Server that blocks 3rd party programs from working.

Started by Regret, Oct 17, 2013, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Hello everyone!

As far as I'm aware, BLOCKING every possible 3rd party program like ROMedic, NDL and even RCX (!) from working with the client itself makes it impossible to get these programs to run.
But here's the catch: 99% of the servers out there rely on Harmony, which actually doesn't do anything to block the aforementioned programs, leave RCX working and that is why these programs have been ruining the WoE scene since way too long now.

So, here it is, simple as that.
I'm looking for a server that blocks any kind of 3rd party program to work the client.

Don't recommend TalonRO as this server prohibits me from WoE'ing due to their close-minded WoE times.

Jenova

Because of the nature of third party programs, no server will ever be able to block 100% of third party programs. They can try and look for "bad" programs (ROMedic, AHK, etc), but there will always be a few that slip by undetected. You will never find a server that blocks all third party programs.

Harmony also does have a setting to block RCX, but I'm not sure how effective it is as I haven't tried it.

Regret

I'm well-aware that no one was smart enough to invent something to block these nasty programs yet.

What I want is the closest it can get, I've played on Talon and know that ROMedic/RCX doesn't work on there, so that's a plus but their WoE times are prohibiting me from playing.
But there must be another server with the same client settings / protection measures somewhere.

emoric28

So what you're saying is you want a server that doesn't rely on Harmony? but has a high security system? Servers like that barely exists..

Integer