Server Features & Server rates - question

Started by Ember, Apr 02, 2009, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember

Good day to y'all,

First of all, let me start by saying that i'm new to the forums (my post count spoils it for me, doesnt it =( ), and that i'm not 100% sure this is in the right section. If it isnt, then i presume someone will be as kind as to put it in the right place.

As for my real question.
Let me start by explaining what brought me to ask this question here.

After playing some random servers, i finally wanted to play a real server again. Best place to find out about old and new servers, is still RMS server lists. I've noticed a few things changed there (i havent been checking those pages for over a year now i think), and even though the system was awesome, it still missed something of the sort for me.

The "Server Feature" part has quite a few 'unique' things in there (which are ironically all marked for 90%+ of the servers in there), while there is oh-so-little room for the actual server features.
I illustrate:
While moving myself from server to server, i fell on a pretty amazing system on one server. They introduced some kind of system, where the amount of votes influences the "donation system". They have a completely build-in system that allows you to play minigames. Those minigames will give you certain points, and you can exchange those points for some kind of donation points. The rate of exchanging these points is purely based on the voting behaviour of the entire server. The final product, the "donation points" are things you can use to buy certain items, that are available through donating (the actual donation of money to the server, to help them maintain the server). This way non-donators can get donation items too, while it is not the dumb Vote'n'recieve we all know.
Even more awkward, the same voting system is being used to determine the rate of the server. The more the community votes, the higher the rates go (with an exp-rate cap ofcourse ... to illustrate, it is a 5/5/3 server, that can go to a 8/8/3 server)

Now you probably wonder "well, what's your question then?".
I presume this isnt the only server that has this system. I assume it is some kind of new eA-built plugin, which means that more servers will start to use this.
RMS on the other hand doesnt show the minimum and maximum rates of the servers, which might be important to people i'd guess. together with RMS not having this system in their "Feature List". Was this left out on purpose? or am i just too fast asking this? :o

You might say "hey, every server can write a bit about themselves on their own RMS page". Well, true ofcourse, but i dont think a lot of people actually have enough room to "sell" themselves there i think.

Nonetheless, Will there be room for dynamic XP rates on the RMS-server pages? and will more 'features' be added, so people have a better time browsing the server lists?

Thanks for your time :/
Ember~

DeePee

yC

I have been thinking of adding the cart/item/mvp rate fields somewhere, but that's about it.

I agree your server is kinda of unusually unique, doing one thing for a small number of servers is not efficient to my standard I am afraid.  So I can only suggest the "hey, every server can write a bit about themselves on their own RMS page" way. 

I can't think of a name for that feature you named but that's irrelevant.  I don't want anything too specific on the feature list.  It's mean to be a general thing (i know some of them are useless ... gay marriage lol can't think of anything else at the time of making ... and too late to change it).  If it's made for specific features the list will be pretty long since server has unique features here and there.  I hope you understand.

Ember

okay, sure i can understand that /ok

Would it at least be possible to increase the size of the "write a bit about yourself" ?

Pandora

I would welcome that suggestion if it's not too much trouble of course, more text space please! :D
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

yC

500~ is little? ... really what you wanna put on it?   ;D