Hall of... Fame?

Started by Astonica, May 09, 2009, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A92FL0163

QuoteThere is no way we can have a Most Innovative Feature when almost all servers share the same 'unique' features.

There is a few deeply customized servers.

Astonica

Exactly, that is why the hall of fame can give those creative servers the fame they need. =)
I just realized that this system may change RO newcomers image's of private servers. =D

Scars

Quote from: ღ Raine ღ on May 09, 2009, 05:18 PM
Quote from: ღ Raine ღ on May 09, 2009, 01:19 PM
Not if you make it so only admin/mods can move 'em there.

Doesn't change anything, we already have many complaints regarding admin/staff behavior, will only make things worst for them. It is a good idea, but I would have done it differently.

What would really sickens me most is the fact that RMS Forum's opinion on a server is less and less "matters" in the Ragnarok world due to loss of credibility and lack of new users,  and for them to be playing with a new "fame" category would be like seeing a small group of people "faming" the servers thinking their opinion "MATTERS".

Astonica as you are a new user at RMS forum, you probably feel something like "WoW RMS, the biggest Ragnarok server review community. They have in depth reviews and players personal ratings on most of the server, they must be an important part of the Ragnarok world!" Most people would think that, where as the Ratemyserver website itself is decent and arguably well respected, but the truth is, RMS forum is one big joke due to all the drama and lack of leadership that is going on here and there is no denying that, if anyone think otherwise, do prove me wrong.

What I am suggesting is before we make a new category, strengthen the forum administration first, and recover the credibility of the forum, because currently most of the forum is consist of nothing but dramas,
-people b**** about server they play on,
-people advertise their own server on reviews, and get b**** on for advertising,
-loyal pets/gms jumped in to defend their admin/server
-Other people jump in for the fun of it

Most of the active users here if not all is only here for their own fun, not because they care about Ragnarok, in fact most of them love to say its dying, definitely not because they care about RMS that would be the biggest LOL, they here to see a drama where a server or some one, or a staff member screwed up so they have something to laugh about, and they call all the other users to laugh at them together.

Do I blame them? absolutely not, in fact I was and more or less still one of them just sometimes I don't bother anymore, I blame it entirely on how the forum is being run.

Hey maybe I am crazy, maybe I expect too much, maybe its perfectly fine the way it is.
If that's the case then alright I'll play it your way, I don't really have any problem with it.
I just feel that RMS forum can be much bigger and matters much more then its current state.

Cheers.

Hutchy

I never thought I would say this, but...

Word, Scars. Word.

LiteX

Quote from: Hutchy on May 10, 2009, 03:02 AM
I never thought I would say this, but...

Word, Scars. Word.

He's kind of right, I mean, if server X gets in that section then this will end up happening:
User A hates xRO and start calling the admins "biased"
User B loves xRO and starts a flame war against user A

In other words, adding a server to the hall of fame could end up cueing flame wars, it could also go like this, players would rate the server on the ads topic, the one with the highest rates would win, and make it required to have X number of posts to post there, It would be pretty much just like the review system RMS has now, It's up to Riotblade/yC to decide this.
ライテ‐エクス

horo

Good post Scars, there's definitely a huge rift between the RMS site and its forums, and the biggest asset of the forums is to police the main sites' review section.

Most reviews on the forums are written by barely literate players and morons trying to advertise their server unfortunately, which I think is the main problem. People jump on those topics, arguments ensue, the topic gets canned, rinse and repeat.

Astonica

This is just a suggestion, after all. I'm not being forceful about this. None said that I'm being arrogant and bossy, but I believe it's better if I clarify this one before anyone starts attacking me. >_< Sorry for being paranoid.
I'm very grateful that you responded to me, despite the fact that I'm still new to the forums.
I really appreciate your post, Scars. Now that I think about it, it is true that I haven't seen much of this community, since I'm new and all. Therefore I have to admit that I actually suggested this due to several reviews I've read in the RMS site (not the forums).
Now that I've already explored more, I found out that some of the reviews posted here are... shocking. I mean, it shocked me that actually someone dared to write a review with that kind of... attitude. I'm not bashing anyone here, just want to clarify.
Maybe my suggestion about the hall of fame will work better when the condition is different.

So the answer is no according to what most people stated, if I'm not mistaken? I'm waiting for a final statement from the staff. :)

LemonCrosswalk

If a hall of fame section opened up, I doubt there would be much left in the server review thread itself. From what I have seen, bad reviews move into the hall of shame 80% of the time anyway. So the good (brown nosing) reviews would be moved to the hall of fame?

yC

Quote from: Astonica on May 10, 2009, 06:26 AM
Maybe my suggestion about the hall of fame will work better when the condition is different.

That's right.  Right now, we have a bunch of people that does nothing all day but to bash review of any kind in this forum.  We need to fix that first.

Scars

This is just a suggestion, after all. I'm not being forceful about this. None said that I'm being arrogant and bossy, but I believe it's better if I clarify this one before anyone starts attacking me. >_< Sorry for being paranoid.
I'm very grateful that you responded to me, despite the fact that I'm still new to the forums.
I really appreciate your post, Scars. Now that I think about it, it is true that I haven't seen much of this community, since I'm new and all. Therefore I have to admit that I actually suggested this due to several reviews I've read in the RMS site (not the forums).
Now that I've already explored more, I found out that some of the reviews posted here are... shocking. I mean, it shocked me that actually someone dared to write a review with that kind of... attitude. I'm not bashing anyone here, just want to clarify.

So the answer is no according to what most people stated, if I'm not mistaken? I'm waiting for a final statement from the staff. :)

As I said it is nevertheless a good suggestion, I am just telling you the bigger picture and the problems this forum has which in my opinion makes your suggestion a bad idea for this forum right now.

No offense whatsoever intended.

@yC

YOU need to fix it  :P

fluidin

And that is the reason why I only post in the Ragnarok Online sub-forum. (Heck, I'm not spared from it all, with all those players who don't use search, but at least I ignore them)

Most of the other sub-forums degrade my intelligence.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Descent

Quote from: yC on May 10, 2009, 03:27 PM

That's right.  Right now, we have a bunch of people that does nothing all day but to bash review of any kind in this forum.  We need to fix that first.

Right, because the reviewers are innocent when they turn them into ads, or flip out when somebody doesn't jump up and say "BEST SERVER EVER".

Don't you start this game again, yC. You know damn well who's to blame, and I'm getting tired of watching you single out and attack certain users. Either get it straight or not at all.

LiteX

Quote from: Descent on May 14, 2009, 09:31 AM
Quote from: yC on May 10, 2009, 03:27 PM

Right, because the reviewers are innocent when they turn them into ads, or flip out when somebody doesn't jump up and say "BEST SERVER EVER".

Don't you start this game again, yC. You know damn well who's to blame, and I'm getting tired of watching you single out and attack certain users. Either get it straight or not at all.

OPINIONS-Considered declerations of war on the internet.
ライテ‐エクス

Astonica

I've never thought that my simple suggestion turned out into a quite big topic. To be honest, I feel honored.
Seems like.. It had never been proposed before?
Another question that still lingers in my head is, why do people really like to submit 'trashy' (reviews) in RMS just to gain fame or to blame other servers? For their own server's popularity?

LiteX

Quote from: Astonica on May 14, 2009, 10:16 AM
I've never thought that my simple suggestion turned out into a quite big topic. To be honest, I feel honored.
Seems like.. It had never been proposed before?
Another question that still lingers in my head is, why do people really like to submit 'trashy' (reviews) in RMS just to gain fame or to blame other servers? For their own server's popularity?

Simple, because they don't think on the consequences and they guess that it will make their server "stand out"(The truth is this, but in a negative way)
ライテ‐エクス