Low Rate/Difficult

Started by Mrew2, Dec 03, 2016, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrew2

- Low Rates
- Preferably Pre-renewal but renewal works fine, as well.
- Difficult. Not the standard warper, healer, 5x+ rates. Hard to level, requires effort on the players part.
- Polished. Not plagued with the typical bugs of most servers out there.
- Admin that has played the game and has them self, or had others, play test the server. Tired of servers with admins that are inexperienced with the game.

Pretty sure none of the servers on the market fit this description but I thought I might as well try and post this here.

RagnaBest

Hi sir,

how about Eos Ragnarok?
-Lowrate? yes lowrate 8x8x4x  /lv
-Yup were pre-renewal /no1
-Expert GM that have vase exp in server manangement  /o

for more info regarding our server
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/eos-ragnarok-online-(8x8x4x)/

p/s: if your intrested pls do join our facebook group community, active GM and helpful player their will surely convice you to join us =)

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1004324343026939/

heartseeker

Quote from: Mrew2 on Dec 03, 2016, 10:02 PM
- Low Rates
- Difficult. Not the standard warper, healer, 5x+ rates. Hard to level, requires effort on the players part.
- Admin that has played the game and has them self, or had others, play test the server. Tired of servers with admins that are inexperienced with the game.

Pretty sure none of the servers on the market fit this description but I thought I might as well try and post this here.

The server I'm playing might fit your needs... it's renewal though. 1x rates, no healer, no warper, no job changer. Pretty much the standard RO but with a few auto-events and player commands (@autoloot, @autotrade).  http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=19089&itv=6&url_sname=Joy-Ro

Mrew2

Quote from: RagnaBest on Dec 04, 2016, 03:06 AM
Hi sir,

how about Eos Ragnarok?
-Lowrate? yes lowrate 8x8x4x  /lv
-Yup were pre-renewal /no1
-Expert GM that have vase exp in server manangement  /o

for more info regarding our server
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/eos-ragnarok-online-(8x8x4x)/

p/s: if your intrested pls do join our facebook group community, active GM and helpful player their will surely convice you to join us =)

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1004324343026939/
I tried it. The server fails it's second line of "Need a server that do not apply pay to win in their gameplay?" when it sells headgears that have better stats than a lot of the in-game items. It seems to be even more of a cash grab when, as far as I could tell, the only way to change your character's looks was to donate or by obtaining the stylist coupon via some undisclosed way. There are plenty more things I can say wrong about the server but if the server cannot keep one of its initial promises, how can I trust them enough to play on it?

RagnaBest

Quote from: Mrew2 on Dec 04, 2016, 10:13 AM
I tried it. The server fails it's second line of "Need a server that do not apply pay to win in their gameplay?" when it sells headgears that have better stats than a lot of the in-game items. It seems to be even more of a cash grab when, as far as I could tell, the only way to change your character's looks was to donate or by obtaining the stylist coupon via some undisclosed way. There are plenty more things I can say wrong about the server but if the server cannot keep one of its initial promises, how can I trust them enough to play on it?

First of all im sorry if the server doest meet you requiment, FYI term pay2win is where the player given too much advantage in especialy in WoE or PvP..such as Alice Doll, Large Baho Helm, Mercury Riser and so on (espcialy eq that have demi human red effect) but we didnt dont that we only include a headgear that wont interfier with WoE or PVP mostly the headgear is stats wise and only aid player to lvling anyway can I ask any headgear that you consider to be pay2win material?

EclipseToo

Have you given Ragnarok Reborn a shot yet?

To simply answer your bullet points...
Quote from: Mrew2 on Dec 03, 2016, 10:02 PM
- Low Rates
We are low rate with 5x EXP rates.
We are pre-renewal with official pre-renewal mechanics.
I would say that for low-rate servers Ragnarok Reborn is more on the hard side of things, but not annoyingly so. The warper only warps to towns, the healer functions identically to the official Inn, there's no double EXP Field Manuals or anything else to take away from the low-rate feel.
We have maintenance every week to fix bugs and as far as things are right now, we are free of bugs, unless there are some that haven't been reported.
I've personally played RO since 2004 and played many low-rates and a handful of mid-rates since then. I would say that I am fairly experienced with the game both as a player and as a developer/admin and many players will tell you that Ragnarok Reborn is more than your typical copy-paste server with an inexperienced staff.

Aside from just answering bullet points, I can tell you that if you enjoy Ragnarok Online and enjoy the true mechanics of the game then Ragnarok Reborn will be a lot of fun for you. It's important to me that the game plays like a low-rate and plays like an official server. That means that we don't have a bunch of copy-paste scripts, autoevents, and other nonsense that just fills up a features list of a server for the sake of filling it up. It also means that you're not going to find the typical mindless EXP increase events nor will you find Field Manuals that double or triple the rates. Our aim is to implement features in a professional manner that makes sense in the environment of a pre-renewal low-rate server. For example, We do have "Spotlight On" events weekly in which a lesser-used area is chosen for a temporary EXP increase rather than your randomly chosen race of the day or monster of the day.

It's also extremely important that game isn't stagnant. Pre-Renewal stopped receiving updates a long time ago and thus, content has been at a standstill. We have and will continue to careful convert renewal content to pre-renewal in a fashion that correctly matches pre-renewal mechanics in order to avoid that situation. It's the only server where you'll get to experience newer, official things in Ragnarok Online without having to give up the true, pre-renewal mechanics.

I noticed one of your concerns with the above posts is that the server shouldn't be pay2win. This is also something that is integral to the true RO feeling Ragnarok Online strives to maintain. We do have a donation shop, but all items in it are either completely statless or have heavily nerfed stats. You can certainly play without ever donating and you'll never be at a disadvantage in PvM or WoE if you choose not to.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the server. I hope to see you there!

More information can be found here: http://www.ragnarokreborn.com/info/features

Forums: http://www.ragnarokreborn.com/forums

Mrew2

Quote from: EclipseToo on Dec 04, 2016, 07:34 PM
Have you given Ragnarok Reborn a shot yet?
I have actually. It sounded really promising but I remember logging in and feeling that the ideas were not fully realized or that there was a lot of inconsistencies. I don't remember 100%, though. I just remember really looking forward to it but then it was disappointing.

Playtester

Quote from: Mrew2 on Dec 05, 2016, 12:54 PM
I have actually. It sounded really promising but I remember logging in and feeling that the ideas were not fully realized or that there was a lot of inconsistencies. I don't remember 100%, though. I just remember really looking forward to it but then it was disappointing.
That's not very concrete? Imo, Ragnarok Reborn is currently the best low rate server. It's not second highest rated pre-re server except TalonRO on RMS for nothing. :p

From what I can see from lurking on their forums, there are hardly any bugs reported or suggestions made the past weeks, so it seems that it is stable and consistent now. Though there are still several renewal regions missing if you mean that with "not fully realized" ideas.

Mrew2

Quote from: Playtester on Dec 06, 2016, 03:42 AM
That's not very concrete? Imo, Ragnarok Reborn is currently the best low rate server. It's not second highest rated pre-re server except TalonRO on RMS for nothing. :p

From what I can see from lurking on their forums, there are hardly any bugs reported or suggestions made the past weeks, so it seems that it is stable and consistent now. Though there are still several renewal regions missing if you mean that with "not fully realized" ideas.
Yes, it wasn't very concrete because I didn't remember why I was disappointed. I downloaded it just to play it and remember why I didn't like it and I remember now. The champion mobs were lazily added. Champion Mobs having the 5x hp, a flat 2x damage increase, no increase to drops and 2.5x exp. They are more refined now. Champion mobs give more exp, have better drop rates and differentiating attacks which is much nicer and feels like a fully realized idea.

The major thing that made me stop was the no auto following on the clients. This was not listed as a change anywhere that you would look for on a server. I don't even remember where it was listed, I only found this out in-game from other people talking about it. That was a major turn off. If it had been listed in the ad on RMS, in the changelog section or in the post talking about the client, I'd have adjusted my expectations accordingly but that disappointed me and it made a lot of things not possible for my kind of playstyle, like two-man partying Thanatos and Abyss.

If you like the server, that is fine. They do seem to be improving but it will always be the server with this stigma attached to it because of that unannounced change. I may try it again when I am feeling up to it but this is not my ideal server, more just something to spend time on.

henry24

Hey,

Have you tried Joy-Ro?
We are a Low rate Renewal server with 1x rates.
We have some special Events and pvp battle grounds.

Atm we have a floating rates event so you have abit more exp if you join now!

For more information check out our website.
http://joy-ro.com

[color=#0000FF]1x1x1x Renewal Server[/color]

Mrew2

Quote from: henry24 on Dec 06, 2016, 01:46 PM
Hey,

Have you tried Joy-Ro?
We are a Low rate Renewal server with 1x rates.
We have some special Events and pvp battle grounds.

Atm we have a floating rates event so you have abit more exp if you join now!

For more information check out our website.
http://joy-ro.com
Yup yup. I was there a few days after it opened. Admin was no where to be found with the GMs being unable to fix any issues with the admin's help but an error with donating was fixed on the same day it was reported but leaving other issues reported unanswered. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Playtester

Well, you didn't state you want to multiclient. No auto follow makes leveling harder and in the OP you wrote you want leveling to be hard. :p
But fair enough.

Mrew2

Quote from: Playtester on Dec 09, 2016, 04:59 AM
Well, you didn't state you want to multiclient. No auto follow makes leveling harder and in the OP you wrote you want leveling to be hard. :p
But fair enough.
Why are you responding to this? No, I did not state that I wanted Multi-clienting but I stated my previous experience with the server suggested and why I don't play them anymore. I don't understand your reason to defend the server when it is not going to affect my prior experience and, through relation, my choice to play on the server.

OriginRo

Hey

Originro is a low rate 3/3/2 brand new server
Episode 9 - rebirth
No healer, warper and any of this stuff, if you want to succed you need to work for it
About gms, we are 4 GMs each with about 10 years of experiencce in RO a know a lot about the game, the maps, the mobs and the jobs
We are a new server opens in 1.1.17
If you have more questions, feel free to PM me
Or you can visit our website
Http://originro.ddns.net
Hope to hear from you and good luck

henry24

Quote from: Mrew2 on Dec 07, 2016, 02:25 AM
Yup yup. I was there a few days after it opened. Admin was no where to be found with the GMs being unable to fix any issues with the admin's help but an error with donating was fixed on the same day it was reported but leaving other issues reported unanswered. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Ahh oke to bad to hear the server had alot of work.
We had some good updates lately so if your still looking.. feel free to check it out..

[color=#0000FF]1x1x1x Renewal Server[/color]