Versatile person looking for a server

Started by Pluviophile, Mar 28, 2015, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluviophile

I'm a long time RO player, a lot of it on officials with the other servers scattered between. Having long since quit official RO, I'm getting desperate for a good RO fix and wanting to find a good server to call home for awhile.

I'm an active gamer (no lifer!) and not exactly sure what I'm looking for from a server perspective.

I think I'd prefer a trans server, but 3rd classes can be fun as well.
I don't think I'd play an extremely low (1x-10x) server, but for the right extras I might.
Donation/cash shop items are a strong no, unless they're available via questing as well.

The most important thing I'm looking for is a guild, mostly. Some people to talk to, hang out with, make friends with. It may sound lame, but downloading and playing alone gets boring fast. I've taken a look through a few servers forums and found some active threads and such, but I'm really not sure what to go for. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree asking here, but I'd really like to find a cool server with people to talk to and party with and make friends.

Thank you for your time.

Min

Hey Bro!

Myself and a few friends of mine are over playing at NovaRO. It's a pretty solid server IMO. I don't want to sound like a blatant advertisement but they stay close to official and have unique ways of releasing official content, way better than the officials do. Shadow gear is a prize for doing custom monster hunter content, there are several cash shop gear that is quest obtainable. As well as it being 25/25/10x seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Should also mention that this server supports both Trans WoE (with emulated pre-renewal mechanics) and 3rd Job WoE.

We've got a guild here and we're looking for new recruits all the time, if you give NovaRO a try be sure to hit up Freedom Unite and we'll show you the ropes for sure!  /no1

heres the webside bro, check it out.
http://novaragnarok.com/

Fino

Hey Pluviophile :3

Since you seem pretty open for server requirements, I will just leave you a quick response regarding WoonRO Pre Renewal and WoonRO Renewal
Anyways, We own 2 Midrates Servers with the rates for Pre Renewal 150/150/50 (max lvl 99/70) and for Renewal 100/100/75 (max lvl 175/60). It's not as grindy as a lowrate server but obtaining items and gears can still be very challenging.

As for the Donation Part: We, as the majority of servers out there, offer a tiny spectrum of donation items to purchase. The bright part on this is, we do not force anyone to donate in order to achieve something special over others. We do not favour pay2win situations and we wont ever implement such a system. We do have all donation items available ingame by questing for them and joining actively ingame and forum/facebook events :)

Regarding guilds:
I absolutely understand your need of social bonds to other players in a game. It indeed can be super boring and frustrating having no one to talk to. To compensate that, and so that new players dont feel lost, we have a rather tiny but dedicated guild thats called "Spell" who likes to take newcomers in. They usually save at old payon town :> And as I just saw on our Forum today, a new, very tiny pvm guild just popped up, named Arkadia :3 Maybe you could poke them too?
Besides that, to encourage team and partyplay, we try to host certain instance events often, such as Endless Tower/Cellar, Party Survival or do a quick run of Orc Instances. Besides that we have a huge Team-Event every 4hours coming up which is called Devil Square. We also implemented the feature "Fishing" where people have to sit together at a fishing spot to fish :>

Incase i tickled your attention a bit, here are some important links about Woon-Ro:

WoonRO's Webpage
WoonRO's Forum
WoonRO Wiki

Hope to see you soon around :3

Greetings

Poi²/ Fino

dikapramantya

Hello Pluviophile .
i want to invite you join my guild in Private Server Ragnarok.

this is pra renewal server with 3rd job,

2nd Class or below . skill use pra renewal formula
3rd class or  upper. skill  use renewal formula

balance, good community, and gm is no friendly (  i  mean no freebies, all start from zero) , donation balance too.

rate exp is 4000x1000,
drop rate card normal is 5%, mvp card ,ghostring,deviling,angeling,maya purple disable. other boss card 0,01%.
other drop rate is custom  . equip is 100x, common 1500x, useable 100x, healing 60x.
other drop rate from boss monster is 1x.

economy is good, no gold room . zeny very important here.

if you want to join . go to this server website : www.playprivateserver.com
and if you want to ask more , just ask the gm in they fanpage : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Private-Server-Ragnarok/413507555484041?fref=ts
and if you want to join my guild, search arunafeltz guild or whisp my nick is TAK VACUUM NDASMU .

OnlyRO

Hi Pluviophile,
since one of your first sentences started with the official server experience I want to present to you: OnlyRO

At OnlyRO we are trying to give players a playing experience that comes as close to (pre renewal) official servers as possible. Even most of our players migrated from official servers just to play on our server.

We provide you with a dynamic rate system which allows you to level up fast in the beginning while slowing down to the end. Though it never drops below 7x. This will help you starting on our server faster than anywhere else, since you can farm for Zeny and items as soon as possible.
As stated above we are a pre renewal server with 99/70 rates, we are strongly against any donation items and the episode is 13.2.

Our player base is around 200 active players (excluding vendors), so you should friends to play with pretty fast.
Since you seem to be a competitive player it may please you to hear that our first WoE was held last week, so you still have time to catch up and find a good guild to fight with.

Try checking us out on:
http://www.onlyro.com/

Many more questions are answered here:
http://www.onlyro.com/faq/

See you ingame :)
Zumm

OnlyRO GM Team

OnceRO

Hey Pluviophile, I thought I'd suggest you join OnceRO, perhaps it could be your new home!

Quote from: Pluviophile on Mar 28, 2015, 08:35 PM
I think I'd prefer a trans server, but 3rd classes can be fun as well. We're trans! 99/70
I don't think I'd play an extremely low (1x-10x) server, but for the right extras I might. We're a prerenewal mid-rate server, 50/50/20.
Donation/cash shop items are a strong no, unless they're available via questing as well. The donation items we provide are costume based and to purchase items such as field manual to increase exp rate and bubblegum for drops- though we're not a pay to win server.

The most important thing I'm looking for is a guild, mostly. Some people to talk to, hang out with, make friends with. It may sound lame, but downloading and playing alone gets boring fast. I've taken a look through a few servers forums and found some active threads and such, but I'm really not sure what to go for. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree asking here, but I'd really like to find a cool server with people to talk to and party with and make friends.
We've got a few active guilds, and some are currently recruiting for guild members! You can check our forums for that. Although I also agree that playing alone gets boring fast, but not to worry- there are parties there which you can level and PvM with!

Hope you'll consider us!