More ways to Search Items

Started by pterryz, Aug 15, 2010, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pterryz

Sometimes we are looking for items (specifically weapons) with certain innate property, or to search items that are only droppable by monsters, and search items which are also buyable in NPCs.

Maybe it's a good idea to include in the search items by:
Droppable, Buyable, Property.

On the other hand, is it possible that the RMS could also expand Skill search just like what you did to the Item Search?
Search by ID, Name, Type (active/passive), Class (1st,2nd,3rd,Trans), Description, Selection (self/player/enemy/area), Max Level, SP Cost, Attack Property, Cast Time, After Cast Delay

(Note: I didn't include Job, since we could just go to skill database and go to the skills DB of each Job)

yC

I answered before the droppable / buyable are harder to do at the current state and will add it later.

Property search for item could be impossible or inaccurate because the item's property is buried in the item script.  There is not a column that defines a property.  The item property section we have in the item db are from the item description files only.  If the item description missed the property tag it will not shown at all.  So it is better to read the description of the item to find out if an item have a property or not.

A simple skill search form is a nice idea.  I thought about it sometime but see not many people would use it because most people use skill base on their branch.  I could add it to my note but can't say for sure when i'll get to make one.... There's a lot of things I noted to do and haven't got to them yet ><.

pterryz

Hmmm, as I've observed, currently we can search an item through item script. Those with some knowledge with item scripts, have some ideas on how to search for an item with a type of property. This can be done by seaching in the item script this:
bonus bAtkEle,Ele_<element>.
Such as searching for: bonus bAtkEle,Ele_Dark: will display items which have innate Dark property.

So I think you could use that. Just create a drop down list box in that case would help you create a search query for a property, for those novice searchers.

Btw, is there a page where we could see a "list of to-do" or an FAQ page. Just like you said you already answered one of my questions previously. Maybe guiding me to that page will help me know what are the future updates.

Thank you!