add the population of each server.. and..

Started by didge1979, Jan 19, 2014, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didge1979

they must add the current population..
and also latest screenshots..

to let me or someone like me know if that server is really fun..[many players that are active on doing BattleGrounds.. and WOE also but i prefer battlegrounds. and also i cant install and uninstall vice versa here. im just playing at a cafe that the owner might get irritated..

Boreas

Check the server's forum for that information? No need to install the game.

yC

The current population is included in the review form and a median is taken from all the review responses.  Letting the owner put the population in the listing might not be a very useful piece of information.  You can choose to install servers that only have their population displayed on the website if the number is a concern to your gaming experience.

In-game screenshots are optional to the listing at the moment.

Kensei

Every server would fake their population by letting people run auto vendor or buff bots, just to boost their population, while the actual players are only around 20-30% of the shown numbers.

So no.

didge1979

aah.. i see. [about the population thing]

but how about their screen shots and videos. mostly are out of date..

didge1979

uuuh how to remove this topic...?
im new here. sooo sorry for posting a useless thread..

and thanks for the replies. now i know something.

Fable

Step 1
Check their Players Counter

Step 2
Check the RMS review counter

Step 3
Check the Forum activity of the Server.

or just have a look for a WoE Video on youtube for this Server.

Gardosen

Quote from: Kensei on Jan 20, 2014, 10:35 AM
Every server would fake their population by letting people run auto vendor or buff bots, just to boost their population, while the actual players are only around 20-30% of the shown numbers.

So no.

1. not every server would do that.

2. how does it help the server? the person downloads the client, logs in, sees that the online players are only vendors, and logs off. and maybe also giving a bad review. Every Server owner who trys with such tricks increasing there population, must be realy dumb.

Kensei

Quote from: Gardosen on Feb 02, 2014, 07:29 PM
1. not every server would do that.

2. how does it help the server? the person downloads the client, logs in, sees that the online players are only vendors, and logs off. and maybe also giving a bad review. Every Server owner who trys with such tricks increasing there population, must be realy dumb.

1. Nowadays, it's either you go desperate like I said, or you get 0 players (assuming you made a new server). Only exception is when you're popular or well known admin in the past. If you're new, well, good luck on actually getting 10 players to your server and growing it to 100 without trying to be desperate.

2. Are you saying people actually BOTHER to give review for server being filled with bots/AFKs/autovendors? Because all I've seen lately are fake good reviews with rewards being given for it. That's how recent new servers grow lately. Amirite?

Shayariel

Quote from: Kensei on Feb 03, 2014, 08:47 PM
1. Nowadays, it's either you go desperate like I said, or you get 0 players (assuming you made a new server). Only exception is when you're popular or well known admin in the past. If you're new, well, good luck on actually getting 10 players to your server and growing it to 100 without trying to be desperate.

2. Are you saying people actually BOTHER to give review for server being filled with bots/AFKs/autovendors? Because all I've seen lately are fake good reviews with rewards being given for it. That's how recent new servers grow lately. Amirite?

still gardosen is right for 1.

Gardosen

Quote from: Kensei on Feb 03, 2014, 08:47 PM

i started a server, and im happy with it. in the past i hosted a project for ragnarok online 2 with two friends, we created a translation pack for kro in english and german. around 1 1/2 year we had not more then 200-400 followers who downloaded our pack. but we didnt stoped it, even with -400$ on our bank account because of the fees, we worked hard on the pack and we where persistent because we did it with passion. the result was that after 2 years the bubble was exploding. our membercount increased by 500people each week up to 40k registered users and 29,000 downloads each translation version. now we have around 30 people and they like what we are doing, thats why we are working hard to create new features, bugfix the server and listen to there suggestions for maybe finding the small little diamond who makes the server better.
If you know what you are doing and know how to setup a persistent project, the quality of you work will do the job for you. then you dont have to trick with user counts, tons of fake reviews or anything.
People will talk about you, about your work, about your server and will spread the information.

Greetings
Gardosen