Hall of... Fame?

Started by Astonica, May 09, 2009, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astonica

I'm a newbie here, so I'm not really sure if this thread belongs here. But anyway..

As the title implies, actually this is more like a question than a suggestion. I'm wondering about why do we have the hall of shame section, but no hall of fame? In my opinion, it will be a great reference for players to choose the server(s) they want to play in. I believe looking through all of the server reviews will tire the players even before playing. The hall of fame will be able to solve this simple but vital problem.

If this has ever been discussed before, I apologize. No offense. =)

Shinn

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Hutchy

Very good idea, I just think the thing would end up empty. XD

Astonica

Well, I understand that it is easier to look at the cons of a server rather than the pros. Still, there are servers out there which are standing through the competition (a tight one, I must say, as there are a lot of RO private servers). I am not going to mention any names, but they deserve some kind of... Awards? Rewards? I can't find the correct word,please forgive my bad English. XD
Or maybe instead of the hall of fame, we can have the award system. But this will be more difficult to implement, as we know well that most private servers used similar resources. There is no way we can have a Most Innovative Feature when almost all servers share the same 'unique' features. In addition, award system is more subjective than hall of fame, IMO.
My, I'm sorry for babbling all time. >.<

Cielte

LiteX

Could work, or could end up being abused, only one way to find out, I agree with TC
ライテ‐エクス

LemonCrosswalk

I nominate myself to be an admin of just that section so I can move threads OUT of it, since god knows there will be a bunch of them.

Cielte

Not if you make it so only admin/mods can move 'em there.

Zelos

Sounds good with Raine's idea.

Symbiote

Eh. I really don't think this would be a good idea, seeing as how it's all based on opinions, and it's a serious advertisement ploy. "Fame" warranting things are up for discussion, whereas the lines to be crossed for being labeled a corrupt/shameful server are pretty clear, and only up for discussion in some positions.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

horo

I do think it would be a good for players to read about well regarded servers, but then I agree with Symbiote about it being an advertisement ploy and some people would try their darndest to get their server in there no matter what.

yC

I think it will end up being the third place for server advertisement after the advertisement board and the review board.

Cielte

Quote from: ღ Raine ღ on May 09, 2009, 01:19 PM
Not if you make it so only admin/mods can move 'em there.

Astonica

Well, yea, it can be abused, but if it is made so only admin/mods can move the appropriate topics there (as Raine suggested), I think it will be able to reduce the chances to minimal, unless the mod of the board is bribed and corrupt. No, I'm not accusing anyone here, I only want to state the risk.
It's just too bad that some servers that deserve recognition are wiped by the infamous servers.

Frost

I rather like this idea, but I also want to know as to how a server gets into the Hall of fame.

What are they awarded for? Most friendly opinions? Most activity? Highest rating?
Finding someone to judge the server is also a difficult task. Either way we need to find a "Simon Cowell" to do the job if it was to ever happen.
Oh look! Something to occupy myself while I leave you alone to your own stupidity!