Character's limit.

Started by Tom~, Jul 24, 2010, 02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

Since you updated the review system, i'm having a hard time trying to write decent reviews for the servers I have played. This is because of the implementation of "Donations" and "Customization". I just feel that the limit is too low-- 500 characters was okay before you updated the system. So, can you please increase it to 600? I know that lots of people don't even bother to write decent reviews, but for those who do, it would be useful.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Cheese Time

yessss this is a must :< i am constantly running out of characters when writing a review and always have to shorten something .-.

Immortal

I agree... more would be nice.  And increase the owner reply to match.

yC

The "Donations" and "Customization" data are shown in group rather than individually.  The implementation does not mean to affect the review content at all.  For that reason, the limit of 500 chars stays the same.  For any review longer than that we always recommend to do it in the forum.  

The 500 chars is already over the limit we initially had, we don't plan to increase this limit any further.  Otherwise it will be too much to read for those that don't expect long reviews at the site.  The site reviews are meant to be brief but not too brief that the scores are totally unexplained or can be considered spam.

Cheese Time, looking at your reviews linked with your email you do have at least two lines of spaces you can write in a majority of them.  You even have space to leave your char name at once.  Why are you saying that?

Cheese Time

D: actually i dont know why, but when i was reading, he said 500, but on my thingie it always says 300 q_q

edit: nvm it says 500 haha lolz, i still find myself taking out words fro my reviews

Warock

500 is more than enough according to me you cannot have a one page long reviews on the site as users clicking on the review should get a glance of how many player have reviewed ie over all reviews so its better review short and clean RMS has provided facility to review more on forums that better thing to do
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

Tom~

Quote from: Warock on Jul 27, 2010, 04:38 AM
500 is more than enough according to me you cannot have a one page long reviews on the site as users clicking on the review should get a glance of how many player have reviewed ie over all reviews so its better review short and clean RMS has provided facility to review more on forums that better thing to do
I never asked for one page. I asked for 600 characters.

@yC: Kay.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Warock

Now only reviews are long adding 100 words would elongate more i think review should short and clear :-[
My guild has joined the event to become world champions in the ragnarok world have you? Click here know more

jogradz1225

Quote from: Warock on Jul 27, 2010, 02:25 PM

Now only reviews are long adding 100 words would elongate more i think review should short and clear :-[
after all, it is a review, not a novel ^_^ reviews should be concise as not to spoil the new prospect players. if you give all the information away, it won't be healthy for the server, no one would visit the official sites anymore and just rely on reviews to know if its a good / balanced / crappy / great / best / worst / or just the perfect server for them.