What happened to all the good LR/MR pre-re servers?

Started by omnirusted, Feb 07, 2018, 07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omnirusted

Myself and several others are looking for a pre-re server. I am also a streamer and will be streaming your server if I like it, which helps with advertising on your end.

- In the USA (for time zone reasons)
- No ridiculous rates, less than 100x but more than 10x would be nice.
- 99/70 max levels, 99 max stats, 190 max aspd.
- No ridiculous overpowering customs / cash shop. Cash shop / customs should be there for cosmetic reasons, not forcing people to pay you to succeed in the game.
- Some kind of restrictions on MVP cards and god items would be nice. They unbalance the game imo.
- Active community that is NOT 99% autotraders.
- Active WoE/BG (not just one dominating guild with no competition).
- Mostly English speaking GM team / player base.

Please let me know if you know of a server like this. Been looking everywhere.

misterj

people would show up for a month, level, farm, and then have nothing left to do.

theres not much to do in pre-re when it's out of new content or items to grab. woe is all there is, and the woe experience on lr/mr tends to not be very good.

Insomnia2000

Quote from: misterj on Feb 08, 2018, 08:32 AM
people would show up for a month, level, farm, and then have nothing left to do.

Let's not forget, community complains rates are too low, so rates tend to be on the higher side for a "low-rate" server. Then you have the admin wanting to make a little extra cash so there's 300% Battle Manuals and other goodies. Everyone gets to max level and becomes bored even faster.

Now everyone has rushed to max level, complains there's nothing to do, but then get upset when servers try to do custom content because the custom content isn't official. Better just stick with the same stagnant content from a decade ago.

What about the massive number of quests and content that is there already in official pre-renewal? "Ugh, let players bypass those quests because we've all done it a thousand times before!!1!"

I think the community is most of the reason why there will likely never be a long lasting popular pre-renewal server in the US/EU. Just my pessimistic view. You'd likely have to find an English guild within a non-English server.

Kris

king yrvine lost interest about 5 years ago

mid rates been in shambles since then
2k21 Return

applecidervinegar

Why are people still looking to play pre renewal when there are tons of instances/cards/skills/job being released in RENEWAL?

Cmon guys, its 2018. Gotta try something new and move on from pre renewal.

misterj

Quote from: applecidervinegar on Feb 08, 2018, 09:49 PM
Why are people still looking to play pre renewal when there are tons of instances/cards/skills/job being released in RENEWAL?

i dont want to play a stupid game where a bunch of **** are sitting there spamming chain lightning/dragon breath/hell plants with macros. i want to play a stupid game where a bunch of **** are sitting there spamming acid bomb/dispel/focus arrow strike with macros

SukiChii

Not everyone like renewal or don't wanna learn it.
I'm one of those people.

omnirusted

I don't even know where to start, but that's not what I made this thread for. I don't enjoy renewal because it's all quests and waiting around for parties for instances. I don't personally believe that RO needed it. They didn't need to reinvent the wheel for a game that was honestly already really fun.

This thread was made because I was looking for servers, hence the SERVER SEEKING section of the forums?

Blinzer

you can follow my server project in the discord https://discord.gg/ffETSGM, it's a 3 years project aimed to evolve RO to the next level and is pretty close to completion. there will be a pretty big announcement coming up in the near future, my suggestion would be to explore what the revival has to offer for a couple of days with your friends, and then wait until the announcement.

jacobo_bobo

Quote from: Blinzer on Feb 10, 2018, 06:52 AM
you can follow my server project in the discord https://discord.gg/ffETSGM, it's a 3 years project aimed to evolve RO to the next level and is pretty close to completion. there will be a pretty big announcement coming up in the near future, my suggestion would be to explore what the revival has to offer for a couple of days with your friends, and then wait until the announcement.

Did you really spend 3 years on a project without any kind of proof of concept?  /hmm If I were you I would of released it with partial features and implement the rest on a weekly or monthly bases to keep the players around.  I feel like you waited to long that now another server is already using your name lol

@OnTopic
I feel like the reason Mid Rate servers are not as popular anymore is because most of them are offering exactly the same thing low rates are offering except with higher rates. Almost no effort into any differential features..which means after a few months when everyone is max lvl with full equip then just get bored and stop logging in. Killing any BG/PvP and WoE activity that ever existed on the server and eventually closing down.

Blinzer

Quote from: jacobo_bobo on Feb 10, 2018, 09:46 AM
Did you really spend 3 years on a project without any kind of proof of concept?  /hmm If I were you I would of released it with partial features and implement the rest on a weekly or monthly bases to keep the players around.  I feel like you waited to long that now another server is already using your name lol

i wrote something really sick and inspiring, but rms logged me out and didn't let me recover my text.

"proof of concept"?  /heh you crack me up, kid.

omnirusted

Quote from: Blinzer on Feb 10, 2018, 06:52 AM

I'm not sure this is on-topic to this thread at all. My biggest complaint is that I like how pre-re is and don't feel that RO had to reinvent the wheel.

Blinzer

Quote from: omnirusted on Feb 10, 2018, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure this is on-topic to this thread at all. My biggest complaint is that I like how pre-re is and don't feel that RO had to reinvent the wheel.

/no1

Marihna

You could check out LillitheRo. We're a newer Low-Rate server with 10x10x5x rates. Our community is still small but we're growing daily, and we're based in the US as well with most of our GM's located in the US.

We try to keep everything pretty balanced. Though we do offer some convenience features (such as reset girl and healer), they are customized for balance purposes and charge zeny/items based off of players base level on a sliding scale.

Check us out if you're interested or let me know if you have any questions. ^^

LillitheRo.com http://lillithero.com/

or on RMS at = http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=19950&itv=6&url_sname=LillitheRo

blink32

meleero is nearing 3 years old, and is still going strong, very organized and active woes as well as daily (yes actually daily) averaging 40v40 bg. the only downside is players are spanish speaking as well as custom npcs, but fairly easy to navigate through (as someone who doesnt speak it). but the gm does speak english as well as most other players, but as with other servers, people tend to speak in their native tongue regardless of knowing english. bg is active daily around 8-12pm EST, peaking around the times at middle.