anymore.

Yukino

Ah, that's okay Relics. Sometimes the dramas there do get heated up really quickly and intensely. Hopefully, you people will find the right person for the job ^^. As long as the other sections are well-maintained. I do still stand up for my suggestions on posting links and such though, and thanks for being honest~
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

dallii

Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 06:37 PM

There are no knowledgeable developers on GloomyRO, and as of today my old GM account was finally removed from the forum but I checked before-hand.. and yeah. There is one chick and one male. and the male is some dumb HUMAN who can't speak english worth a dam. His biggest contribution was a custom prontera theme download, with no warning for over-writing and the context "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW". I think his name was Ycaz or something. I don't remember noticing anyone else.

We have quite a few knowledgeable developers at gloomyro. Please feel free to ignore everything Metafalica says about gloomyro as he is a very disgruntled former employee that was fired, for reasons I wont list here.

Did not mean to interrupt your thread, just trying to make everyone aware of the lies and deceitful things that Met, is saying about our server. Good luck with your thread!

Annihilate

banning HoS GMs from applying is simply giving them more incentive to fabricate personal info to get around the system.

Yukino

Then again, they're already fabricating personal information without being banned. That's why, links provided would be better than having no links at all. They probably won't change IP that often though unless they are really obsessed. So, meh, it depends on which suggestion is being taken into consideration.

Metafalica

Quote from: dallii on Mar 07, 2010, 01:18 AM
Quote from: Metafalica on Mar 02, 2010, 06:37 PM

There are no knowledgeable developers on GloomyRO, and as of today my old GM account was finally removed from the forum but I checked before-hand.. and yeah. There is one chick and one male. and the male is some dumb HUMAN who can't speak english worth a dam. His biggest contribution was a custom prontera theme download, with no warning for over-writing and the context "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW". I think his name was Ycaz or something. I don't remember noticing anyone else.

We have quite a few knowledgeable developers at gloomyro. Please feel free to ignore everything Metafalica says about gloomyro as he is a very disgruntled former employee that was fired, for reasons I wont list here.

Did not mean to interrupt your thread, just trying to make everyone aware of the lies and deceitful things that Met, is saying about our server. Good luck with your thread!

I implore RMS to look back on all my posts and give me one instance I was wrong, lied, or was deceitful. Being as I do have friends here, I'm quite sure RMS knows I don't have the time or the energy to waste on fabricating lies for a bad game. Silly goose.

Also, I wasn't fired. I don't know where you got that information. I gave up Delta because I didn't have the time or care anymore, since all of my decisions were being thrown into a consensus and everyone on it was an idiot. But believe what you want. You've already established your reputation on here as being quite blind to reality.

Annihilate

Quote from: Yukino on Mar 07, 2010, 02:43 AM
Then again, they're already fabricating personal information without being banned. That's why, links provided would be better than having no links at all. They probably won't change IP that often though unless they are really obsessed. So, meh, it depends on which suggestion is being taken into consideration.

so whichever way it goes, its kind of, well, pointless.

D:

Yukino

I did say there are flaws, but we do prefer some notification <b>if possible</b>. Like, the previous application before, someone could identify that it was a GM Hall of Shame. Then, action can be taken instead. People won't change IP that much unless, as I said before, they're obsessed, so most of the time, we can probably know if the person is a GM Hall of Shame (mods can tell I presume with IP readings? If not, the Admins can.); thus, something can still be done. Anyways, this is also just to see what the people think about the situation. At least, don't promote such GMs to rewrite applications when people have provided proof that he/she is a GM in the Hall of Shame thread. Hence, it's good (if possible once again), if links can be provided to their past act if anyone finds out what the person did the in past that is reported on RMS forums.

Therefore, we now have a great section for reporting such things: the "Rant and Rave" section. Kudos to yC for taking our suggestions into consideration.