Seeking low-rate HIGHLY customized servers

Started by whiteboi, Oct 10, 2015, 09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteboi

Looking for a Ragnarok server that is highly customized but also low-rate, as I enjoy PvM over WoE and PvP stuff. Oh, and while i do not like Renewal content, with a highly-customized server, if they've changed and balanced a lot of the mechanics and systems, then they can be renewal.

I really like it when the servers add cool system features, like in RebirthRO where they have tons of item sets that gives bonus, like other RPGs. They also have added several refinement systems that are really neat (like Revival of Ragnarok), but i can't seem to find any information on their low-rate server Eir.

Really, any cool features that they've added to the server must be balanced in some fashion.

Also, changing and modifying existing gears, cards, monsters, skills is greatly encouraged. There are a lot of things in the official ragnarok that, if fixed properly, can really make the game seem more fun, new, and challenging.

I have played both Ragnarok Reinvented and Revival of Ragnarok.

Revival of Ragnarok is a great conceptually designed server, and i can't wait to rejoin it when it's more polished. A lot of 'quality of life' features are missing.

Ragnarok Reinvented is also really good but the leveling speed is comparable to high-rate servers, getting to 99/70 within a few hours *even with NPC gear on a blacksmith*

Terpsichore

It almost sounds like you're thinking about my server. While I wouldn't call it "highly" customized as that makes me think of atrocious wings and naruto bandanas, we've got a fair deal of well-thought-out customization that provide better balance, more build and gear variety, quality of life changes, etc. Problematic mechanics and skills were adjusted while "underdog" builds were made a lot more viable, endgame PvM is very party oriented and old MvPs were refreshed and made challenging and rewarding again. There's also no shortage of new official content (improved just like MvPs) and fancy new equipment.

It is a renewal server but it isn't like the renewal you're probably used to, soloing isn't really prevalent here. I probably should also mention that fixing bugs and improving the core game is our main focus (instead of trying to distract players with silly gimmicks) and we're most likely the only server with fully working (and very viable) Rebel job.

whiteboi

Yeah, from what you've described as your philosophy or your Vision for the server, it seems to align with exactly what im looking for.

Although being a Renewal server does make me a bit hesitant, i can only judge the server after i experience the server first-hand. I'm going to download it and give it a try with an open mind.

Terpsichore

Hope to see you around, don't hesitate to hop into IRC channel or ask in-game if you're feeling lost.

heRO-GM

Hello, whiteboi, heRO is a pre-renewal low rate that is currently celebrating it's 10th anniversary.

Main Page
More Info
HeRO Wiki
Forum
Register an Account

Quote from: whiteboiReally, any cool features that they've added to the server must be balanced in some fashion.

We take great care that all customs are balanced, and test them thoroughly before releasing them.

QuoteAlso, changing and modifying existing gears, cards, monsters, skills is greatly encouraged. There are a lot of things in the official ragnarok that, if fixed properly, can really make the game seem more fun, new, and challenging.

We tend to leave official pre-renewal content as it is (with some exclusions made), but renewal monsters, spawns, gear and cards are customized to fit the pre-renewal aspect, such as Manuk Fields, Splendide Fields and Niddhoggur Dungeon.

Some custom features we have:

- Allegiance System, become a hero of the Light or Dark allegiance!

- The Hatter, who accepts certain weak cards and plays a game with heroes in exchange for a headgear.

- Mining and Fishing systems.

Custom Dungeons, such as Muspelheim, Thanatos Basement, Warzone, "True" Poring island, Poporing Island, and Fairy Paradise.

A Plethora of Custom Quests, for example, Zodiac Gate, Wandering Spirit, Snow Queen, Army Supply, Thanatos Party Quest, Guild Quest, Monthly Monster Extermination, and much more!

Give heRO a try and see if the features are to your liking!

heRO is a friendly, sociable, unique and fun server of 5/5/3 rates with a great community, give it a try!

Click here to find out more about heRO!