Low Rate/Difficult

Started by Mrew2, Dec 03, 2016, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terpsichore

Rates besides, I think my server fits the requirements, and rates alone don't mean much without considering the rest of mechanics. Getting to max level takes an average player that doesn't grind daily around a month, which goes faster in a party.

We do have warper (first floors, with quest requirements to unlock warps) and healer but the difficulty comes from actual content, you can't solo everything like on a standard renewal server and bosses are mostly a party effort. I have made many, many changes to skills, mechanics, gear, monster's stats/skills/drops/AI so the experience is considerably different from basic renewal.

We have the New Year event running right now, which comes with doubled EXP so you might want to wait until this Friday for it to end.

Click my signature if you're interested and check out the information section and wiki, you can also join our Discord if you have questions.

Blinzer

Quote from: Terpsichore on Jan 02, 2017, 04:40 PM
Rates besides, I think my server fits the requirements, and rates alone don't mean much without considering the rest of mechanics. Getting to max level takes an average player that doesn't grind daily around a month, which goes faster in a party.

We do have warper (first floors, with quest requirements to unlock warps) and healer but the difficulty comes from actual content, you can't solo everything like on a standard renewal server and bosses are mostly a party effort. I have made many, many changes to skills, mechanics, gear, monster's stats/skills/drops/AI so the experience is considerably different from basic renewal.

We have the New Year event running right now, which comes with doubled EXP so you might want to wait until this Friday for it to end.

Click my signature if you're interested and check out the information section and wiki, you can also join our Discord if you have questions.

At least you're not all talk, I read your skill changes and they're at least decent in the context of vanilla, they're the first I've seen that aren't garbage. I'd give your server a shot if I was this guy.

Mrew2

Quote from: Terpsichore on Jan 02, 2017, 04:40 PM

Your server sounded really good but ended up being disappointing. A lot of what you say does sound good but it doesn't work in practice, at least not on your server. "Getting to max level takes an average player that doesn't grind daily around a month" That's not legit. On renewal, primary exp gain is Mvps. They are just much better exp than grinding normal mobs. With that in mind, of course it will take you a while to reach max level, especially since 160+ has ridiculous exp requirements. The weird change is the fact that you turned off the exp level curve. That does not work with renewal when renewal was created around that curve. It makes going to harder places pretty much pointless because a lower level area, that is so much easier, grants very close to the same exp.

The warper is way too specific and the quest requirements are pretty lacking. I think I saw five or six red dungeon listings, meaning they require quest, out of thirty. With this warper/healer, everything can be soloed. Bosses are not really party efforts because I didn't notice much change in them. A typical MVP that gets soloed,  Atroce, had the same hp, what amounted to 5% more def, more dex for hitting stuff and slightly more attack. I couldn't see the skills because the database didn't list them. The changes to player skills were pretty lacking, imo, at least in terms of the classes I play. Ranger is still the same one trick pony, just Unlimit is slightly less of an advantage, it's also kind of weird Unlimit level 1 makes you deal less damage. Archbishop had mainly convenience changes with 6/13 being status icons, 1/13 being a setting that you can turn on/off, 4/13 just being convenient stuff, and 2/13 actually being changes to their skills and not even skill mechanics, just they deal slightly more damage and one has a bigger AoE. That changes nothing. I read about the item changes and how you can slot items now to make them more useful but, honestly, if you have a gear set at Mora, that is your main shtick until you are max level. Nothing beats it. If you don't have one at Mora, then maybe you will have some use for that but I don't.

The server looks really nice, it sounds convincing, but when you really look into it, it ends up being more of the same with a slight twist on it. Sorry but it's not for me.

Edit: Forgot to mention, there was this weird quirk where my character stuttered every few cells walked. She would walk two cells then appear,  stopped, at the third cell. It was almost as if you had a kind of quickrefresh built into the server but only for player movement. It made the game very skippy and not smooth at all.