Cross Index for Some Equipments/Items

Started by Detta, Mar 14, 2010, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Detta

I've noticed that sometimes when I search, I don't get the results that I expect. It took me some time to find out that Thin Blade (name as it appears on the item) dropped by Aliot is listed as Curved Blade (Item #13405). Another example is the Luna Kaleet (name as it appears on the item) dropped by Tatacho is listed as Lunakaligo.

I think a cross index for items like this would make your search engine more user friendly. :)

yC

Back in the days ... when eAthena have the latest kRO update on items (server side).  The item description files (client side) can't catch up on them. 

So it was out of the question to use the client side files' item name in the db as it would result it missing items or missing name ... so the main name for items are all based on eAthena's item db. -- that was how we chosen it technically from years ago point of view.

Up until now, I think eA slowed down and possibly reversed the trend.  I'll note down your suggestion and try to include the item desc name in the () in the next run.

Detta

Thanks for considering my suggestion! :)