Seeking balanced open PVP server

Started by Kainminter, Nov 13, 2012, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kainminter

Thinking about returning to the ragnarok scene with a few people, but I'm hoping to find just the right server for us to join. Server searching isn't going too well for me so far.

Here's what I'm looking for:
*Open PVP outside of towns (I like the thrill of being in danger of other players, as well as hunting bullies and such)
*Enough population for there to be an economy going, and a nice community of players
*5x~100x Exp -   Its been a while, i dont remember what feels too slow and what feels way too fast.
*99~150 max base level
*A max job level that lets players pick diverse routes, not end up with every single skill there is
*Balanced item/card drops. Can obtain what you need with a little legwork, without needing 'win the lottery' tier luck.
*MVP card drops low, but not too low
*No custom town to replace prontera. (peeve of mine)
*Most/All of the game's original quests intact
*Primarily English, with english speaking GMs

Prefered features, but not a deal breaker:
*Ability to play gender of choice. (My wife likes to play male priest, I like to play female monk/rouge)
*Having to do the quests to job change over having a job changer npc
*Some custom quests and endgame content is ok, if it is well implemented
*Fishing and Mining systems
*Secondary languages Japanese and/or Indonesian

I used to play on a server a long time ago that was just like this. Cannot remember for the life of me what the name of it was.
Any advice is appreciated, thank you  ^^

Intricate

Hello Kainminter, hope you're doing well today.

I'd first like to answer each and every of your requirement to match it to our server, Resurgence Ragnarok Online. However we probably can't match each and every of your desired requirement but I was thinking we might give it a shot.

Quote from: Kainminter on Nov 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
*Open PVP outside of towns What you seem to be looking for is PK mode, we do not have this feature.
*Enough population for there to be an economy going, and a nice community of players We're currently averaging at 150+, peaked at 200+
*5x~100x Exp -   Its been a while, i dont remember what feels too slow and what feels way too fast. 20/20/25, Short enough time to level but not too short.
*99~150 max base level 99/70, we prefer this level as we feel it's the most balanced.
*A max job level that lets players pick diverse routes, not end up with every single skill there is 99/70, you'll have enough skill points to go to the build you desire.
*Balanced item/card drops. Can obtain what you need with a little legwork, without needing 'win the lottery' tier luck. We have 15x drop rate, this should work just fine I believe.
*MVP card drops low, but not too low 0.01%, we've left it at the lowest as we feel some MVP cards may be gamebreaking.
*No custom town to replace prontera. (peeve of mine) We have prontera, with a little "Edit" to it to make it our very own.
*Most/All of the game's original quests intact Most of it are in-tact.
*Primarily English, with english speaking GMs Done!

*Ability to play gender of choice. (My wife likes to play male priest, I like to play female monk/rouge) Of course.
*Having to do the quests to job change over having a job changer npc We enabled both, you can use our job changer or you could do the quest.
*Some custom quests and endgame content is ok, if it is well implemented We're only 17 days old but we do have some end-game content in mind if the time comes.
*Fishing and Mining systems We have neither, yet.
*Secondary languages Japanese and/or Indonesian We have a small part of our community that are Indo and we do have a translator hired(Speaks 9 languages).

If I've interest you in our server, please feel free to take a look at Resurgence Ragnarok Online with the details provided below.

Peanut

Thinking about returning to the ragnarok scene with a few people, but I'm hoping to find just the right server for us to join. Server searching isn't going too well for me so far.

*Open PVP outside of towns (I like the thrill of being in danger of other players, as well as hunting bullies and such)
*Enough population for there to be an economy going, and a nice community of players
*5x~100x Exp -   Its been a while, i dont remember what feels too slow and what feels way too fast.50x 50x 25x
*99~150 max base level99/70
*A max job level that lets players pick diverse routes, not end up with every single skill there is70
*Balanced item/card drops. Can obtain what you need with a little legwork, without needing 'win the lottery' tier luck.0.25
*MVP card drops low, but not too low0,01
*No custom town to replace prontera. (peeve of mine)Right!
*Most/All of the game's original quests intactyes
*Primarily English, with english speaking GMsYes!

*Ability to play gender of choice. (My wife likes to play male priest, I like to play female monk/rouge)yes!
*Having to do the quests to job change over having a job changer npcHave Job Changer
*Some custom quests and endgame content is ok, if it is well implementedYes, we have for some Headgears
*Fishing and Mining systemsnope
*Secondary languages Japanese and/or IndonesianEvery Language is there

I used to play on a server a long time ago that was just like this. Cannot remember for the life of me what the name of it was.
Try FlavusRO new Server 17, October 2012 60+ Member everyday getting new Players activ Battleground, active GM's activ Community...

Regards,

SloMo

ProGamer2010

*5x~100x Exp -   Its been a while, i dont remember what feels too slow and what feels way too fast.
*99~150 max base level
*A max job level that lets players pick diverse routes, not end up with every single skill there is
*Balanced item/card drops. Can obtain what you need with a little legwork, without needing 'win the lottery' tier luck.
*MVP card drops low, but not too low
*No custom town to replace prontera. (peeve of mine)
*Most/All of the game's original quests intact
*Primarily English, with english speaking GMs

*Ability to play gender of choice. (My wife likes to play male priest, I like to play female monk/rouge)
*Having to do the quests to job change over having a job changer npc
*Some custom quests and endgame content is ok, if it is well implemented
*Fishing and Mining systems
*Secondary languages Japanese and/or Indonesian

I'm looking an exact server like this one but a server whose not so strict in the Rules, who gives you 3 warnings before you get any permanent bans if you break a rule unintentionally. Even so, a ban warning that gives players grace and contemplate on the mistakes they did and won't do it anymore or they really get ban permanently. A server with friendly, low tempered and helpful GM's around more vent on grace rather the ban hammer and abusive GM authority.