[Site] Sorting servers based on mechanics

Started by Yozakura, Dec 21, 2014, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yozakura

Currently, and as it's been since forever, listed servers are categorized low rate (1~25x), mid rate (26~150x), high rate (151~10000x) and super high rate (>10000x). There's nothing wrong with that, and it's effective, but it would be nice if the servers were also sorted based on mechanics. Renewal, pre-renewal, pre-trans, or even custom.

It that's too much work, tags in the list would be cool. Add in a tiny [Renewal] or [Classic] or [Retro] tag in there, where the PK/RP tags are/were/used to be.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

yC

That is somewhat possible by checking the renewal / pre-renewal option on the search form. 

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serversearch

Right now it only give you the first 50 results, but I am sure you can further narrow down your search by including specific rates and other features you are looking for.

I think I can't find enough space for the info to show on the listing so I left it out (will need to think about how to include it ...), I mean I did put it on the top 5 ones on the front page knowing it's an important note.

Yozakura

Yeah, I'm aware of that, and that's actually what I've been doing for a couple of years now. It's like the only reliable way to look for servers now, especially for renewal players like myself.

I'm aware that creating separate lists would be too much work, so what I was trying to suggest was to have the servers tagged in the lists themselves, possibly next to the language flags, even with tiny, simple icons or so, just to save people from having to check every single server in the list to check if it matches their requirements.

I'm suggesting this simply because renewal and pre-renewal don't exactly feel like the same game anymore.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

yC

Forgot to reply back to this topic, I added the renewal / pre-re / classic display to the listing page (maybe somewhere) in January.