Small guild looking for a Pre-Renewal Low/Mid Rate Server

Started by Lyn, Mar 01, 2018, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyn

We are a small guild and looking for a Pre-Renewal Low/Mid Rate Server with following requirements: 

- Base Rates between 10x and 30x
- Pre-Renewal, no 3rd classes (Rebirth classes are required. We could think about a server that starts as a Classic server without Rebirth and progressively adds episodes ending before Renewal.)
- No Renewal mechanics
- Dual Clients allowed (also in WoE)
- @autoloot, Stat and Skill Resetter, Job Changer, Town Warper
- WoE FE Castles for Rebirth Characters and WoE on the weekend
- No imbalanced costums/donates (higher stats than official equipment)
- low amount or best no costum content and changes in the game mechanics (like skill changes)
- 3rd party programs like AutoPot banned (but we don't mean programs like Homunculus AI that are necessary to have any control)

We would preferably also see the following Features:

- Lower drop rates for or best No MvP cards
- Tradeable or best no BG equipment
- no Gym Pass
- More than 1 WoE Castle opened per WoE
- Platinum Skill NPC, Dungeon Warper, Healer

If a promising server opens in the near future, we are also willing to wait for it to open.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!  /ok

FaithSRO

Hey Lyn,

I know my server may not have 100% of what you are looking for, but I think you and your guild would highly enjoy it based off of what you are looking for.

Our rates are 8x/8x/8x, but it can float up to 18x/18x/18x which changes midnight of everyday or changed by players manually with contribution of currency.

We are pre-renewal, no 3rd job classes, and our rebirth process is skipped. Meaning Novice->swordsman->knight->lord knight.

Dual clients are definitely allowed

Our WoE is just waiting for some more players to participate but we do have WoE FE castles all ready to go

We have no BG equipment implemented

We have @autoloot, @arealoot, @alootid, and also free stat/skill resetters, build managers, job changers, and custom warper. Platinum skills are free, healer is free

We have only been open a few days but have a lot of positive feedback, our server is very far from your regular cookie cutter server, It is quite customized, it is thought out well and with purpose.

Come give us a try at http://faith.seireiteiro.com

Halfman

Hello,

You can try ZenRO
www.zen-ro.com

Fast Level for Fast Action - Base Rates between 10x and 30x
YES- Pre-Renewal, no 3rd classes (Rebirth classes are required. We could think about a server that starts as a YESClassic server without Rebirth and progressively adds episodes ending before Renewal.)
YES- No Renewal mechanics
YES- Dual Clients allowed (also in WoE)
YES- @autoloot, Stat and Skill Resetter, Job Changer, Town Warper
YES- WoE FE Castles for Rebirth Characters and WoE on the weekend
YES- No imbalanced costums/donates (higher stats than official equipment)
YES- low amount or best no costum content and changes in the game mechanics (like skill changes)
YES- 3rd party programs like AutoPot banned (but we don't mean programs like Homunculus AI that are necessary to have any control)

YES- Lower drop rates for or best No MvP cards
- no Gym Pass
YES- Platinum Skill NPC, Dungeon Warper, Healer

[color=red]DareDevil [/color][color=blue]Buff Daddy[/color]

yennar

Quote from: Lyn on Mar 01, 2018, 12:43 PM
We are a small guild and looking for a Pre-Renewal Low/Mid Rate Server with following requirements: 

YES - Base Rates between 10x and 30x
YES - Pre-Renewal, no 3rd classes (Rebirth classes are required. We could think about a server that starts as a Classic server without Rebirth and progressively adds episodes ending before Renewal.)
yES - No Renewal mechanics
YES - Dual Clients allowed (also in WoE)
YES - @autoloot, Stat and Skill Resetter, Job Changer, Town Warper
YES - WoE FE Castles for Rebirth Characters and WoE on the weekend
YES - No imbalanced costums/donates (higher stats than official equipment)
YES - low amount or best no costum content and changes in the game mechanics (like skill changes)
YES - 3rd party programs like AutoPot banned (but we don't mean programs like Homunculus AI that are necessary to have any control)

YES - Lower drop rates for or best No MvP cards
NO//BG Equip is there and account bound - Tradeable or best no BG equipment
NO//- no Gym Pass
NO //- More than 1 WoE Castle opened per WoE
YES- Platinum Skill NPC, Dungeon Warper, Healer

If a promising server opens in the near future, we are also willing to wait for it to open.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!  /ok

try EpicRO:
www.epicRO.de

Bad points from your list:
At the moment only 2 active Sides in WoE - therefore only 1 Castle.
You can get Gym Passes with Loyality Coins (which drop ingame at items or monsters)
Woe is also on Wednesday.
I don't know your timezone but this server is European. So it may not be for you.

trivia:
EpicRo was a Lowrate 3x server until 1 month ago, now its midrate 30x
the lowrate started in 04/17

the best Point:
This server is no pay 2 win. At all. You win with your own skill.

Fino

Greetings Lyn,
we sadly don't match all of your requirements but I still want to give it a try since some of them do fit  /no1

So anyway, I would love to introduce you to my home called Ragnaclan.
We offer you a fine populated & balanced Midrate Server with floating rates, generally it's 50x/50x/15x floating up to 60x/60x/20x.
We used to be 30x30x10x but our playerbase kept cheering for exp. events so we currently set it to 50x-60x.
Changes might be done in the future here again.

So lets go to your other requirements:
- Pre-Renewal, no 3rd classes - Pre Renewal with a maximum level of 99/70
- No Renewal mechanics - check
- Dual Clients allowed - We allow dual clienting
- @autoloot, Stat and Skill Resetter, Job Changer, Town Warper - available
- WoE FE Castles for Rebirth Characters and WoE on the weekend - We do have WoE SE (not FE) but our WoE days are scheduled on Saturday & Sunday
- No imbalanced costums/donates (higher stats than official equipment)-  Check
- low amount or best no costum content and changes in the game mechanics (like skill changes) - We have costume headgears/pets for cosmetic purposes and some features such as fishing, devil square and the revival & clan feature implemented. The revival rewards have a few costume weapons for selected classes as a reward (High Priest, Gypsy etc.)
- 3rd party programs like AutoPot banned (but we don't mean programs like Homunculus AI that are necessary to have any control) We allow AHK and autopot in WoE & BG only. In pvm its absolutely forbidden and a banable offense.

- Lower drop rates for or best No MvP cards MvP cards droprate is 0.01%
- Tradeable or best no BG equipment We have the BG set and its tradeable. We do not have the Glorious Set.
- no Gym Pass We have gym passes
- More than 1 WoE Castle opened per WoE - We only open one castle at a time because we want to keep the competition for the guilds up.
- Platinum Skill NPC, Dungeon Warper, Healer - Available

The basic server information can be found here: (Basic Information)

Additional Information:

* Vending players get kicked after 48h if they did not refresh their vend. So we ensure that only active playe have their merchants vending.
* In WoE, we have about two to three active guilds. You can see a saved video on twitch here: WoE Video
* In BG, we have two modes currently implemented: Team Deathmatch / Conquest (done by player votes) and we have BG Cases (headgear boxes etc.) that might drop after each BG match.

Castle Access:
We allow any player to enter the woe castles for a fee of bg badges. We want that everyone can have access to those places.

Cash Shop:
We have a cash shop with cosmetics, usables and other useful headgears/items. Our non costume headgears can also be obtained through BG badges.

Features:
To keep you busy in the game, we have a Revival System and our unique Clan System. You can reborn your max leveled characters to get unique rewards. Our clan system offers you special leveling / hunting quests and you can gather up points on that as well.

Events:
We have automatic events such as Gold Rush, Cluckers, Devil Square and many more. Our GM team also ensures to host events frequently.

In the spoiler, you'll find a recent screenshot of our Gold Rush Event.

Spoiler

[close]

So here are some links on how to reach our server & community:

Ragnaclan's Webpage
Ragnaclan's Forum
Ragnaclan Discord
Ragnaclan Wiki

I hope I could catch your interest.
It surely would be great to hear from you and maybe the above listed features that do not match your search can be compensated with our other good traits  /ok
If not, then I hope that you and your team will find a suitable place soon /lv
Cheers~

Lunar@SM

Here is a youtube video to check out :)
It explains a bit about the server and it's features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA6cMTBw7sg

First of all, let me explain a little bit about the server before going into details on your requirements.

Shining Moon is a server that allows the swapping between Renewal and Pre-Renewal at any given point using a NPC called "World Gate", it transfers the character between
two servers ingame and loads the appropriate information of the character and applies it.

Pre-Renewal

• Episode 13.2
  • ASPD 190
  • Rates 1-100x / 20x, 0.04% MVP Cards
  • Every account have 5 storages each with 600 slots
  • Used only Pre-Renewal formulas, mechanics.

--------

Renewal

• Episode 13.2
  • ASPD 193
  • Rates 1-100x / 20x, 0.04% MVP Cards
  • Every account have 5 storages each with 600 slots
  • Used only Renewal formulas, mechanics, except uses Pre-Renewal drop system.

The inventory, storage, guild storage, quests, achievements, monsters, items, pets, homunculus, mercenaries, hotkeys, skills and everything is seperated between the two servers and are not shared.
So each server has a unique character with the same name you've chosen at the character creation, which is loaded / saved / modified when swapping through a World Gate.

The character select shows information based on your character(s) last location.

-------------------------------

Now, let's get into your requirements.

QuoteBase Rates between 10x and 30x
We have rates that you can chose yourself, between 1-100x.
You can type @baserate and/or @jobrate to change them at any point.
There is also a reward system in place that awards lower rates set to max level rebirth - The lower rate you level at, you get a bonus to dropchance.
Here is a link to the explanation:
https://www.shining-moon.com/pre/index.php?title=Advanced_Looting

QuotePre-Renewal, no 3rd classes
In pre-renewal we only have up to 2-2 classes, you don't have to use the World Gate to move to Renewal if you don't want to.

QuoteDual Clients allowed (also in WoE)
Dual clients are allowed anywhere.
However, there is a limit of 24 members of a guild in 1 castle at a time.

Quote@autoloot, Stat and Skill Resetter, Job Changer, Town Warper
We have all of it and alot more.

QuoteNo imbalanced costums/donates (higher stats than official equipment)

We have alot of costumes and they are enchantable.
Enchants are based on the official costume enchants.
https://www.shining-moon.com/pre/index.php?title=Custom_Headgears#List_of_Enchant_Stones

Quote3rd party programs like AutoPot banned
We allow no third party programs or macros. And we are Gepard Shield protected.

QuotePlatinum Skill NPC, Dungeon Warper, Healer
We have @warp however it'll only warp to specific coordinates at the beginning of the map and cannot be used as a fly wing or to teleport to a set of coordinates.
Healer is also a buffer that gives Agility UP and Blessing. It also takes away alot of negative status effects and the super novice dying counter.

QuoteWoE
WoE is on the weekends, however since the Pre-renewal was released in february it's not released there yet.
Shining Moon Servers:
Helheim - kRO-like official gears. Max Level 200/70
Niflheim - jRO, iRO and kRO gears. Max Level 200/70

https://www.shining-moon.com

Lyn

Thanks you very much everyone for for your effort on server suggestions for us! I wouldn't have expected so many kind and welcoming replies!

FaithSRO / Faith Seireitei

While some features like Ex-quip System and Guild House Rentals are attractive for us, we are not really fans of Battle Assistance pets etc. But this is really something that depends on the taste and it can't be done in a way everyone is satisfied. You have probably put a lot of effort in designing your special features. No BG equipment implementation is great for us and a speciality that only few servers have. WoE every day would also be a good solution, but unfortunetly WoE starts at 5am in your time zone. That's why the server -- unfortunetly -- does not come into consideration for us :( . You have a highly deviating time zone from us, but this is probably the time zone where the greatest part of your player base comes and shouldn't be changed. Thanks a lot for your suggestion and we hope you can find more players for a challenging WoE! 

Halfman / ZenRO

On my server search I have also looked at ZenRO and thought this is really a server that fits our taste -- besides the rates (sadly). I hear many people saying that they are sick of leveling, but we haven't played Ragnarok for a while and would enjoy PvM besides WoE as well. Though higher rates are comprehensible for being able to go to WoE fast. To be honest, I have never seriously tried a high rate yet. If we don't find a fitting server we could still discuss whether we would take a look for doing some WoE, but this is still something I'm very uncertain about. Either way, thanks a lot for your suggestion!

yennar / EpicRO

Aside from the WoE times EpicRO sounds quiet promising for us. No Pay-2-Win is very appealing to us! It's good to know this server has changed it's rates -- I still remember it as a low rates server in the past. Hence, thanks a lot for your suggestion! We have to check whether we would be able to come to WoE on Wednesday or not.

Although we are a German speaking guild we haven't tried out German speaking servers for the past years due to a low population. We personally don't have a problem with a small player base but many private server's lifetime suffered under it. They wiped or closed after a short time. We hope this is different for your server, you can grow in players and stay online for a long time. A German speaking server would even be more comfortable for us.

We are currently testing your server, thank you very much!

Fino / Ragnaclan

We could live with the rates and I think we would even like Mining/Fishing systems, Housings and Events, but we don't really like the Revival system (unfortuently, we are all working by now and don't have so much free time). However, we don't like BG at all, therefore we dislike the WoE castle fee. To be honest, our past experiences with SE are none too pleasant and we think Autopot would even make it worse for us. Unfortuently, that's not really what we are searching, but you can never tell before discussing it. In this sense: Thanks a lot for your detailed information and I wish you the best of luck!

Lunar@SM / ShiningMoonRO

I understand that you aimed to create a server to fit different tastes in rates and features, which you have put much effort into it. I think your server can be a good alternative for PvM players with preferences for different rates that like to try out new contents. It can offer variety for players that play a lot. Unfortunetly, it seems like it is not exactly the right for us. We would like to play on a 10x-30x rate server, we would feel ourselves forced to play on 100x rates for beeing able to compete in WoE. While WoE FE and a player cap of 24 would even be advantageous for us, there are somewhat to many costum features like the Soul System for us. We haven't played for a while and would like to enjoy RO like we have experienced it in the past. Thanks a lot for your suggestions and we hope yo can build on your server idea!

We would like to thank everyone for their time you spent on constructive suggestions for us! This helped us a lot! Have fun everyone and we see us in RO!  /ok

Lunar@SM

Playing on lower rates except 100x on Shining Moon is beneficial to the player.

QuoteEXP Rates used                           Drop bonus
      ----------------------------------------------------------
         1    x               |               50%
         2    x               |               40%
         3    x               |               39%
         4    x               |               38%
         5    x               |               35%
         6-10 x             |               30%
         11-15x            |               25%
         16-20x            |               20%
         21-30x            |               10%
         31-40x            |                5%
         41-50x            |                3%
         51-60x            |                2%
         61-90x            |                1%
         91+  x             |                0%

The soul system is a pure PvE feature. It's skill do not work in WoE / GvG / BG / PvP and it's summon is automatically removed upon entering.
Shining Moon Servers:
Helheim - kRO-like official gears. Max Level 200/70
Niflheim - jRO, iRO and kRO gears. Max Level 200/70

https://www.shining-moon.com

Lyn

Thank you for the additional information, Lunar@SM! Don't worry, I was already aware of the EXP Rate / Drop bonus system. I just didn't go too much in detail, because I didn't mean to criticise anyone's system. After all everyone's taste and preferences are different. To be honest, the EXP Rate / Drop bonus system makes it even worse for us. We would have to level up WoE chars wih 100x rates and separate farming chars on 1x rates, while what we really want is to play with 10x-30x rates.

Until know we are very satisfied with EpicRO! The only point from our main wish list that seemed not to be fulfilled was WoE FE on the weekend. But yesterday I found out that they do have FE WoE on Sunday! This are great news for us. We hope it stays this way and we can have fun there for a long time!  /ok

Cat in the Meow

Hi Lyn! You may wan to try our server DeepBlueRO

- Base Rates between 10x and 30x
we are on 30x/30x/10x (currently 2x exp till 7th march join to lvl and farm for items while it last!)
- Pre-Renewal, no 3rd classes (Rebirth classes are required. We could think about a server that starts as a Classic server without Rebirth and progressively adds episodes ending before Renewal.)
we are on pre-renewal and solely pre-renewal mechanics
- No Renewal mechanics
yup we dont have it =)
- Dual Clients allowed (also in WoE)
Yes dual is allowed but limited to 2
- @autoloot, Stat and Skill Resetter, Job Changer, Town Warper
Yesh we have those too!
- WoE FE Castles for Rebirth Characters and WoE on the weekend
current WOE is FE and its on sat and sunday gmt+8 10pm to 11pm (3pm - 4pm in germany, we have a npc that provides pots for woe everytime b4 it starts)
- No imbalanced costums/donates (higher stats than official equipment)
We do not need donation (our donation page is nv up anyway) cash points can be farmed or get through the many events planned
- low amount or best no costum content and changes in the game mechanics (like skill changes)
We have currently 0 custom
- 3rd partyx programs like AutoPot banned (but we don't mean programs like Homunculus AI that are necessary to have any control)
Our gepard shield gives complete protection on 3rd party programs

- Lower drop rates for or best No MvP cards
Drop rates is at 10x not too easy and not no hard. MVP drops remains as per official
We got no bg =)
- no Gym Pass
Sadly we do have but its not easily obtainable
As our player pool is still on a comfortable level we only have 1 castle open per woe
- Platinum Skill NPC, Dungeon Warper, Healer
Yesh we have thsoe too =)

Give us a try. you can visit us on our website @ www.deepbluero.com im mostly active in our fb page and discord. you can find me there and ask me any further questions (Meow in discord, GM Meow in game)

Lyn

Hi Meow!

Thanks a lot for your kind recommandation! I wouldn't have expected to find even 2 fitting servers.
In the moment we are playing on EpicRO, until now we are very satisfied with the server and we hope it stays like this. Unfortunetly, we don't have time for playing on 2 servers. That's a pity since your server has a lot features we highly appreciate like no BG and WoE FE on Saturday, and we thank you a lot for your great suggestion! We wish you the best of luck for your server!  /ok

Cat in the Meow

Hey Lynn no problem u are more than welcome to visit us anytime  /no1

Kirchen

Hey Lyn, since you are a small guild, and I know the struggles of today ro. By that i mean you go on a server and try to farm and gear , but then after 6 months or so the server is down again.

So let me suggest you something wich future and increasing population, even thoe its not the right rates.

Originsro.org

Its online since 4 years, with around 50-70 ppl for most of the time, but the recent months have been amazing for the server, its crowing and has crown to 300~400 ppl online normally.
Its 5/5/5 and is stable.

Ive been playing ro for 15 years now, and never thought to find a stable pserver again. you realy should consider this even more since you are a group of people and maybe this can be your new home for longer.
No donations, or overpowerd costumes.

emancipate01

Hi Lyn,

Is pre-renewal the only option? How about trans-revo (renewal in some mechanics)? Will it work?

If yes, try Divergent Ragnarok (Dystopia).

We are at a very low-rate at 5x-5x-2x.
We support upto trans calss only.
We support Dual Login (Limited to 2). Assuming players are not using Thin Client.
No Imbalance donation.
And definitely no skill changes.

Full server information: Information Page

Hope you'll give it a try to check on it.

Styx

If you get second thoughts after a while, you still could consider Origins. The server is a real hype at this moment indeed. It is up for almost 4 years without any donations possible. That does tell something about it's lifespan and the kind of players they are attracting.
It might be too much for 2k18 based players to handle.
They are at episode 9.0 at this stage, there is still plenty of time to catch up.
You won't see much troll's here, playerbase is average a very nice community. It seems the real players for fun are gathering here.
It's Hercules based, which is much more pre-renewal based as rAthena ever can and will be.
Of course even Origins as has it own small subjective tweaks, no Pserver can afford an objective large develop team but the impact is relative small.
I know Epic also, it isn't a bad choice at all. it is one of the better ones around indeed. You might seriously consider to play them both also.

Lyn

I'm sorry for my late reply! I didn't answer earlier because our server situation is unclear, because we needed to discuss our server situation inside the guild and because of a temporary lack of time. But since our server situation will not be clear until May (the WoE at EpicRO is not enjoyable for us how it is right now but there is a poll about changes), it is time to answer at least. We await the poll results and the WoE changes that will be decided on EpicRO before we can say whether we stay or search for a new server.

Kirchen & Styx / OriginsRO

Your explanation of building up for nothing for finding out that the server closes again is exactly our situation as well. Your server makes a great example of being trustworthy and online for a long time. You surely have professional features like the Master Account that we would like to use. I'm glad that your server could highly increase in population and it shows that Ragnarok is not at its end. A small development team would be no problem for us. I've thought a lot about your server suggestion and whether this is a comprimse we would be willing to dispose, because the server is really interesting to me.

What worries me is the combination of low rates and the lack of a Resetter. We haven't played Ragnarok for a while and have to tune builds, but they are best tested in action. I also wonder what to do when new episodes and equip come out and your stats are adjusted to the former update. Of course I can imagine why you did not include features like Resetter and Healer to prevent abusement. You surely have a point with the possibility to catch up since Rebirth is not implented yet.

I understand why you only allow one character per person in WoE, but we prefer more flexibility in dependance of the situation in WoE concering characters (for example: having a character for breaking the Emperium and a character for Castle Defence logged in simultaneously -- this is especially important for small guilds). It's good that Guild Leaders are changeable though.

In an information post about the next update I've read that Homunculus are included soon with a botting program. We consider this cheating and in my opinion this is absolutely contrary to the server concept. This might not only have a bad influence on the server, but also the population. I'm not against comprimises, but if a server starts to promote botting, a point is reached for me where the server is out of question. But we thank both of you very much for your suggestion and time!

emancipate01 / Divergent Ragnarok (Dystopia)

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and detailed description! To be honest, we would like to avoid Renewal mechanics as much as possible.
I have still checked your webpage to be sure whether this server is something for us or not. Unfortunetly, there are not only the rates and Renewal mechanics but also the VIP system that is problematic for us. But you surely couldn't have known whether we like the server or not before discussing it, that's why we thank you alot for your kind suggestion and your effort!

Kirchen

as far as ive experienced, i a pretty sure its not going to be the way u think it will be.

The Staff of the Server is even against the afk mechanic from high orc Card and ice falchion. they want you to be active.
The bot-like Programm is probably going to be a well functioning mir-ai or smth. and autoloot wont work on Homunculus i guess. You may should ask the devolopers directly in their Forums about this.

Blinzer

You'll definitely want to check out https://discord.gg/ffETSGM.

- Pre-renewal
- Low rate, 1/1/1
- Not out yet
- No traditional warper, no healer, do have a job changer
- Dual clienting is not disabled but rather useless, real party play is heavily promoted and rewarded

Disclaimer: do not play this server if you just want the same old RO and don't like brand new exploration/adventure experiences. this is a heavily reimagined and customized version of the game, built from a competitive player who wanted to bring out the potential of the game that was never cultivated.