Theft from other servers
0 (0%)
Both
15 (65.2%)
Neither
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

LemonCrosswalk

It was brought up before and I was curious to see admin/player opinion on adding things to the ToS.

1) Servers seem to be advertising underhandedly on other servers. Should this be terms for making them loose their listing?

2) Reports of servers stealing custom layouts (claiming them as their own), custom items not released to the public, maps, and grfs. Depending on how bad the situation is (on admin discretion since it can range from small minor things to large rip offs), should they loose their listing privilege?

Lost~Dreams

I would like to see both of those Added to the ToS. Both of them are more and more common now days

[color=green]Your/You're.

I did ask to keep this thread clean and mature.., don't go there by bypassing the filter + calling people names.

456450456884649856 day warn Ps. I love you Lost~Dreams -Relics[/color]

Hutchy

Orange

Hutchy, If you think about it it would stop (some) people from doing it, Since a lot don't really care about having a bad rep on RMS as long as their server is listed :/

Anyways, hall of shame is enough for these but I ain't objecting to having them in.
:3

Ezl

Rate my server is just a list for servers, why should it try and monopolize what other servers' do? Sure, control the reviewers, but stealing, advertising? What's next, what names we can use? what npc's we can use? What admins we can hire. Which hand I can scratch my ass with? Naw.

It's unnecessary, and quite frankly adding more rules is just a hindrance.

Descent

Quote from: Ezl on Jun 26, 2009, 10:11 PM
Rate my server is just a list for servers, why should it try and monopolize what other servers' do? Sure, control the reviewers, but stealing, advertising? What's next, what names we can use? what npc's we can use? What admins we can hire. Which hand I can scratch my ass with? Naw.

It's unnecessary, and quite frankly adding more rules is just a hindrance.

It doesn't, but when a review system and linking help servers, breaking the ToS removes that other form of advertising for them.

Loki

Stealing of sprites mods and customs have gone way overboard. Can't do anything about this.

I say yes to advertising.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Newly

You really can't say much about server's "stealing" idea's and layout's.

If you remember Gravity own's everything we pretty much use in  a server.

Therefore we should all be delisted from RMS.

Advertiseing on other server's? Yes i think it should be in the ToS.

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: Newly on Jun 27, 2009, 01:09 AM
You really can't say much about server's "stealing" idea's and layout's.

If you remember Gravity own's everything we pretty much use in  a server.

Therefore we should all be delisted from RMS.

Advertiseing on other server's? Yes i think it should be in the ToS.
Since this is going to start another copyright fight probably, I am just going to link this arguing about copyrights thread here to save some clutter in the post.

Newly

LiteX

Stealing material?
Yeah, so Admins would hire spriters and scripters instead of stealing content.

Advertisements?
Hell no! There would be e-peens that would just advertise xRO on yRO just to get xRO kicked out the server listing.
ライテ‐エクス

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 01:39 AM
Stealing material?

Advertisements?
Hell no! There would be e-peens that would just advertise xRO on yRO just to get xRO kicked out the server listing.
They'd have to show proof on the forums it's being encouraged.

LiteX

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Jun 27, 2009, 01:53 AM
Quote from: LiteX on Jun 27, 2009, 01:39 AM
Stealing material?

Advertisements?
They'd have to show proof on the forums it's being encouraged.

Hmmm... Then I think it would work, I thought you meant "mentioning xRO on yRO such of thing", but if the Admin is REALLY encouraging people to do this then yeah, I agree, but aside from BogusRO (Which is a troll server), I don't think this happens THAT often...aside from that GloomyRO incident of course...so I agree both!
ライテ‐エクス

Green

I voted yes too both, but I am assuming when we say "customs" with mean -very- exclusive ones, with massive proof of the artist of them.

Orange

Quote from: Green on Jun 27, 2009, 03:16 AM
I voted yes too both, but I am assuming when we say "customs" with mean -very- exclusive ones, with massive proof of the artist of them.

I'd let items slide, But if a server steals entire custom maps and stuff, well they should get booted :/ Not enough people that are joining servers check HoS so it's not really going to discourage many people right now.
:3