1 (3.7%)
Stop playing RO
2 (7.4%)
Your offer
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: Feb 26, 2015, 12:53 AM

Rider

I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on server rep alone. (don't judge a book by it's cover?) Some get more complaints because they enforce rules strictly while bad servers might still look good on the outside.  Sure a few things maybe be hard facts like corruption and such but for the rest, you wont know anything for sure unless you try it.

Servers don't just differ by features alone, but by the people running it as well. Some might not entertain baddies while others only care about population and turn a blind eye to misconduct and rule breaks. You don't always need a big player base to enjoy the game, a small community with friendly players is far more enjoyable than a larger one full of disrespectful trolls.

birch

Rider, I cannot but agree that "you won't know anything for sure unless you try it".
It is not right place for server reviews, so, today I played alone, then gathered friends to play at the servers mentioned in the poll. It was little fun, but I can't blame anyone.
Feel to giving up playing RO.  /...

Lyuri

Quote from: birch on Feb 23, 2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Lyuri  /no1
Although I have almost decided which server to play, it seems TalonRo has a bad reputation here. Maybe it is not right, correct me then.  /hmm

No, no, no, you might had seen some rant and rave topics regarding it, but its just to a certain GM. Most of the reviews I read around the server's pretty nice but its old though. Its already up to you to start there and need to catch up on tons of stuff or look for a newer server that can make you catch up to the community.

Despite of a server having negative reviews, have you ever thought that if its really that bad, why are there still people playing it? And as I had said in my previous reply, the experience varies from player to player and to you.

And besides, rant and rave section is towards to "unexpected" or "unwanted" behavior from a staff that they find unpleasant.

I have to agree with Rider's reply from above. Don't give up in playing RO. Way back in my previous server search, I had replies that me and my friends had to pick the one that at least suits our wants despite that its not what we really wanted, it turned out fine though, just avoid the section that you don't like or you just have to like it or play there until a newer server opens.

birch

Thanks Rider, Lyuri and NovaRagnarok for the replies. Thanks to everyone who took part in polling.   /no1
I apologize if I hurt fans' of TalonRO feelings.
It is not obligatory to announce which server I will play at, so it is a little secret.  /ho

Rider

You're welcome ^^ good luck with whichever server you picked and have fun.

birch

Hi again,
looking for a new low/mid rate European server with 3rd jobs (not obligatory though).
It would be great if there are Healer and Warper, and no custom things like the wings which are bigger than the screen.
And it would be great that there are few...  /hmm talkative players there.

Zia

Quote from: birch on Mar 21, 2015, 11:48 AM
Hi again,
looking for a new low/mid rate European server with 3rd jobs (not obligatory though).
It would be great if there are Healer and Warper, and no custom things like the wings which are bigger than the screen.
And it would be great that there are few...  /hmm talkative players there.

How new is new? If 4 months is fine I'd talk about my server. If not, I'll let you go. :x
P.S. If there's one thing I'll brag to you about, it's our community. ;)