Theft from other servers
0 (0%)
Both
15 (65.2%)
Neither
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

LemonCrosswalk

It was brought up before and I was curious to see admin/player opinion on adding things to the ToS.

1) Servers seem to be advertising underhandedly on other servers. Should this be terms for making them loose their listing?

2) Reports of servers stealing custom layouts (claiming them as their own), custom items not released to the public, maps, and grfs. Depending on how bad the situation is (on admin discretion since it can range from small minor things to large rip offs), should they loose their listing privilege?

Lost~Dreams

I would like to see both of those Added to the ToS. Both of them are more and more common now days

[color=green]Your/You're.

I did ask to keep this thread clean and mature.., don't go there by bypassing the filter + calling people names.

456450456884649856 day warn Ps. I love you Lost~Dreams -Relics[/color]

Hutchy

Orange

Hutchy, If you think about it it would stop (some) people from doing it, Since a lot don't really care about having a bad rep on RMS as long as their server is listed :/

Anyways, hall of shame is enough for these but I ain't objecting to having them in.
:3

Ezl

Rate my server is just a list for servers, why should it try and monopolize what other servers' do? Sure, control the reviewers, but stealing, advertising? What's next, what names we can use? what npc's we can use? What admins we can hire. Which hand I can scratch my ass with? Naw.

It's unnecessary, and quite frankly adding more rules is just a hindrance.

Descent

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 26, 2009, 10:11 PM
Rate my server is just a list for servers, why should it try and monopolize what other servers' do? Sure, control the reviewers, but stealing, advertising? What's next, what names we can use? what npc's we can use? What admins we can hire. Which hand I can scratch my ass with? Naw.

It's unnecessary, and quite frankly adding more rules is just a hindrance.

It doesn't, but when a review system and linking help servers, breaking the ToS removes that other form of advertising for them.

Loki

Stealing of sprites mods and customs have gone way overboard. Can't do anything about this.

I say yes to advertising.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Newly

You really can't say much about server's "stealing" idea's and layout's.

If you remember Gravity own's everything we pretty much use in  a server.

Therefore we should all be delisted from RMS.

Advertiseing on other server's? Yes i think it should be in the ToS.

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: Newly on Jun 27, 2009, 01:09 AM
You really can't say much about server's "stealing" idea's and layout's.

If you remember Gravity own's everything we pretty much use in  a server.

Therefore we should all be delisted from RMS.

Advertiseing on other server's? Yes i think it should be in the ToS.
Since this is going to start another copyright fight probably, I am just going to link this arguing about copyrights thread here to save some clutter in the post.

Newly

LiteX

Stealing material?
Yeah, so Admins would hire spriters and scripters instead of stealing content.

Advertisements?
Hell no! There would be e-peens that would just advertise xRO on yRO just to get xRO kicked out the server listing.
ライテ‐エクス

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 01:39 AM
Stealing material?

Advertisements?
Hell no! There would be e-peens that would just advertise xRO on yRO just to get xRO kicked out the server listing.
They'd have to show proof on the forums it's being encouraged.

LiteX

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Jun 27, 2009, 01:53 AM
Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 01:39 AM
Stealing material?

Advertisements?
They'd have to show proof on the forums it's being encouraged.

Hmmm... Then I think it would work, I thought you meant "mentioning xRO on yRO such of thing", but if the Admin is REALLY encouraging people to do this then yeah, I agree, but aside from BogusRO (Which is a troll server), I don't think this happens THAT often...aside from that GloomyRO incident of course...so I agree both!
ライテ‐エクス

Green

I voted yes too both, but I am assuming when we say "customs" with mean -very- exclusive ones, with massive proof of the artist of them.

Orange

Quote from: Green on Jun 27, 2009, 03:16 AM
I voted yes too both, but I am assuming when we say "customs" with mean -very- exclusive ones, with massive proof of the artist of them.

I'd let items slide, But if a server steals entire custom maps and stuff, well they should get booted :/ Not enough people that are joining servers check HoS so it's not really going to discourage many people right now.
:3

LiteX

Quote from: Orange on Jun 27, 2009, 03:34 AM
Quote from: Green on Jun 27, 2009, 03:16 AM

I'd let items slide, But if a server steals entire custom maps and stuff, well they should get booted :/ Not enough people that are joining servers check HoS so it's not really going to discourage many people right now.

The HoS isn't really a discouragement, it's more or less the flame&rant section of RMS, why will few people ignore the servers in HoS?

1) They don't understand english
2) They don't give a damn about server-related ethics
3) They think "Oh, this server has more content because they stole it so I wanna play more content"

And many other reasons
ライテ‐エクス

Amayax

I agree with both, mostly because I've been hit with both recently, and because it is just common knowledge not to steal someone elses property/possessions yet that does not stop most people..

If this does get added in..I say expect more server reports, HoS, and Soap Opera material.

Hutchy

*shrug*

If someone steals, let someone attempt to take legal action against them. That'll shame them enough.

Advertising on other servers will rarely get anyone players, in my experience. But if proof is found that the admin or staff is condoning this, that's HoS worthy, imo.

Ezl

Quote from: Descent on Jun 27, 2009, 12:43 AM

It doesn't, but when a review system and linking help servers, breaking the ToS removes that other form of advertising for them.

So who's deciding this "help", you guys? You guys are just little pups, I would not put much faith in your discretion or aptitude in handling any cases. It's leaving too much power with a simple review website. Perhaps you guys can also make a rule about how many fingers I can use when typing?

A lad' back there brought up a good point, how do you punish an admin, when ANYONE could of done the spamming? The proof you ask for is nearly impossible, proven internet identity is almost impossible. (lol)

Maybe you guys should make more rules for your staff. That I endorse.

Hutchy

Excuse me, I am a kitten, not a pup.

LiteX

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 12:15 PM
Quote from: Descent on Jun 27, 2009, 12:43 AM

So who's deciding this "help", you guys? You guys are just little pups, I would not put much faith in your discretion or aptitude in handling any cases. It's leaving too much power with a simple review website. Perhaps you guys can also make a rule about how many fingers I can use when typing?

A lad' back there brought up a good point, how do you punish an admin, when ANYONE could of done the spamming? The proof you ask for is nearly impossible, proven internet identity is almost impossible. (lol)

Maybe you guys should make more rules for your staff. That I endorse.

Most people here agree on making both of these against the ToS, by advertising they mean the head Admin encouraging people doing it, by "leaving this much power on a review website" does it mean yC can shut down your servers? No, then you should let yC do whatever she wants with RMS...
ライテ‐エクス

Ezl

Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 12:34 PM

Most people here agree on making both of these against the ToS, by advertising they mean the head Admin encouraging people doing it, by "leaving this much power on a review website" does it mean yC can shut down your servers? No, then you should let yC do whatever she wants with RMS...

You kinda contradicted yourself here, "liteX" IF yC can't shut down the servers, whats the point of adding a s*** of rules? Other than annoyance. Rate my Server has alot of power in promoting servers, I suggest you guys try not to abuse it.

I've never seen a Reviewer' try to control what other's output, if a Movie critique tried that s***, he'd be shut down faster than Micheal Jackson's heart attack. Also, it's in your best interest to not try controling other servers, usually when that happens a certain douche gets just upset enough to make his own "rate my server". Not that I'm accusing you of deliberately being jackasses. I'm just saying.

Hutchy

LiteX

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 01:58 PM
Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 12:34 PM

You kinda contradicted yourself here, "liteX" IF yC can't shut down the servers, whats the point of adding a s*** of rules? Other than annoyance. Rate my Server has alot of power in promoting servers, I suggest you guys try not to abuse it.

I've never seen a Reviewer' try to control what other's output, if a Movie critique tried that s***, he'd be shut down faster than Micheal Jackson's heart attack. Also, it's in your best interest to not try controling other servers, usually when that happens a certain douche gets just upset enough to make his own "rate my server". Not that I'm accusing you of deliberately being jackasses. I'm just saying.

Please, these rules are made to keep an order around here, RMS is supposed to be a place with fairness, in otherwords no bribing and s***, these rules are to keep a certain fairness such as servers will not be able to do dishonest things and crap, this is NOT about reviewers closing servers, what the girls said about advertising is Admins encouraging advertsement on other servers, this rules do NOT involve reviewers, it involves Admins and the ethics line.
ライテ‐エクス

Ezl

WHO are you to dictate ethics? I'm sorry but YOU GUYS DO NOT HAVE any footings, any bearings, any smidgen amount of knowledge of ethics. WHO are you to be preaching to others what they SHOULD and SHOULD not do? . ETHICS? What do you KNOW of ethics? TALK ABOUT ETHICS?

THY SHALL NOT BE A CONDESCENDING ASSHOLE.

If anyone tried to make some kind of "ethics Rules" can you imagine how trite that is? Because YOU guys say so it's against the rules? Wow. Listen, none of you' can part the red sea, so you definitely not Jesus of Ragnarok.

And fairness? I'm sure you try to be balanced and fair, but just like Fox news it's little less than a front as I've seen all around the forums how this Staff operates.
What you guys are suggesting is being some kind of universal Government for illegal private server's.

NO. If Ragnarok the ACTUAL makers of the game can't come up with "private server rules" why in SWEET HEAVENS do you believe it's your occupation to reign over them?

Ethic lines, you can really just find my ass and lick it.

LiteX

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 03:04 PM
WHO are you to dictate ethics? I'm sorry but YOU GUYS DO NOT HAVE any footings, any bearings, any smidgen amount of knowledge of ethics. WHO are you to be preaching to others what they SHOULD and SHOULD not do? . ETHICS? What do you KNOW of ethics? TALK ABOUT ETHICS?

THY SHALL NOT BE A CONDESCENDING ASSHOLE.

If anyone tried to make some kind of "ethics Rules" can you imagine how trite that is? Because YOU guys say so it's against the rules? Wow. Listen, none of you' can part the red sea, so you definitely not Jesus of Ragnarok.

And fairness? I'm sure you try to be balanced and fair, but just like Fox news it's little less than a front as I've seen all around the forums how this Staff operates.
What you guys are suggesting is being some kind of universal Government for illegal private server's.

NO. If Ragnarok the ACTUAL makers of the game can't come up with "private server rules" why in SWEET HEAVENS do you believe it's your occupation to reign over them?

Ethic lines, you can really just find my ass and lick it.

*Facepalm*
IT'S GODDAMN COMMON SENSE! YOU DON'T STEAL s*** NOR START THROWING YOUR CRAP IN OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF, I AM NOT DICTATING THE RULES.

Act like whatever you want, but RMS is a kind of "Unity of Pservers" where order is sought and usually the best servers are, If you are nagging because your server cannot do what you want while in RMS then stfu or gtfo, ask anyone with common sense about stealing pserver-related things and advertising on other servers, if you want a lawless RO where you can s*** your server than fine, but keep your s*** away from others, if you are too f*** lazy to create your own s*** then hire someone or just keep your server empty! Hell, I don't even know wtf I am talking with such an incomprehensible moron such as this,
ライテ‐エクス

Ezl

COMMON SENSE? SO I guess private servers IN fucking GENERAL deserve to be off your "Rate my server"
It ripping off the official game, you know, it being an PRIVATE server.
Oh, did that one server use an insignificant headgear? Oh, remove.
Is that font made by XRO? Remove
hey, I don't like you saying XRO in yRO. Remove

Like I've said before, you fella's don't got the grapes to manage such an ambiguous rule, so don't even try to establish it as some kinda guideline. By the way the whole "unity of Pservers" Naw. You. Guys. Are. A. Review. Site.
NOT GODS OF PRIVATE SERVERS. The Complex's on you guys, damn.
Do not try to control everyone because "you" don't fucking like it.

By the way quit the facepalm shit, I aint here to babysit little 4chan punks.

LiteX

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 03:45 PM
COMMON SENSE? SO I guess private servers IN fucking GENERAL deserve to be off your "Rate my server"

Like I've said before, you fella's don't got the grapes to manage such an ambiguous rule, so don't even try to establish it as some kinda guideline. By the way the whole "unity of Pservers' Naw. You. Guys. Are. A. Review. Site.
NOT GODS OF PRIVATE SERVERS. The Complex's on you guys, damn.
Do not try to control everyone because "you" don't fucking like it.

By the way quit the facepalm shit, I aint here to babysit little 4chan punks.

You are exaggerating the examples,

---Face it, you are stealing art made by individuals, and nobody gives a damn or two to fonts

---HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU! IT IS JUST IF THE ADMIN IS GIVING INCENTIVES TO MAKE THE PLAYERS ADVERTISE!

Puh-leez, RMS CAN make it's own rules, why? because RMS CAN, it's the f*** internet, get the f*** over it, if you f*** don't like the owner of a f*** site and his'/her's rules and ToS then get the f*** out of here, so quit acting like you f*** own the internet, I don't own it, but wait until yC shows her verdict...

Turning topic into flame with Ezl.  More respect for members posting in this forum is appreciated.
ライテ‐エクス

yC

err sorry have been busy couldn't pay the needed attention in forum.

Okay in reply to the suggestion.

Advertising on other servers - Hard to enforce.  Hard to know if someone is doing it to hurt reputation of another.  If a server is found with proof (such as a forum topic etc) that it encourage advertisement spam such as those two we just seen this week.  We would issue a warning/request to stop and reserve the right to suspend it if nothing is done.  This isn't in the ToS but we do want to help stop conflicts built between servers.

Theft from other servers - Artist have to protect their own work.  It is irresponsible to have RMS take action when work is stolen.  It is my believe that many server owners employ a graphic designer or graphic design company (i.e. those in the eAthena forum) to build their websites.  They may or may not be aware of the origin of the artwork found on their websites.  I don't want to have a hard rule on this since it will create stresses/worries to server owners and might easily be used to attack competitors.  Again, it is the artist's job to pursue the server if any work is stolen.

This is getting ugly, calm down guys.  guess i have no choice but to lock this ... soon?

Poki

IF yC can't shut down the servers, whats the point of adding a s*** of rules?
To simply put out a warning for those that end up breaking the rules.  Once they are broken, they are de-listed.  There's a difference between de-listing and shutting down the server.  Sadly, I'd say that's way too much work to de-list every single server that broke a rule.  You might as well just put the ToS and de-list any server that is being reported within the forums, even though there are some that aren't reported.  Let those little buggers report and search for you. (Which might I remind you, that's what they're doing right now!)

You might as well throw it in because it's better than not having it.

Also, it's in your best interest to not try controling other servers, usually when that happens a certain douche gets just upset enough to make his own "rate my server". Not that I'm accusing you of deliberately being jackasses. I'm just saying.

Eff that, if I were yC, I'd control it as much as I can.  I wouldn't give a crap if that certain douche got upset and tried to make their own "rate my server".  If you can control it, then control it.

Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 02:28 PM
Please, these rules are made to keep an order around here, RMS is supposed to be a place with fairness,
Hah, RMS is "supposed" to be a place with fairness?

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hah, and you know that WE don't have any "footings, any bearings, any smidgen amount of knowledge of ethics" how?  Or are you spewing out things on our behalf?  LiteX doesn't need to be a certain person just to preach others what they should or should not do.  Hell, he'll preach as much as he wants even if it isn't wanted.  If you believe that he isn't a person who may preach to others what they should or should not do, then who the hell are you to tell him that he can't?  Pfft.

Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 03:20 PM
Act like whatever you want, but RMS is a kind of "Unity of Pservers" where order is sought and usually the best servers are,
Nope.  Doesn't seem like it, or maybe because it's not.

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 03:45 PM

Yeah, the fact that it being a private server seems like it contradicts itself with the ToS, huh?  Oh well, Ratemyserver doesn't give a crap, too bad.  But actually, you got the gist of it.  Maybe those examples aren't really that great, but that's really what they'll get for breaking the ToS.  Removed and de-listed from RMS.  Of course, they aren't shutdown.  Seems like a lot of work?  Yeah, which is why this idea is stupid.  Though it's better to add it within the ToS because it's better than nothing!

And like I said, once it's on there, it makes it more simple when having to deal with reports in the Server Report section.  Not only that, but the players can do the searching for us.  It's really not that strict, it only gets strict when the players go whining.

EDIT: oh, I was too slow.

LemonCrosswalk

When I made the thread, the ideas were put in vaguely so that discretion could be used on a case by case basis, especially with the artwork stuff. I mean, it's one thing to use someone's fan art and another thing to copy and paste someones whole website or grf for that matter.

And as for enforcement... RMS is the biggest collection of RO private servers. The majority of people when looking for a server to play on come to this site to look for one. Of course you don't have to be listed here and you can do whatever the hell you want to, but if you want a reliable steady flow of new players this is the best place to get it.

Hutchy

I have only one thing to say after the previous couple of posts:

Facepalming didn't come from 4chan. >_>

Ezl

LiteX:
God you're such a big baby, some big ole' blubbering shit of a post.
oily wen admins maek othrs do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DID THE f*** POLL SAY THAT? No.
NO, NO, NO. And by the way, boy. This is the first time you're clarifying your shit,

I'm going to obnoxiously bold and put dis at maximum size, cause I giant douche even though I've never stated it previously

AND BY THE WAYYY I still disagree with adding it to the "TOS" it has nothing to do with REVIEWS. RATE MY SERVER ISN'T THE BIBLE. GOOD GOD.

And to the ending part: Baby wan' a baba? Like I'm telling "YC" what to do, i'm suggesting she don't do stupid shit* YOU are suggesting. Isn't it in your "ethics" to not be a raging douchebag? It sure as hell is in mine. dick.

Poki:

Sweetums, this is a cute attempt and all:
Quote from: PokiYou might as well throw it in because it's better than not having it.
WHAT?
Why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote from: PokiIf you can control it, then control it:
I can tell you're a girl. That's not a reason to try to control others, especially when rate my server can't.

Quote from: PokiHah, and you know that WE don't have any "footings, any bearings, any smidgen amount of knowledge of ethics" how?  Or are you spewing out things on our behalf?  LiteX doesn't need to be a certain person just- I tuned out this nonsense, right about here. what arguement are you even making? LiteX is entitled to his opinion, just because? yeah, no kidding.

Quote from: PokiYeah, the fact that it being a private server seems like it contradicts itself with the ToS, huh?  Oh well, Ratemyserver doesn't give a crap, too bad.  But actually, you got the gist of it.  Maybe those examples aren't really that great, but that's really what they'll get for breaking the ToS.  Removed and de-listed from RMS.  Of course, they aren't shutdown.  Seems like a lot of work?  Yeah, which is why this idea is stupid.  Though it's better to add it within the ToS because it's better than nothing!
And like I said, once it's on there, it makes it more simple when having to deal with reports in the Server Report section.  Not only that, but the players can do the searching for us.  It's really not that strict, it only gets strict when the players go whining.

Don't quote me anymore, that whole post was just utter nonsense, it's like deciphering some code with your posts.

Yc: I agree, just a warning should be given, not real modification of the rules.

hutch: You' a spunky little cheerleader, eh? Spunky, spanky.

Turning topic into flame with LiteX.  More respect for members posting in this forum is appreciated.

Poki

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
Quote from: PokiIf you can control it, then control it:
I can tell you're a girl. That's not a reason to try to control others, especially when rate my server can't.

That made me lol.  Nice.  

Bawwwwwwwww.  By the way, I'd say this topic should be closed now.  There's nothing to it anymore.

Descent

Ezl preaching about others' lack of ethics makes me giggle.

Oh, you.

Shout box insults to other member.

Ezl

Quote from: Descent on Jun 27, 2009, 08:30 PM
Ezl preaching about others' lack of ethics makes me giggle.

Oh, you.

Everyone take note, HE' FLAMED ME first. Thus I am NOT to be blamed for the following flame:

I'm sure you know so much about me "descent" Oh wait, what you know could fill a paper bag, and that's being generous. That oh so includes your "moderatoring" skills, as it's quite piss-poor on a nice day. But I'm not here to judge you Descent, you're not a bad guy. You're those kids I tease when I'm bored enough.

The computer geeks that fix my computer and most importantly you're the stepping stone for greater people. Yep, that little stone you step on to cross the creek while you taking a shortcut to home. Necessary, yes, to not get your feet wet.

And just like not getting my feet wet, I like to not have any intellectual challenge when pulverizing some d*** moderator. You are thee' essential punching bag, a nice generic-enough-douche bag that I can just throw insults at, and then LAUGH at your attempt to counter it. Oh, please YC rescue the poor ole' moderator! He can't be blamed for his sheer lack of balls, and consequently sheer lack of dexterity, even for a shit-easy job like Moderating.

By the way Descent, spare me the "E-tough guy" and the jokes my mother uses, why don't you bring some real sauce and stop playing some old kibbles and bits shit. I've seen better insults dished out by a 64 year old woman.

Oh and enjoy that BBQ' of an ass I just served to you.

<3 Ezl

For personal attack and insults.  You have been reported.

Green

Ezl:
If you're a vegetarian, don't order at a steakhouse.
Every single place ever has rules and conditions. If you don't like them or don't think you want to meet them, then don't sign a server up on RMS. Simple as that.
It doesn't have to try and cater for every server ever.

... You supposedly served Decent his donkey? oO
By calling him a stepping stone on a creek?
My day has been made.

Ezl

And if you're a review site don't try to add the ten commandments to Private servers.

Over.

Lol stepping stone in a creek, god I crack myself up.

shout box spam.